DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Playoff Thread

Would Russ and Durant be better off on different teams? :think:

Nah they came so close to beating one of the best teams ever in the playoffs. Unless they join some super-team, both of them being on OKC is each of theirs best shot.

Sign and trade to the Sixers for Okafor, our 2nd and 3rd firsts this year and our first next year. :yep:

Nah they came so close to beating one of the best teams ever in the playoffs. Unless they join some super-team, both of them being on OKC is each of theirs best shot.

They should have beat them, to be fair. You have to ask yourself if they can get over that hump. They have a great team, filled with talent... But, how do you "fix" being complete choke artists and not being able to finish? Surround yourself with different people. Pray the Warriors lose pieces?

Not saying he should or will leave, but... it is something to think about.

https://twitter.com/NBA_Skits/status/736773739879276544

Edited by Favre4Ever

I really don't think the Thunder choked all that badly. Thompson and Curry caught fire and made one after another of the most contested shots they've taken all year. The Thunder defended the shit out of Golden State. Klay and Steph just went bananas in second halves.

Any time you lead a series 3-1 and lose it's a choke. When you have your opponent with their back to the walls like that and can't finish them, that's on you. The Thunder shouldn't hang their heads though, they nearly pulled off a nice upset against a historically great team.

As for Durant leaving, I think he should (and will) look at all options, it's just hard to imagine anything materializing for him to leave Oklahoma City.

Durant played very well throughout the series and especially in Game 7. I don't pin games on single players...but I will say Russell Westbrook's turnovers and hero ball moments really fucked things up.

When the Thunder played as a team, they were much more efficient thatn Westbrook trying to do his own thing.

KD and Westbrook cannot co-exist and win a title.

When the game is on the line, I'm getting the ball to a shooter that can hit a shot or create his own anywhere on the floor without turning the ball over.

Durant played very well throughout the series and especially in Game 7. I don't pin games on single players...but I will say Russell Westbrook's turnovers and hero ball moments really fucked things up.

When the Thunder played as a team, they were much more efficient thatn Westbrook trying to do his own thing.

KD and Westbrook cannot co-exist and win a title.

When the game is on the line, I'm getting the ball to a shooter that can hit a shot or create his own anywhere on the floor without turning the ball over.

Not really fair. Durant shot like shit game 6 too.
  • Upvote 1

Yeah KD had some rough forced moments. Same with Russ. When you're that aggressive it's gonna happen. They have to learn to play a little slower if that makes sense, there's a tempo to everything in life that you have to find.

Edited by CampinWithBathtubRoadburn
  • Upvote 1

Saw this clip of first take where they were arguing if prime Kobe would have made the Cavs favorites in this finals. Screamin' A Smith said absolutely, but I'm like, does Phil Jackson come as part of the deal? lol

I'm not sure if prime Kobe is better than Curry at this point. I'm not sure replacing LeBron with a prime Kobe would make much of a difference in who would be favorites. It's easy to forget that Kobe played 2nd fiddle to the most dominant big man of our era for 3 of his titles. I'm not trying to discredit Kobe, but I don't get the point of trying to say the Cavs would be better off with him than LeBron. Especially when Curry could end up better than both when it's all said and done, but without a Nike marketing campaign behind him most people don't really think of that.

Man, I really like curry but you guys are seriously underrating prime kobe

• Upvote 1

I'd still take LeBron over both, but ya... what is the exact question here? prime Kobe and this year's LeBron against the Warriors? Gimme the Cavs in that case.

I'd still take LeBron over both, but ya... what is the exact question here? prime Kobe and this year's LeBron against the Warriors? Gimme the Cavs in that case.

No, replacing LeBron with a prime Kobe. As for blots, I think you might be underrating Kobe's team for his second waive of title runs. First off, as I mentioned before they had Phil Jackson, but secondly that team was fucking huge and pretty skilled too. I was always a big critic of Gasol while he was on that team because I hate the Lakers and Kobe, but him Bynum were a pretty awesome duo, plus they had Odom and Artest. I think Golden State would have a lot of problems guarding that team, same with the Cavs. Kobe and Artest would be a big problem for both those teams with their perimeter defense too.

Edited by seanbrock

I think I'm rooting for Cleveland. I wanna see that city win a title for once. Golden State was a nice story last year, but they got their trophy. Wouldn't be upset at all of GS wins though. Love Steph Curry and the way he plays.

holy crap, Iguodala covered LeBron for 22 plays and only let him put up two shots?

Andre Igudola if he keeps up his defensive effort...would only be the 6th player in NBA history to win the Finals MVP twice, IIRC.

Cavs should be deeply concerned...they let Shaun Livingston and the Warriors bench run amok on them. Klay and Curry only had 20 pts combined...that's just sad if you can't beat them then.

Warriors in 5.

• Upvote 2

Andre Igudola if he keeps up his defensive effort...would only be the 6th player in NBA history to win the Finals MVP twice, IIRC.

Cavs should be deeply concerned...they let Shaun Livingston and the Warriors bench run amok on them. Klay and Curry only had 20 pts combined...that's just sad if you can't beat them then.

Warriors in 5.

lets give Livingston some credit though. Dude was hitting shots against some good defense. He's a match up problem. Barbosa was doing the same man. They weren't just taking advantage of bad defense. They were playing like they were the stars.

I think it's sixth to win twice in a row: Bill Russell NBA Finals Most Valuable Player Award - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that lists 10 players who have won multiple times, but only five that have won back-to-back, still pretty select company

Edited by oochymp

lets give Livingston some credit though. Dude was hitting shots against some good defense. He's a match up problem. Barbosa was doing the same man. They weren't just taking advantage of bad defense. They were playing like they were the stars.

I think it's sixth to win twice in a row: Bill Russell NBA Finals Most Valuable Player Award - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that lists 10 players who have won multiple times, but only five that have won back-to-back, still pretty select company

Oh I'm not taking anything away from Livingston, I'm happy for the guy considering all the injuries he had. Warriors clearly have the better team top to bottom.

Yeahh..that's what it was, pretty impressive for a guy the 76ers didn't want anymore lul.

Yeahh..that's what it was, pretty impressive for a guy the 76ers didn't want anymore lul.

well, they dumped him when they started their long-term tanking process, sorry, "rebuild," so it's not actually that surprising

[quote name="CrimsonRaider" post="2590380" timestamp="1464971424"

Oh I'm not taking anything away from Livingston, I'm happy for the guy considering all the injuries he had. Warriors clearly have the better team top to bottom.

The 6ers were smart to trade him at the time and it allowed him to win. It was good for both parties. He was good enough to keep them struggling but not good enough to build around. As a role player on a great team is where he belongs.
  • Upvote 1