SteVo

Why did your team win/lose this week?

- Romo activated clutch mode

- Giants stupidity

- Our D played well considering the turnovers we gave up on offense.

It was a weird game. Cowboys were practically begging the Giants to run away with it all night, but they didn't take advantage.

That Dallas defense was impressive. I thought the secondary was a huge surprise. I don't think I saw Mo get targeted once, and even if they were doubling OBJ, they didn't let him go off, which is a win.

Apparently scoring on division rivals to improve a lead is too much if it's done by the running back.

Coughlin and his amazing 3rd down play call

Same problems as last year; young QB, young WRs. Drops and overthrows everywhere. I think they only caught 2 of his deep balls, dropped the others that he didn't overthrow so the YPA looks like trash. Inexperience at skill positions everywhere. Not sure if this is on Bortles or the offensive coordinator either but it's been noted that about half of the Jags plays seemed off timing in terms of QB drops vs routes opening up. Meaning when the routes are designed for a 5 step drop he's doing a 3 and nobodies open:

qeioE9i.gif

This happened for half the game basically. This is why this is the dumbest team in the league. All I've heard is the coaches rave how smart the players are but maybe the coaches are just retarded and the players are of average intelligence? :badass:

Edited by CampinWithMadMikeTomlin

Apparently scoring on division rivals to improve a lead is too much if it's done by the running back.

Coughlin and his amazing 3rd down play call

New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning admitted taking strategic matters into his own hands late in Sunday night's season-opening loss to the Cowboys, confirming that he told running back Rashad Jennings not to score if he got close to the goal line. The purpose of the move was to run more time off the clock and deprive Dallas a chance at a comeback.

Source

looks like we can blame that one on Eli, although if this is true it makes his decision to throw the ball away on third down all the more confusing

Carlos Hyde and the defense kilt the Purple people.

Same problems as last year; young QB, young WRs. Drops and overthrows everywhere. I think they only caught 2 of his deep balls, dropped the others that he didn't overthrow so the YPA looks like trash. Inexperience at skill positions everywhere. Not sure if this is on Bortles or the offensive coordinator either but it's been noted that about half of the Jags plays seemed off timing in terms of QB drops vs routes opening up. Meaning when the routes are designed for a 5 step drop he's doing a 3 and nobodies open:

qeioE9i.gif

This happened for half the game basically. This is why this is the dumbest team in the league. All I've heard is the coaches rave how smart the players are but maybe the coaches are just retarded and the players are of average intelligence? :badass:

One more second of protection and that's a nice gain. Assuming the pass doesn't get sailed... Edited by Vin

qeioE9i.gif

that looks like a great read by the linebacker, looks like he was covering the running back (I don't think he was supposed to rush) then stepped up when the back stayed in to block and he saw a clear path

that looks like a great read by the linebacker, looks like he was covering the running back (I don't think he was supposed to rush) then stepped up when the back stayed in to block and he saw a clear path

That's Kuechly and yes, that is what happened. He saw no one was coming over the middle for him to cover and the RB stayed put, so when Bortles stepped up he was like, "Thank you for the free sack."

The Vikings lost because...

--Their supposedly great DL completely disappeared.

--Teddy Bridgewater did his best Christian Ponder impression

--The offensive line was awful, with the exception of Matt Kalil, who is healthy and looks great.

--It's week 1 and Mike Wallace is already quitting on routes.

--Coaching decisions like having Rhett Ellison in on a passing down, resulting in a drop when either Rudolph or Pruitt would have caught it.

--Dumb playcalling that didn't adjust to what San Francisco was doing. You'd never know it was Norv Turner pulling these ropes.

--We just flat out sucked.

Add one more: Blair Walsh missing a kickable field goal and us not being able to trust our kicker for the rest of the night.

I wouldn't jump to the Teddy is the next Christian Ponder conclusions yet, if that's what you're going for. He had a bad game, but he was still making throws and decisions Ponder could never make.

I was as surprised as you are that Matt Kalil played well. The offensive line was absolute dog shit (except on a few plays where Teddy had time and then was able to extend the play as well), but Kalil looked solid. I seriously don't know why we can't have a good O-line. :(

I'm hoping we either address DE/DT in the draft or OL. Those two need to be absolute priority.

Hoyer threw two picks inside his own 13 yard line. Both resulted in TD's for KC.

