Favre4Ever

49ers Bench Colin Kaepernick

After the game, multiple 49ers told Bleacher Report's Jason Cole that they wanted the young quarterback benched.

"Two 49ers players texted me and said after this game that it is time for Colin Kaepernick to be benched," Cole said. "This game lost to the Rams was the tipping point in a series of events that have been building and building and building to this point."

"What these players say is they don't want Kaepernick's to be out of the plans for the 49ers. But simply put they think he needs time on the bench to clear his head, get himself straight so he understands what the offense is trying to do and what he can do to make it work."

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2015/11/02/Report-Teammates-want-San-Francisco-49ers-quarterback-Colin-Kaepernick-benched/2371446500266/

Edited by Favre4Ever

Maybe they should trade for Edwards James.... Olmos.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Bay Area Sports Guy's Kyle McLorg reports the 49ers have benched Colin Kapernick and will start Blaine Gabbert against the Falcons this week.

The 49ers are expected to announce the decision on Tuesday, according to McLorg's source. It's a decision that has long been in the making with Kaepernick averaging 6.6 YPA and tossing just six touchdowns to five interceptions, while absorbing 28 sacks through eight games. It's a sad turn of events for Kaepernick. He signed a mega-extension last June and has become one of the worst quarterbacks in football only to replaced by one of the biggest drafts busts in recent memory in Gabbert. The 49ers are in full-blown tank mode. Kaepernick may not play another snap for San Francisco. Nov 2 - 10:28 PM

Source: Bay Area Sports Guy

Edited by BLUE

ImpressiveScrawnyGraywolf.gif

• Downvote 1

Blaine bent over awkwardly to a Jim Tom who seemed more concerned with his uncontrollable flatulence than running a football team and whispered sweet nothings into his hear, " I can be your hero, baby. Let me kiss away the pain. "

And that's how Colin Kaepernick found his way to the bench.

that contract :dying:

Vin = 49ers fan confirmed :smug:

The end of an era...

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

that contract :dying:

"I'm going to do everything I can to earn this contract."

:yao: :yao: :yao:

NFL.com's Rand Getlin reports "there's a strong sense" that the 49ers' front office influenced coach Jim Tomsula's decision to bench Colin Kaepernick.

It's not a surprise. GM Trent Baalke is the football emperor in San Francisco, and Tomsula is out of his depth. Ex-coach Jim Harbaugh had heavy influence on the team's decision to draft Kaepernick, and Baalke must be itching to move on after he sent his wildly successful ex-coach back to college. There's a strong chance Kap will be playing elsewhere in 2016. Getlin reports "multiple teams" are expected to explore an offseason trade.

Vin = 49ers fan confirmed :smug:

Just a guy who'd like to see Gabbert succeed. Which given that he has even less to work with now than Kaep usually does (No Vernon Davis, Hyde, Bush, pretty much any healthy running back), it's going to be a really tough task.

Blaine Gabbert is going to throw 5 interceptions in his debut and Tomsula will sign someone off the streets. :bookit:

This is just proof that it's pretty damn tough to lose a spot in the league once you're in. If Blaine Gabbert is being CHOSEN to start in this league, you gotta be pretty fucked up for no one to want you on a roster.

Those of us who are true believers knew this would happen. I never lost hope.

GOAT

Edited by Vin

Razor pls.

Clearly it would be

#2namiscoming.

All I see is tuna miscoming.

First:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/11/27/9798870/bill-romanowski-colin-kaepernick-rumor-ipad

Colin Kaepernick had surgery earlier this week in Colorado to repair a torn labrum, and is back in California to rehab it over the next several months. The injury could require a four-to-six month rehab process, and there will be plenty to track of that. In the meantime, there has been plenty of discussion about the nature of the injury and what's next for Kaepernick and the 49ers.

Earlier this week, the Papa & Lund Football Hour were discussing the injury on 95.7 The Game with Bill Romanowski and Lorenzo Neal. During that discussion, things took a quick detour courtesy of Romo. The one-time 49ers and Broncos player was talking about the injury at the 10:50 mark, but then quickly changed the tune of the conversation about Kaepernick. Romo does not strike me as the most subtle of people, and so, he decided to abruptly share something he heard:

Let's talk Colin preparing for games. And you know how they get iPads now. And they regulate, and they can watch how much film you watch. Gabbert, when he was a backup, was watching four to five times as much film as Colin was.

At the 35 minute mark, Romo adds another comment about last year's 49ers-Raiders game at the Oakland Coliseum. he said that, "omeone drove [Kaepernick's] car to the Coliseum. He rode the bus to the stadium, and then could leave in his own car from the game." He also talked about Harbaugh supposedly coddling Kaepernick.

