BwareDWare94

Predict Your Team's First Quarter

:Vikings:

Week 1 @ Tennessee

This looks like a classic trap game for a Vikings team that, even without Teddy Bridgewater, should believe that they are a better all around team than Tennessee. If Minnesota can keep the running game in check, I expect Shaun Hill to do just enough to escape Nashville with a win. 20-13, Vikings (1-0)

Week 2 vs. Green Bay

The potential debut of Sam Bradford makes this game more interesting, but I just don't know if Minnesota can get enough out of its offense against Green Bay's defense to have a legitimate shot at winning this game. I'm expecting Green Bay to pull ahead by 10 in the middle of the third quarter and have Minnesota shave into that lead a bit when it's already too late. 23-16, Packers (1-1)

Week 3 @ Carolina

Yeah, I don't have a lot of confidence going into this matchup unless either Hill or Samford can expose Carolina's young corners while avoiding Kurt Coleman. Adrian Peterson will have a tough time getting going in this game so if Minnesota can't pass the ball, they'll get steamrolled. I think the defense holds their own for 3 quarters but Carolina blows it open in the fourth. 33-13, Panthers (1-2)

Week 4 vs. NYG

I don't believe in the Giants defense at all, and their patchwork offensive line is going to get annihilated by Griffin, Hunter, Robison, Joseph, Floyd, Barr, etc. Eli Manning has historically shit the bed against the Vikings, too. 30-16, Vikings (2-2)

@ Saints - W

Falcons - W

@ Titans - W

@ Ravens - L

vs Bucs - W, 24-0

@ Raiders - W, 27-0

@ Saints - W, 30-0

vs Panthers - W, 50-0

Ftfy, bro.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Let's see here...

:Chargers:

Week 1 @ Chiefs - L

Week 2 vs BIG BOY BORTLES - L

Week 3 @ Colts - L

Week 4 vs Saints - L

:Eagles:

vs Browns. WIN. Two of the league's shittiest teams battle, and suddenly there's hope that the Eagles' rebuilding season will exceed expectations.

@ Bears. LOSS. Reality sets in. Eagles suck.

vs Steelers. LOSS. Reality sets in. Eagles suck.

@ Lions. LOSS. Reality sets in. Eagles suck.

1-3

Week 1 vs. :panthers:

This'll be tough as the Panthers are going to be livid coming into this game, and certainly don't want to get embarrassed by us two games in a row. We're going to be missing a few key starters, and I don't imagine Harambe's very first game going well against that stellar Panthers defense. I'll chalk this one up as a defensive loss.

17-13 Panthers

Week 2 vs. :Colts:

We're a better team than the Colts, but they always seem to have our number so I wouldn't be 100% sure in our victory, even if they're a tire fire right now. Despite that, this is a game we should win by most measures, so I'll write it up as one.

22-16 Broncos

Week 3 @ :Bengals:

First road game, and it's against one of the most talented teams in the league. A lot of this depends on if Andy Dalton is still the same guy he was last year, and if he is he's gonna do a fairly good job against us. This one is an L.

28-20 Bengals

Week 4 @ :Bucs:

We should be able to beat the Bucs. It's gonna be a game with a lot of defensive stops and sacks, but we should be able to muscle our way through with bigger plays than them.

19-7 Broncos

Predicted Record 2-2

Let's see here...

:Chargers:

Week 1 @ Chiefs - L

Week 2 vs BIG BOY BORTLES - L

Week 3 @ Colts - L

Week 4 vs Saints - L

Jags don't do well on the west coast. Granted you're the Chargers, we'll still find a way to lose 50-7. :(

I have more confidence in my eagles now sammy is gone..

Week 1 vs Cle W

Week 2 @ Chi W

Week 3 vs Pit L

Bye

:Texans:

W1: vs. :Bears: W

W2: vs. :Chiefs: L

W3: @ :Pats: L

W4: vs. :Titans: W

Edited by FartWaffles

:49ers:

:Rams:

:panthers:

:Seahawks:

:Cowboys:

1-3 like last season to start. SF gets a win against LA Lambs or Dallas.

@ Arizona - L

vs. Miami - W

vs. Houston - W

vs. Buffalo - W

Brady gets an extended vacation during the Pats' easiest stretch of the season... couldn't work out any better. :fgm::megusta:

Week 1 @ Broncos

Carolina is going to be pissed as hell, but this is at Mile High, and I don't really see anything different in the offensive tackles vs Von Miller... but Kelvin is back, which will help immensely at WR. It will be interesting to see if Funchess has truly progressed or if that is an offseason smokescreen.

I'll go with Razor's prediction, 17-13 Carolina, (1-0).

Week 2 vs 49ers

Blaine Gabbert is simply not a good enough QB to overcome the shortcomings on his team. This one shouldn't be close. 31-10 Carolina, (2-0).

Week 3 vs Vikings

Prior to Teddy Bridgewater going down, I had this chalked down as a tossup. With him out of the picture and Sam Bradford at the helm, I expect the Vikings D to put up a tough fight, but barring another pair of blocked punt touchdowns like last time, I think the Panthers pull away in the end. 24-17 Carolina, (3-0).

