Vin

Seahawks @ Vikings

I appreciate the positive notes about my team, BJORN, but if you think that Seahawks team is great we didn't watch the same team.

I appreciate the positive notes about my team, BJORN, but if you think that Seahawks team is great we didn't watch the same team.

Dude the Seahawks rolled the Cardinals last week. Russel Wilson has been killing it. The weather and high level play of the Vikings defense made them look bad today.

Lol, Bware, this same Seahawks team beat us like 38-7 at TCF a few weeks ago. Seahawks have been great lately.

• Upvote 1

So Adrian Peterson can't catch, is awful at pass blocking, fumbles more often than every other top flight runningback and can't run out of the shotgun? Vikings should probably move on.

• Upvote 2

But he led the league in rushing !

Lol, Bware, this same Seahawks team beat us like 38-7 at TCF a few weeks ago. Seahawks have been great lately.

Get back to me when the Panthers chew them up and spit them out next week.

No doubt that Wilson and the Seattle passing game was off today and was vulnerable. To a degree we relied on the Vikings to beat themselves to survive, which surprised me, because I went in to this not really respecting the Vikings defense as much as they deserved. Kudos to the Vikings fanbase for keeping it together and classy after losing in a nightmare variety, i cannot fathom what it would feel like to lose that way.

Sometimes you just have to play good enough to put yourself in position to be extra fortunate. That's where having this defense to go with a Wilson-led offense comes in handy. You know with this roster, teams won't ever completely pull away from you in the 4th quarter and you'll always have that chance to get lucky just like the Steelers played it out yesterday, and also how the Patriots beat us last February. We were lucky, but we have also made ourselves good enough to even have the potential to get lucky like this. Scary game but we move on.

Never change

Adrian Peterson needs to get far, far away from Minnesota if they want to succeed. The Vikings offensive staff, just like usual... Is holding this team back as well. AP is a disgusting human being with the IQ of a puddle of piss. But he did lead the league in rushing, so I think there is still value there as far as a ROI for other teams. He's not a playoff guy, and coaches want him to carry the team -- and he isn't capable of that.

The gameplan going in was put Teddy Bridgewater in a box, don't let him make mistakes... and let AP run the team to victory. It didn't work out very well. What ended up happening was AP would run on 1st and 2nd down, gain 4 yards and force Teddy to make plays on 3rd & 6. If the goal was to take the pressure off of TB the Vikings sure had a funny way of doing it. They were much better off when they ended up throwing on early downs to open up the run game on 2nd and 3rd down.

They moved the ball down the field when Teddy was throwing and connecting on passes -- especially late.

The Vikings draft should be focused almost completely on offense. Draft another WR to compliment Diggs because Charles Johnson disappeared and Mike Wallace is fucking trash. Draft a back who is used to carrying the load but will be used as a compliment to the other guys there. Draft some damn offensive lineman to block.... SOMEBODY. And next year you go into the season unleashing Bridgewater. He doesn't need to be babied anymore. He is going to be what he is going to be at this point. It's time to find out who that is.

They are good, mostly young, team who is at a crossroads, IMO. They need to reevaluate their offensive system, game planning, philosophy, and a lot of the players they are pushing out there every Sunday. It's almost going to be a mini-rebuild so to speak.

This shouldn't be "APs Team" anymore. Whether he is there next year or not, it's time for a new era in Vikings offensive football.

The way the Bengals and Steelers game ended. And this?? I hope this isn't the trend for the playoffs and Super Bowl.. We would have a lucky Super Bowl Winner

You're always gonna need some luck getting to a SB let alone winning it.

and-thats-a-fact-o.gif

Welp. We're fucked now.

Adrian Peterson needs to get far, far away from Minnesota if they want to succeed. The Vikings offensive staff, just like usual... Is holding this team back as well. AP is a disgusting human being with the IQ of a puddle of piss. But he did lead the league in rushing, so I think there is still value there as far as a ROI for other teams. He's not a playoff guy, and coaches want him to carry the team -- and he isn't capable of that.

The gameplan going in was put Teddy Bridgewater in a box, don't let him make mistakes... and let AP run the team to victory. It didn't work out very well. What ended up happening was AP would run on 1st and 2nd down, gain 4 yards and force Teddy to make plays on 3rd & 6. If the goal was to take the pressure off of TB the Vikings sure had a funny way of doing it. They were much better off when they ended up throwing on early downs to open up the run game on 2nd and 3rd down.

They moved the ball down the field when Teddy was throwing and connecting on passes -- especially late.

The Vikings draft should be focused almost completely on offense. Draft another WR to compliment Diggs because Charles Johnson disappeared and Mike Wallace is fucking trash. Draft a back who is used to carrying the load but will be used as a compliment to the other guys there. Draft some damn offensive lineman to block.... SOMEBODY. And next year you go into the season unleashing Bridgewater. He doesn't need to be babied anymore. He is going to be what he is going to be at this point. It's time to find out who that is.

They are good, mostly young, team who is at a crossroads, IMO. They need to reevaluate their offensive system, game planning, philosophy, and a lot of the players they are pushing out there every Sunday. It's almost going to be a mini-rebuild so to speak.

This shouldn't be "APs Team" anymore. Whether he is there next year or not, it's time for a new era in Vikings offensive football.

What I don't understand is after that gameplan clearly wasn't working, why not swap it up?

Zimmer at halftime told one of the reporters, "Yeah AP hasn't done much, but he will break one eventually." (paraphrasing here).

It's like Zimmer couldn't even fathom the idea that AP was just going to get stonewalled all game long.

Zimmer at halftime told one of the reporters, "Yeah AP hasn't done much, but he will break one eventually." (paraphrasing here).

the commentators were saying the same thing, which of course should instantly tell you it's wrong

Welp. We're fucked now.

What I don't understand is after that gameplan clearly wasn't working, why not swap it up?

It's like Zimmer couldn't even fathom the idea that AP was just going to get stonewalled all game long.

Historically, he doesn't get stonewalled all game.

They moved the ball pretty easily once Teddy had the license to go for it though.