Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Let's Discuss this Ridiculous Public Restroom Issue

Why as a transgender person would you want to use the restroom that fits your genitals rather than your gender? Am I missing something?

Because I don't want to break your law.

Pretty sure I said it shouldn't be based on genitals cause you can't enforce it properly. Should be up to transgender people to use the restroom that they best fit in. If you look like a man, use the men's restroom. If you look like a women use the women's restroom. If you're uncomfortable with that just use a neutral one. I said that yes?

That's not what the law is proposing though?

• Upvote 1

That's not what the law is proposing though?

Then I don't support that particular law. :nope:

And to be completely honest I don't know if I would support any law. I think we should encourage transgenders to do what they think is the best and safest option for them, while at the same time encouraging them to consider the views and comfort of others. If they look like a man use the men's restroom. If they look like a woman use the woman's restroom. I think we just have to make sure that we don't normalize allowing people in whatever bathroom regardless of appearance. I, as a fat bearded guy, should not enter the women's restroom. Now let's say I'm MTF and shave and wear a dress and try to actively make myself be perceived as a woman, then sure. But there has to be some cutoff. That's up to trans people to decide for themselves what the cutoff is, but I think we should push for better awareness and understanding on both sides. That is what will end up protecting the most people from dangerous and harmful situations when they're just trying to take a piss.

Edited by Chernobyl426

The concern is not trans people abusing the restroom. The concern is other people taking advantage of the law and gender identification for inappropriate purposes. Anyone who thinks a legitimate trans person is going into the bathroom to rape someone or watch little kids is a misguided and uneducated, to be blunt, dipshit.

If you believe that's what the lawmakers intended, you are naive.

If you believe that's what the lawmakers intended, you are naive.

I'm not defending the law or the lawmakers. I'm defending the average person who feels uncomfortable with someone who clearly doesn't belong in the bathroom with them. Making you use the bathroom based on the genitals you were born with is fucking stupid. It's old people thumping their Bible and sitting in denial.

FTR: the law requires everyone using public bathrooms to choose a bathroom according to their gender at birth, how in the hell would you enforce that? I have no idea, I for one don't carry my birth certificate around with me, but that's what the law says

Guest Phailadelphia

Normalizes potentially suspicious people going into the bathroom of their choice.

I haven't read through this entire thread so forgive me if this has already been covered, but transgender people using the bathroom of the gender with which they identify has been happening legally for decades. The GOP is trying to ban that privilege to stir up more white Christian persecution controversy for votes, and they're trying to make you believe they're making some heroic effort to protect your children. That's 100% nonsense.

This is the GOP implementing a "solution" to a problem that doesn't exist and never has.

And for the record, there are many states and municipalities who have passed explicit pro-transgender "bathroom bills." Do you know how many cases of sexual assaults, molestations, etc. have been reported following the passage of those bills? Zero.

Here's my idea of a new law: make it a felony for people to not clean up after themselves after using a public toilet. Wipe your hair, debris, and excrement off the fucking seat, asshole.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Here's my idea of a new law: make it a felony for people to not clean up after themselves after using a public toilet. Wipe your hair, debris, and excrement off the fucking seat, asshole.

Now this is something I can get behind.

If you look like a woman use the womans restroom, if you look like a man, use the mens restroom. If you identify as a poodle, go use a fucking tree. There is a 50ish father that identifies as a 6 year old girl. Unique people are going to keep popping up at what point do you stop creating new norms for them?

There is an odd thing going on in this generation that if you question something, you're phobic or if you don't agree with something or have concerns about something you're phobic. We need to try to understand what phobic really means.

If you're pro let them use whatever restroom they'd like, do you stop at locker rooms? If so, why?

Edited by NaTaS
  • Upvote 2

Pedos will get their fix with or without the law. Nothing will change that.

• Upvote 2

Don't understand the liberal argument of "Oh we can stop rapists from raping but those pesky pedos will do it anyways."

Ya, think about drug or gun laws. The first doesn't stop people from making, selling, or doing hard drugs. The latter doesn't stop criminals from getting or using weapons to commit crime.

Or if you'd like a more historical example, take a look at prohibition. Because that totally worked.

Ya, think about drug or gun laws. The first doesn't stop people from making, selling, or doing hard drugs. The latter doesn't stop criminals from getting or using weapons to commit crime.

Or if you'd like a more historical example, take a look at prohibition. Because that totally worked.

Other than the countries where they've actually done it. :smug:

Or the War on Drugs or the War on Terror. :D

The point was that a lot of people who argue pedos are gonna do it anyways often argue that we need to stop rapists even though they're gonna do it anyways. :yao:

Part of my argument for being against transgenders using whichever bathroom they choose is it normalizes people who don't seem to fit the bathroom they're in being in said bathroom, which could open up potential for harassment or sexual assault. But I'm not going to say that we should just stop all pedos because that obviously won't ever happen cause pedos gonna pedo. :p

Edited by Chernobyl426

tumblr_o6m5q2RaQW1ql10y6o4_1280.png

tumblr_o6m5q2RaQW1ql10y6o3_r1_1280.png

Good news everyone, people suck!

So I don't know about the Daily News, seems a tabloid site. There ARE going to be retards that look to take advantage of this opportunity either for fun or intentionally malicious.

Edited by NaTaS

I love that bigots always try and use children as the excuse for their bigotry. Ooooo think of the children.

Nobody is seriously worried about transgender people raping kids, they just hate people that are different than them and need reasons to justify their hatred and put other people down. If a disgusting pervert wants to go into bathrooms and rape kids, this law won't stop them. It will just make transgender people suffer, which is what all bigots really want anyways.

here's a really interesting interview with Stuart Adams, a Republican state Senator from Utah: How Utah's Compromise Could Serve As A Model For Other States : NPR

it's not that long and definitely worth the read, but here's what I think is the most interesting portion:

INSKEEP: Have your own personal views of this issue evolved through doing this work?

ADAMS: They have. I have deep-seated religious beliefs. And I was a very conservative legislator. My religious principles are not in any way, shape or form compromisable. But I actually believe I'm living my religion now as I look out and try to do good to those that maybe don't agree with me, those that may hate me or loving my neighbor or trying to be respectful of other people. I believe those are good, Christian religious principles that we ought to not just talk about, that we ought to actually live and act on. Before, I think I was a little bit selfish and wanted to make sure that the rights I had weren't extended to anyone else.
INSKEEP: You thought that you were following your religion less by being stricter in your interpretation of things?
ADAMS: Yeah. I mean, as I - if you're a true Christian, you surely want to take care and love your neighbor. And at some point in time - you know, at the very beginning is - my impression was that perhaps I needed to restrict the ability for anyone to exist that didn't agree with me. And that's not a great principle, is it?

I respect the hell out of that. I don't mind people holding different beliefs than me, but by no means should other people be forced to restrict their life choices to what is deemed acceptable by others.

SOMEBODY GETS IT! SOMEBODY FREAKING GETS IT!

I am stunned beyond words right now.

• Upvote 1