Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Sam Madford

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Eagles "have been informed" Sam Bradford wants to be traded and will no longer show up for the offseason program.

On Sunday night, it was reported Bradford doesn't want out of Philly after a report surfaced last week that the quarterback did indeed want a trade. Bradford wanting out makes far more sense, however, as he wants to go to a situation where he isn't locked into being one-and-done like he is with the Eagles. The Eagles want Bradford to be their starter for 2016 only while the No. 2 overall pick sits for a season. Bradford's situation will be one to monitor closely this week.

:notbad:

• Upvote 2

Carson Wentz sitting behind Chase Daniel is gonna be a fun one.

The Patriots suddenly need a QB now...

Where is he going to go where he will have a better opportunity as a long term starter?

Maybe the Browns, but there is no guarantee he beats RG3 in a battle of busts. The Broncos I could see, but it would be so damn odd for the Bradford/Sanchez duo to just migrate from Philadelphia to Denver. Plus I don't see the Broncos wanting to waste a talented defense on a Bradford/Sanchez battle anyways, they will be looking to upgrade.

He's better off staying put for the time being honestly.

I'd just want to be rid of the organization tbh. You get forcefully traded to Eagles. Start one year in the Chip koolaid offense. Philly cuts ties and you're left looking at the Eagles drafting a QB #2. Go to San Fran and hope they don't take Paxton or go to Denver as a potential starter.

Send him to :chip:

Edited by Chernobyl426

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5161/sam-bradford

Despite Sam Bradford's trade demand, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Eagles "have not budged" and still see Bradford as their Week 1 starter.

The Eagles gave Bradford an $11 million signing bonus in March, $5.5 million of which he's already deposited into his bank account. The Eagles see Bradford as their bridge starter in front of Carson Wentz. Were they to deal Bradford, Chase Daniel would become the favorite to start Week 1, but pressure to play Wentz would rise significantly. The Eagles figure to enter this week's draft planning to keep Bradford, but we suppose their mind could change in the unlikely event they're blown away with a trade offer.

this dude has (and has had despite not earning it) a great gig and is bitching :pls:

> Traded to Chip Kelly team

> Forced to run shit-tier college offense

> Chip gets fired

> Eagles sign you to a huge contract

> Eagles trade the house to move to #2

> You inevitably lose your job week 3 to Carson Wentz

> You ride the bench for years

Bradford wants to go start and win. Not sit on money piles.

If Bradford's agent doesn't want his client perceived as a stop-gap QB, why did he sign a stop-gap contract?

If there's a team out there willing to commit to Bradford long-term, where were they in free agency?

Bradford's best bet is probably to stay in Philly, but at this point he seems determined to create a situation that forces the Eagles to trade him. Personally, I'm fine with that. Get an extra mid-round pick from someone like Denver, let Wentz and Daniel compete this year.

• Upvote 1

Just as Milla pointed out, his best bet is staying in Philly for the time being. There is no team in the league who is going to pick you up to start more than a year at this point in time. The teams lining up to trade for you are less than they normally would be just because of how late in the off season it is.

The Eagles WANT you to play QB for them... that is way more commitment, even for a year, than any other team has showed you. Play out the year... Heck, you don't even know if Wentz is going to work out. If you are still mad next year, demand your trade early in the offseason and pray someone out there still wants you.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I think Shaun O'Hara said it best, and in the most savage fashion. "We knew he was physically fragile, now he's emotionally fragile too?" Eagles hold all the cards here, holding out only hurts Bradford, the Eagles could not give less of a shit about his insecurities.

• Upvote 2

To be fair, 2/36 with 22m guaranteed is still a pretty big fucking contract, even if it is a stop-gap contract. Bradford would have to become an MVP candidate to hold off Wentz in my opinion. The Eagles management will push for Wentz hard.

If Bradford's agent doesn't want his client perceived as a stop-gap QB, why did he sign a stop-gap contract?

If there's a team out there willing to commit to Bradford long-term, where were they in free agency?

Bradford's best bet is probably to stay in Philly, but at this point he seems determined to create a situation that forces the Eagles to trade him. Personally, I'm fine with that. Get an extra mid-round pick from someone like Denver, let Wentz and Daniel compete this year.

I think you underestimate the desperation of the Detroit Lions halfway through the season when Matt Stafford reverts to complete shit instead of partial shit with Megatron retiring..

Didn't Stafford have like 19 TD to 2 INTs last year under new OC?

6KloL8X.png

:wub:

Needs some flames in the background, maybe some explosions too.

• Upvote 2

To be fair, 2/36 with 22m guaranteed is still a pretty big fucking contract, even if it is a stop-gap contract. Bradford would have to become an MVP candidate to hold off Wentz in my opinion. The Eagles management will push for Wentz hard.

Yeah that's my point though, even though he only got a basically 1 year prove it/stop gap deal he STILL got 22 mil which makes no sense to anyone :lol: The guy is lucky as hell.

• Upvote 2

Sam Bradford sitting back waiting for the next sucker team to make him rich:

GIF-Amused-dis-gonna-be-good-knowing-pop

• Upvote 2

Per Rotoworld.com:

Eagles coach Doug Pederson says he's yet to have contact with Sam Bradford since the quarterbacks' trade request.
Pouting Sam remains inconsolable, even after the Broncos' selection of Payton Lynch took them off the board of potential suitors. The reality is, Bradford has nowhere to go, and will be in Philadelphia competing with Carson Wentz and Chase Daniel this season. The sooner he realizes that, the better. The Eagles could have handled the situation better, but Bradford is well compensated. This is life in the NFL for mediocre quarterbacks. Apr 30 - 8:19 PM

Coach Doug Pederson said Sam Bradford would be in danger of losing the starting job if he continues to stay away from the team into the summer.
Obviously. Bradford remains M.I.A. from the team since demanding a trade when it was revealed the Eagles would take a quarterback at No. 2 overall, and he's still not answering calls from Pederson as he continues to pout at home. "Anybody that’s not in any of the 32 offseason programs is losing valuable time at that club," Pederson said. "So anybody that’s not in the offseason program, yes, would lose the time." Bradford may end up costing himself the starting job and be stuck in Philly where he doesn't want to be. May 1 - 2:57 PM
Edited by BLUE

Bradford's on the only team willing to declare him the starter and he's in the process of fucking it up. :yao:

I know it would cost a shitton of dead cap and make the Eagles look a little dumb, but I hope we cut his ass before training camp. Let Daniel and Wentz split the reps.

I said this in the shoutbox, but he is already getting paid... So I hope he stays away from Eagles camp and just has to sit out the year while Daniel shines (or not, whatever). Such an egotistical little prick with a very large sense of self-worth.

I said this in the shoutbox, but he is already getting paid... So I hope he stays away from Eagles camp and just has to sit out the year while Daniel shines (or not, whatever). Such an egotistical little prick with a very large sense of self-worth.

and he's done nothing to show he deserves to start. He has to know that right?