He looked like he wasn't picking up blitzes and held onto the ball too long.

KC won the field position and time of possession battle.

Texans made some adjustments in the second half to pitch a shutout but the damage was done in the first half.

I had the feeling Texans weren't prepared well enough and started pretty slow as seems customary for them.

Hopefully O'Brien makes more adjustments and lights a fire under their asses against Panthers.

+ no miracle water...

• Upvote 2

Add one more: Blair Walsh missing a kickable field goal and us not being able to trust our kicker for the rest of the night.

I wouldn't jump to the Teddy is the next Christian Ponder conclusions yet, if that's what you're going for. He had a bad game, but he was still making throws and decisions Ponder could never make.

I was as surprised as you are that Matt Kalil played well. The offensive line was absolute dog shit (except on a few plays where Teddy had time and then was able to extend the play as well), but Kalil looked solid. I seriously don't know why we can't have a good O-line. :(

I'm hoping we either address DE/DT in the draft or OL. Those two need to be absolute priority.

Oh, I know that Teddy is a franchise QB and 10X better than Ponder was, but I was just saying he did an impression of CP7 on Monday.

Kalil surprised me but Paul Allen has been raving about him all training camp/preseason, and while PA is just the play-by-play guy, I find him to be quite intelligent.

I don't know if Minny needs DTs but Brian Robison has to go. I don't care if Danielle Hunter gets pushed around for 15 more games, let's see what he has because Brian signed his contract and then disappeared.

Agreed on Walsh.

Another thing--MLB is a huge problem. Hodges is better at OLB and I think I'd rather watch Cole be just good enough or let Kendricks develop than give Hodges starter snaps.

For me, it's missed opportunities. In the first half, we got dominated. We were getting punished in the trenches on both sides of the ball and it showed. The run game, defenders were in the backfield fast and Bradford was getting repeatedly smashed on pass plays.There was also a miscommunication between Bradford and the receivers. That can happen when your QB hasn't played football in over 600+ days and also when receivers don't turn around for the ball.. It's an under statement to say our offense was lack luster in the first half; more like non existent. However, despite Julio obliterating our secondary (primarily Maxwell), we held the Falcons to only 20 points. Considering the fast 3 and outs our offense was having and the number of opportunities the Falcons had, they should have been up like 30+ to our 3 points. Our defense was bend but not completely break

In the 2nd half though, our offense came alive. People were dogging Bradford for his dinking and dunking, but the Falcons were playing 4 deep so everything underneath was open. He was simply taking what the defense was giving him. Bradford orchestrated a nice 95 yard drive despite the 12 penalties and 55 yards lost. So really, it was an 150 yard TD drive xD. I was happy with our red zone defense and offense. The Falcons had 3 trips in the red zone and one of them led to an interception, a FG, and a Julio Jones TD. Our offense came away with 3 TDs in the redzone. We struggled there last year.

Considering the 21-6 scoring run in the 2nd half and all the missed opportunities, we definitely had a chance. Jenkins drops two interceptions. One of them in the Falcons redzone that takes 3 points off the board. Ryans should have 4 interceptions but only has two because Jenkins has stone hands. We also had strip sack fumble get turned back as well on a penalty that was sketchy. That's a potential of 5 turnovers we missed out on. We missed a field goal that would have put us in the lead. Our defense stops the Falcons and on our would be final drive, Jordan Matthews drops a ball that hit him square in the hands and it's picked off.

We missed a lot of opportunities but that's our fault. We failed to capitalize on the opportunities that were created and came our way. If we capitalized on those opportunities, I think the result of the game is a lot different. But we didn't. However, I loved the resolve and fight that my team showed in the 2nd half basically shutting Atlanta down but we simply have to execute better next time and finish.

Edited by Dutch

well, our pass rush was awful and Mariota looked like a rookie

Because we played the Dolphins.

Such a disappointing team.

Cornellius Lucas almost single handly killed Matthew Stafford yesterday. IDK how many hits, and pressures he gave up, but it doesn't even begin to explain the overall failure he was yesterday.

I'm not going to blame everything on him, especially when you lose a game that most mediocre teams would of probably won as embarrassing as the Lions lost yesterday... But he was a special kinda awful.

And it just hit me that he will more then likely be starting against the Broncos trying to block Von Miller. Stafford won't make it past Sunday.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F