Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

TGP Primary Poll: Democrats

19 members have voted

1. 1. As of today, who would you vote for?

• Joe Biden
    • Hilary Clinton
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Other

“We do have to get a Democratic Senate to get him confirmed,” she said.

pretty sure they'd need a super-majority to pull that one off, I can't see that going through without a filibuster

Oh my God. What a nightmare. Obama for life. Thankfully Bernie Sanders is going to crush her like a cockroach.

As of right now, who gets the nomination?

Hillary due to the fact that she's a corporate puppet and the most establishment candidate of all time.

Hillary can't be President from behind bars. Bernie.

• Upvote 2

Bernie wins Iowa and starts an unstoppable wave of momentum.

• Upvote 1

The campaigns of Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders have agreed on a rough schedule for four new debates over the next few months, according to various sources, a move that shows the Democratic primary is now set to shift into a higher gear and signals we may be headed for a long, drawn-out battle.

The four debates will be sanctioned by the Democratic National Committee, a spokesman for the DNC, Luis Miranda, confirms to me. “They will all be sanctioned,” Miranda says.

The first of these will be tomorrow night in New Hampshire, to air on MSNBC. The second will be in Flint, Michigan (as Hillary Clinton has requested) in March; the third will be in Pennsylvania in April, and the fourth will be in California in May, a source close to the talks confirms.

Source: The Washington Post

Looks like Bern will get some more face time - and not during some obscure time either!

Edited by KeVo

Let FOX News moderate one of the debates for the lulz.

Interesting moment during last night's debate when Bernie Sanders talked about greedy corporations who "move their business to China to make a profit." Um, Bernie...

1. The primary purpose of a business is to make a profit.
  2. The secondary purpose is to make a bigger profit than they were making before.
  3. Part of the reason businesses are moving overseas is because our taxes are too high, compared with the rest of the world, something Bernie wants to make even worse.

This is why I can't vote for Democrats.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Interesting moment during last night's debate when Bernie Sanders talked about greedy corporations who "move their business to China to make a profit." Um, Bernie...

1. The primary purpose of a business is to make a profit.
  2. The secondary purpose is to make a bigger profit than they were making before.
  3. Part of the reason businesses are moving overseas is because our taxes are too high, compared with the rest of the world, something Bernie wants to make even worse.

This is why I can't vote for Democrats.

If those companies didn't primarily reside in and operate in the US I could see your point, but that's not the case...those firms get to use our public services & infrastructure without contributing to the tax pool (or contribute a relatively small amount). I don't agree with Bernie's approach either but he has a point.

• Upvote 1

They take advantage of what "works" here for them. Give them an advantage to keep their entire business here. If you're a business owner and don't take advantage of those things, I think you're an idiot. People go into business and grow their businesses to make money. If you can skirt the 10 million page tax code, while getting cheap labor overseas... I don't know why you wouldn't.

It's the same thing with taxes. If you want to volunteer more of your paycheck to feed into the welfare state and whatever else, please do so. I commend all that want to tithe in the name of charity / good will. But don't force it onto people.

Anyone who is down with Bernie should be giving up portions of their paycheck (extra that isn't already taken out) to better others. If they aren't or aren't okay with that idea, I will be damned before they tell me it's a good idea that I do it. Lol.

Whatever is left of the middle class will die under a Bernie presidency. He wants to fight off the 1% but in reality all that's going to be left is the immensely wealthy and the immensely poor after he rapes everyone in between.

• Upvote 1

Just a side note, I think it's laughable that Hilary leaves New Hampshire with more delegates after Bernie dominated her. That process needs to change. One man, one vote.

• Upvote 2

What the actual fuck is wrong with your democracy?

What the actual fuck is wrong with your democracy?

The fix is in. The rich have already decided who our candidates are--the two who are best able to divide the citizen base.

I just can't wrap my head around 75 to 26 in SC. How can it be so drastically separated between Clinton and Sanders after 2 close losses for Bernie and on big win close to home. Makes no sense, and I am embarrassed to be an American citizen after this.

• Upvote 1

Hillary was always gonna win South Carolina and Sanders barely bothered campaigning there it was considered such a lost cause.

Guest Phailadelphia

I just can't wrap my head around 75 to 26 in SC. How can it be so drastically separated between Clinton and Sanders after 2 close losses for Bernie and on big win close to home. Makes no sense, and I am embarrassed to be an American citizen after this.

Look at the demographics. This was a predictable outcome.

Bernie's pretty much finished now, right?

I don't think so. As has been said, SC going for Hillary was a foregone conclusion.

Let's talk about March 1st then. Current polling in each state:

Virginia: Hillary winning comfortably

Massachusetts: tied

Texas: Hillary

Georgia: Hillary

Vermont: Bernie

Tennessee: Hillary

Arkansas: Hillary

Oklahoma: Hillary (close)

No recent polling data in Minnesota, Colorado, or Alabama.

Source: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/march1dem.html

Bernie's pretty much finished now, right?

Yeah, pretty much. He was always a big long shot and while he's done a lot better than people predicted, he hasn't done enough. He'd have to score a ton of Super Tuesday upsets to viably remain in this race.

I think he's still had a big impact though. Hillary has definitely brought in more of his ideas to her campaign in response to him. I would've preferred Bernie, but I'll still vote for Hillary because jesus christ the republicans.

Edited by blotsfan

Guest Phailadelphia

I think he might have a chance to win Oklahoma. The millennial crowd in OKC actually votes, and from what I can see on FB from OKC friends they're feeling the Bern.

But if we're being honest with ourselves, he's already almost mathematically eliminated. It's only going to become more obvious as Hillary continues to wipe the floor with him in states with more diverse voting populations.