Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

TGP Primary Poll: Democrats

19 members have voted

1. 1. As of today, who would you vote for?

• Joe Biden
    • Hilary Clinton
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Other

What is it that makes the average voting citizen such a fucking moron?

• Upvote 1

Bernie getting destroyed on the minority vote does not bode well for him.

Hillary with Bernie as VP.

Blegh. I hate this election. I wanted Bernie to win. :/

Bernie getting destroyed on the minority vote does not bode well for him.

Of all the things that don't make sense, right?

Hillary is winning the black vote, hispanic vote, womens vote.. Losing white men (to Bernie). Bernie Sanders is basically a tamer Donald Trump.

Bernie did better than expected. Hope for dems to field a Democrat are still high.

Bernie did better than expected. Hope for dems to field a Democrat are still high.

How do you figure? Bernie's camp said they would win 5 states, they only won 4.

How do you figure? Bernie's camp said they would win 5 states, they only won 4.

I think Cherry is talking about Bernie going from literally unknown to household name in about 6 months.

Not even that. Bernie was projected to be competitive in like 2 or 3 states according to FiveThirtyEight. Vermont was a lock, but Hillary was dominating nearly everywhere else. Even in places where he lost he had an insane turnout from young voters. Bernie has enough push to keep himself in it and hopefully vault over Hillary. He'll have to start grabbing states ASAP but he can very well do it.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Not even that. Bernie was projected to be competitive in like 2 or 3 states according to FiveThirtyEight. Vermont was a lock, but Hillary was dominating nearly everywhere else. Even in places where he lost he had an insane turnout from young voters. Bernie has enough push to keep himself in it and hopefully vault over Hillary. He'll have to start grabbing states ASAP but he can very well do it.

He's done that this entire time though. And.. in the end those people disappoint him. As I mentioned earlier, his own campaign said they would win 5 states. They didn't. Democratic turnout is, on average, 20% worse than the last election cycle.. And the ONLY demographic Sanders won last night was white men.

HUGE HUGE HUGE failure, IMO. You heard from his campaign months ago that he was going to work over minorities a lot better and try connecting with them. Obviously he hasn't done that.

Not saying he is done or whatever, but... I wouldn't call last night a victory by any stretch.

His own campaign expectations aren't a good way to judge how good he actually did. When you look at what political analysts expected, he did pretty well.

He's done that this entire time though. And.. in the end those people disappoint him. As I mentioned earlier, his own campaign said they would win 5 states. They didn't. Democratic turnout is, on average, 20% worse than the last election cycle.. And the ONLY demographic Sanders won last night was white men.

HUGE HUGE HUGE failure, IMO. You heard from his campaign months ago that he was going to work over minorities a lot better and try connecting with them. Obviously he hasn't done that.

Not saying he is done or whatever, but... I wouldn't call last night a victory by any stretch.

I mean, if you're looking at his candidacy from the perspective of being president he failed. But he went from being a complete fringe candidate, to someone that has gone almost neck and neck with Hillary, as well as gotten Hillary and the national conversation to shift towards his ideas. In that regard its been a huge success. Sometimes its not just about winning the election. As a Ron Paul fan you should understand that.

• Upvote 1

I mean, if you're looking at his candidacy from the perspective of being president he failed. But he went from being a complete fringe candidate, to someone that has gone almost neck and neck with Hillary, as well as gotten Hillary and the national conversation to shift towards his ideas. In that regard its been a huge success. Sometimes its not just about winning the election. As a Ron Paul fan you should understand that.

Oh, I most definitely do. That's why my expectations are more in check than yours.. I knew Bernie would do this before he did it. Meanwhile you all act surprised and shocked that he was able to sustain the relative success that he had. I said in this thread, or others, that Bernie would be a name to keep in mind and everyone else laughed.

Heck, I am not even counting him out yet. Everyone else is just so extreme in their views. It's always all or nothing with you guys.

He failed to meet his own expectations on Super Tuesday. That is / was my observation. Nothing more or nothing less.

Guest Phailadelphia

It's not just that Bernie lost a lot of states, but he got creamed. 50 point losses are really, really bad. That's not a candidate that has a shot to win in the general.

Bernie: When you're white, you don't know what it's like to be poor.

HAHAHAHA

• Downvote 1

Did he actually say that?

Jeez, I get what he was going for but that's not a good way to put it.

Rip Sanders campaign,

Bernie: When you're white, you don't know what it's like to be poor.

HAHAHAHA

Edit: Ok, he does say you don't know what its like to be living in a ghetto and to be poor if you're white. I think his larger point was that police officers are more likely to be going after you if you're black in a poor neighborhood than white, but it was worded very poorly at the least.

Here's your source:

Edited by Thanatos

Just like Blots said, I think most of us understand what he was getting at. But even listening to it fully in context, it doesn't come across great. Even conversely, it's not like all black people know what it's like living in a ghetto either. Yes, African American disproportionately make up the impoverished, but that still isn't even a majority of them. Again, that's not me saying it isn't an issue... But I would think even some African Americans would hear that and be like, WTF -- 75% of them to be more exact.

Hillary commits treason and becomes president. 'Merica :slingblade:

So, Sanders was projected to get destroyed in Michigan and somehow won. I don't know if it means much for his chances of winning the primary, but he's definitely going to stay in the race longer now.