Whether the 49ers can in fact see how much film a player is watching or not, somebody is leaking something. This could be someone in the front office who wants to make Kaepernick look bad. Of course, given how badly the brass does appear to be leaking, anybody could very well leak something and people will think it's the 49ers.

That's how far down the rabbit hole we have gone with this mess of a situation.

People have asked, well, why would the 49ers leak so much negative information about Kaepernick if they wanted to trade him. A smear campaign only hurts Kaepernick's value if the 49ers try and trade him. Of course, in light of Kap's shoulder injury, a trade could end up out of the question entirely. If that's the case, the team will likely cut him at some point, either straightaway if they think he's healthy, or with some kind of injury settlement.

It still does not seem necessary to leak out whatever they can to smear Kaepernick's name, but nothing at this point makes a whole lot of sense. Like I said, we could completely overthink this and consider the possibility that someone outside of the 49ers knows this will make them look bad. This situation is that screwed up that nothing

would surprise me at this point. Maybe that's what Jed York has planned all along? Leak as much as humanly possible so eventually people doubt it's coming from you.

Well played, Jed. Well played.

Secondly:

Cardinals cornerback Tyrann Mathieu has dissected the tape, and he agrees with the 49ers' decision to bench Colin Kaepernick before Kaepernick's season-ending surgery. In Mathieu's mind, Blaine Gabbert is simply a better player.

"That's not to take anything away from Kaepernick, but it seems like Gabbert has a little bit better grip on what's going on. If he gets in a situation, he knows where the ball needs to go. He's a hell of a passer. I think he's underrated when you talk about how well he can throw the football," Mathieu told reporters Wednesday via CSNBayArea.com.

Mathieu, one of the savviest defensive backs in the league, says Gabbert gives the 49ers a "better option" than Kaepernick. Mathieu cited Gabbert's ability to take care of the football; the Cardinals picked off Kaepernick four times in Week 3.

"We just knew Kaepernick's tendencies," Mathieu said. "We knew what he liked to do. We knew which way he wanted to roll out. We knew what side of the field he liked to read to.

"You don't pick up those same things with Gabbert. He's better in the pocket. He has a better feel for coverages. It seems like he can get to the line and see a coverage and then go to a different play. Or, see a coverage and not throw the ball. You can see Gabbert's maturity and the different things he does well that Kaepernick doesn't do well."

The quotes above would have been hard to imagine in 2013 when Kaepernick was a star coming off a Super Bowl appearance, and Gabbert was wrapping up a disastrous run with the Jaguars.

Now the quotes don't come as a huge surprise based on Kaepernick's play this season, and Gabbert's solid work replacing him. Gabbert, after all, is the one that's more likely to be a starting quarterback in the NFC West next year.

:ooo:

CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco said it is "difficult to come up with a scenario" which keeps Colin Kaepernick (shoulder, IR) with the 49ers for another season.

The 49ers are reportedly open to bringing Kaepernick back, but likely not at the almost $13.5 million he is owed in salary and bonuses. The reality is the 49ers might not have much of a choice but to keep Kaepernick. His 2016 salary is already guaranteed for injury and becomes fully guaranteed on April 1. If he cannot pass a physical by then, San Francisco will be on the hook for the guaranteed money. Kaepernick underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum late in November.
Source: CSN Bay Area

The New York Daily News reports Colin Kaepernick "wants out of San Francisco," and that the Jets are his "preferred destination."

Per reporter Manish Mehta, the Jets are "intrigued," but remain in the "early stages of their offseason planning and evaluation." The whole thing is a bit out of left field, but Mehta is a reliable reporter. It seems highly unlikely to happen. The Jets are focused on retaining Ryan Fitzpatrick, who led Gang Green to within a whisker of the playoffs this season. Kap has a complicated contract, albeit one that makes it easy for the team to move on. If Kap were to be traded under his current deal, he comes with a $13.9 million 2016 price tag between salary and bonuses, and $15.8 million cap charge. If Kap were serious about getting moved, he'd almost certainly have to agree to a revised contract.

:rog:

Why would the Jets even be "intrigued". The guy is terrible and I don't think he can handle the New York media.

The Jets’ top receiver isn’t lobbying for that change in address. During an appearance on ESPN Wednesday, Brandon Marshall said that he thinks Kaepernick is good but that the team has its quarterback in Ryan Fitzpatrick.

“I don’t want Kaepernick,” Marshall said. “I think he’s good. My guy’s Fitz. It’s nothing against Kaepernick. … I have my quarterback, so I’m good.”

Mehta’s report was followed by one from Dom Cosentino of NJ.com that quoted “a person familiar with the situation” saying they had “no idea where [the idea Kaepernick wants to go to the Jets] came from” and that it wasn’t true. Whatever Kaepernick’s feelings, there’s a lot to play out before we’ll know what his deal will be in 2016.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/03/brandon-marshall-i-dont-want-colin-kaepernick-on-jets/