Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

TGP Primary Poll: Republicans

20 members have voted

1. 1. As of today, who would you vote for?

• Jeb Bush
    • Ben Carson
    • Chris Christie
    • Ted Cruz
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John Kasich
    • Rand Paul
    • Marco Rubio
    • Donald Trump
    • Scott Walker
    • Other

Voting for Rubio on Tuesday. I've decided I like Kasich the best, but since Florida is winner-take-all, and since I'm on the anti-Trump bandwagon more than anything, I'm voting strategically. Damn our voting system.

• Upvote 1

Not gonna matter if the polls are at all accurate though. Trump has him beat by 20+ points.

Republican field is 5/1 to beat Trump in the Florida primary. :slingblade:

I feel this is relevant. Long read. From a Bernie supporter who went to a Trump rally.

http://imgur.com/gallery/rIMea

I have no idea what that was or really what the point of it is, but I read like half the first "page" and it just screams pretentious douche bag.

Douchebag college student is scared by the fervent mob mentality and realized that the only person who found the killing joke funny is the Joker.

• Upvote 2

Is it wrong for me to assume that Trump supporters are racist?

Yes.

Guest Phailadelphia

I don't see why not considering he is an actual racist.

I don't see why not considering he is an actual racist.

Because it's projecting a very large label onto millions of people. You can't paint with that large of a brush.

Some people though Hitler was going to be good for the economy

Well, Rubio is gone so it's a three horse race, Kasich did take Ohio by a comfortable margin, not sure that'll be enough to get him momentum, but time will tell. It is worth noting that Trump needs to get about 60% of the remaining delegates to secure the nomination, meaning a brokered convention is looking more and more likely as the field continues to narrow, which at this point seems to be the only thing that's unifying the anit-Trump sentiment.

Edited by oochymp

Feel like Trump is throwing the election for Hilary in all honesty.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/john-kasich-contested-convention-insiders-220946

In the event of a contested Republican convention this summer, John Kasich is the candidate most acceptable to GOP delegates.

That’s according to members of The POLITICO Caucus – a panel of political insiders in seven battleground states – who said Kasich would be the most palatable of the three remaining Republican presidential candidates in a contested convention, despite the fact the Ohio governor is last in delegates and the only one mathematically eliminated from clinching a majority before the July convention.

• Upvote 1

I don't think that's actually a surprise to anyone, but I'm still not counting out the possibility of a wild card like Mitt Romney in a contested convention

I think the party looks worse having a guy who finished in a distant third as the nominee vs someone brand new altogether.

If they do follow through with a contested convention, I'd be shocked if it's not Romney who is "the guy."

Romney has already proven he can't win as the nominee. If it comes to a brokered convention I think Kasich is the nominee with Romney angling for a VP bid.

By the way, can we talk about how Carson is trying to be Trump's VP? My god what a nightmare that would be.

Lol - I'm sure you've seen his quotes after "endorsing" Trump. Hilarious stuff.

"Even if he isn't a good president, it's only four years." And something like he endorsed him because there wasn't anyone available that was better. :laugh:

Romney has already proven he can't win as the nominee. If it comes to a brokered convention I think Kasich is the nominee with Romney angling for a VP bid.

He's proven he can't beat an incumbent Obama, I like his odds against Hillary a lot more