Bay

Who will be the first coach to be canned?

There's a bunch of head coaches on the hot seat. Whose ass is burning the most?

The Gus Bus has to go. The only reason he might not be first is because Shad Khan has more patience than a saint.

:chip:

At this point it's hard to imagine anyone getting fired midseason.

Should be gone already: Gus Bus, Jeff Fisher

Could be gone in the offseason: Marvin Lewis, Mike McCarthy

• Upvote 1

Mike McCarthy is gone imo. I think John Harbaugh could be too

Reports say that Mike McCarthy is very safe, at least for another year.

Ted Thompson, on the other hand, may be a victim so that the Packers can usher in the Eliot Wolf regime. Anyone need a GM? Ted may be looking.

Yea, I don't think Mike McCarthy is going to be on his way out any time soon unless if the Packers fail incedibly the rest of the season.

The soonest a coach with get canned imo is when the season is over.

Gus Bradley is obvious, many people picked the Jaguars as a sleeper team on the rise with a lot of talent but instead they are 2-8, 2nd worst team in the AFC behind the Browns who are looking more and more likely to join the Lions in 0-16 infamy. Most franchises probably would've fired him a week ago. Khan is probably just going to let him finish the already lost season and fire him the day after Week 17.

Marvin Lewis just has to go already, he's been there so long with nothing to show for and the Bengals are just straight up ass this year. Not even going to get his annual first round playoff exit. I think Chip Kelly is also probably gone regardless of if the 49ers fire him or not. I could see John Fox going too, I feel like the Bears' terrible season isn't all on him but that's a team that just needs to start over from scratch across the board.

How about Chuck Pagano? It looks like he's saving his job now, but if they melt down in December, would anybody be surprised to see Jim Irsay do an about-face on last offseason and clean house?

Regarding Marvin Lewis, I think the recent injuries to A.J. Green and Gio Bernard might make management deem this a lost season and give him one more year.

Gus Bradley is gone. Mike McCarthy will stay. John Fox and Chip Kelly are 50/50 to go, methinks.

Schefter reported weeks ago that the Jags might look at Tom Coughlin. You know what that means, Super Bowl. :smug:

kill me now

Edited by Sparty

Feffrey!

Rotoworld's savagery has been on full display with every Fisher-related blurb this season, but they really saved their finest work for Fisher's darkest hour...

In a cruel, ironic twist for the NFL's pre-eminent loser, the firing comes three days before he was set to pass Dan Reeves for the most coaching losses in league history. Fisher is so inept he can't even claim the record that's been his destiny for over a decade. The firing is perhaps the most justified of the modern era. Fisher has had five years to turn around a laughingstock franchise, but instead made it an even bigger joke. Fisher's team had truly made zero progress on his first year in 2012. A wanton waster of draft picks and capital, Fisher is clueless on Sundays, fundamentally misunderstanding offense and overseeing a cavalcade of idiotic penalties. Fisher doesn't make adjustments, aside from usually dialing up more personal fouls in the second half. Try as he may, he never came close to "cleaning up" his chronic, myriad, inexcusable mistakes. No coach, in any sport anywhere in the world, makes more excuses. Fisher has almost certainly coached his final NFL game.

• Upvote 1