Week 4 @ Falcons

Atlanta has split with us the last three years, even though they are an inferior team in terms of overall talent. I don't see that changing, and I think its got more of a chance to happen at the Georgia Dome. It will be interesting to see if Vic Beasley causes Carolina trouble ala Von Miller, he did very well last year and was a big reason for the Falcons victory in week 16. I also think this is the first matchup where the loss of Josh Norman is actually felt. Julio vs our secondary is a major mismatch, and if the Falcons can keep Ryan on his feet for longer than a couple seconds, we'd be hard pressed to cover him. Falcons 27-24. (3-1)

Overall: 3-1

Edited by Thanatos

I really just wanna start 0-8 and see Fisher axed. :mjtears:

:Broncos:

vs. :panthers:

I think the pass-rush is going to be even better than last year. Shane Ray and Shaq Barrett another year under their belts, Dekota Watson coming out of nowhere, and Derek Wolfe has been a man possessed in camp. I have some genuine concerns about the offensive line. There is potential but a lot of new faces in new places so I'm not sure if there's been enough time to gel. Okung is a definite plus. The offense gets better just getting Peyton Manning off the field, so as long as Harambe takes care of the football I can definitely see us pulling out this opener at home.

vs. :Colts:

Colts are a hot mess. I think we sacked Luck 7 times last year, he's gonna get punished.

@ :Bengals:

I think the Bengals will be a better team than they were last year, but later in the year. After two games the defense should be in full swing, and the Bengals don't have enough weapons. Likely another low scoring game, but winnable.

@ :Bucs:

I think of all the games in the first quarter of the year, this one for some reason gives me the most pause. Early October at sea-level in south flawda. Bucs get hot at weird times. Will definitely have a better barometer on this game after seeing how the young Bucs team starts the season. On paper though, I have to say it's another win.

All in all I can see 4-0, but I definitely don't think 3-1 is out of the question dropping either the Panthers or the Bengals game. If we get killed in the Panthers game I wouldn't be shocked if we went 2-2.

the Colts were injured last year. The Line has changed.

The New poster boy of the league is not losing to a guy named Siemian.

Idk if you've been watching the news, but the Colts are injured THIS year. It's gonna be a bloodbath.

vs Vikings - Loss

@ Lions - Loss

vs Raiders - Loss

@ Texans - Loss

Because fuck optimism.

• Upvote 2

vs Vikings - Loss

@ Lions - Loss

vs Raiders - Loss

@ Texans - Loss

Because fuck optimism.

You are constructed exactly like the SF team that annihilated Minnesota in week 1 last year, except your QB and RBs are significantly better.

vs Vikings - Win

@ Lions - Win

vs Raiders - Win

@ Texans - Win

Because fuck you Air, I'm gonna be optimistic :p

seriously, I think we lose to Houston, I'd call Oakland a toss up slightly weighted toward the L, and Minnesota and Detroit toss ups slightly weighted toward the W, so I'm gonna guess we'll be 1-3 or 2-2 four games in

To Mularkey's credit, the offense is everything he promised it would be if pre-season is to be believed.

But until he proves it in multiple regular season games(beating Minnesota would just be whatever, we've won 3 straight week 1 games and it's done jack shit for us), not going to believe this team can be anymore than the 2 to 4 win-level team they've been the past couple years.

@ :Redskins: - W

vs. :Bengals: - W

@ :Eagles: - W

vs. :Chiefs: - L

I think they could go 4-0 or 2-2, Tomlin teams love to play down to the competition and the O loves to under-perform/get Ben hurt against the Chiefs.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

VS :dolphins: Seattle isn't going to drop their home opener to the Dolphins. Tannehill & Company are probably good enough to keep it competitive and prevent a blowout, though I see Seattle pulling away with the lead later on. :Seahawks:W

@ :Rams: Seattle on the road against the Rams is always a low scoring defensive crap-shoot. Throw in the fact that this is the home opener for the rams in a new stadium AND a new city and you know they'll be doing all they can to get that first win for their new LA fans. I'm giving this one to the Rams in a low scoring defensive slug-fest. :Seahawks:L

VS :49ers: The Niners are crippled. They're rebuilding. They have a QB controversy. On top of it all they're playing in Seattle. Noermally I'd say anything can happen in a divisional game, but I just don't see the Niners having recovered enough from their post-harbaugh collapse to challege the Seahawks in Seattle just yet. In Sf would be another story. :Seahawks:W

@ :Jets: This is a rough one. Fitzpatrick played well last year. The Jets have a strong defense. Matt Forte is a solid running back ditto Brandon Marshall at WR. Then I remembered that most of their wins last year came against terrible teams. Strong teams with quality defenses shut them down. Therefore I think this will end up being a close victory thanks to the Seahawks defense. :Seahawks:W

All in all, I'll predict the Seahawks go 3-1 to start, though I won't be too surprised if they drop the Jets game and go 2-2. Seattle is known for shitting the bed on the road after all.