Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

That tales from crypt motherfucker Sessions can go fuck off.

The Republicans have made themselves the party of anti-net neutrality and anti-weed. I wonder if they're try to ruin their chances of winning an election for the next 25 years because those two stances are WILDLY unpopular and as the old people die off it'll only get worse.

Unfortunately a really horrible side effect of this is that the DNC doesn't have to be accountable for their pervasive corruption because the Republicans are handing them the country on a silver platter. Lol what a fucking shit show.

• Upvote 1

^it's almost like Republicans are trying to re-lose their control. It's strange. Perhaps the state of the economy will prove sustainable and maybe more Americans will cast balanced or at least varied ballets

We really need rank choice voting so we actually have a real fucking choice.

You guys see all this hype about Oprah running for President? Joy Anne Reid thinks The Rock should be her VP. Idiocracy is becoming truer and truer every day. Does anyone even know ANY of their political stances? wtf? lol

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1

Can you imagine if we elected Oprah? It'd be a financial disaster.

I don't think anyone has any idea what it would be like and that's the scary part. What qualifies her to be President?

To be fair, everyone correctly wondered the same thing about Trump.

So yea, that ended up a bad idea. Oprah pls. Stick to... whatever it is that you do.

• Upvote 1

Oprah vs. Trump in 2020, Oprah vs. Mark Cuban in 2024.

Like Sean said, we're living in Idiocracy.

Mike Judge the GAWD.

Oprah's entire speech the other night at the golden globes sounded like a campaign stop... lol. Not saying the content was bad, but it literally sounded like I was at some political rally. ha.

Probably the surest bet to get a neo-liberal in office or at least a puppet for the powers that be. Worst part is she's kind of above criticism in the minds of many. Oprah could be fucking dangerous. Seriously dangerous.

I would probably vomit if Oprah won the nomination, but if she throws her hat in I cant much imagine her losing.

Random tidbits :

- Bannon is out at Breitbart

- Seems like Trump is endorsing a path to citizenship

Yeah she would have full support of the DNC and we know how dirty they play. At this point in time they'd make Karl Rove blush. To top it all off she's a black woman who is virtually universally loved. She would carry the women's vote like Hill-Dawg could only dream of. She also doesn't have the dirty laundry that Trump or most other politicians have. The Presidency is hers for the taking and I think a woman of her ambition is definitely more interested in the Oval Office than she's letting on. If she's smart she'll wait a year or more before jumping in. That way there is no time to scrutinize her policy stances. She'll have no issue raising money and honestly, against Trump she wouldn't need to out fundraise him to beat him.

Edited by seanbrock

Yeah, Hillary had the entire party's backing (the ones with power, not referring to voters). And we obviously saw the lengths at which they went to load the dice and ensure they got the result they wanted. If Oprah jumps in, she'd get that plus some. It'd probably be one of the most unstoppable forces in politics we've seen in our lifetimes.

And who knows, maybe she has some dirty laundry that we just aren't aware of yet? Probably nothing dirty enough to lose her an election -- as you hit on.. She'd carry pretty much every demographic overwhelmingly.

We have a lot of time before we get there though, so I am going to try and be reasonable.

• Upvote 1

I think Oprah would get fucked up in an election personally depending on who runs. If Mark CUban ran :troll: she loses in a landslide. If Paul Ryan runs, its a wrap.

I have to admit though identity politics is getting so god damn old. All these people saying we need another black president, or a woman president to break the glass ceiling, or a gay president. Im all like sweet mary mother of fuck, can we ask for a GOOD president. Jesus. This country and its politics is so god damn abhorrent.

• Upvote 1

The Presidency is hers for the taking and I think a woman of her ambition is definitely more interested in the Oval Office than she's letting on.

This would be a real shame if this is what became of politics... just political ambitions for celebrities and whatnot. The Presidency can be a personal goal, but describing it as an ambition for someone who's very powerful just sounds sketchy imo. Makes it seem like it's just that - a goal - and not a huge responsibility. If Democrats went from criticizing Trump for being a reality TV star, and then voted for Oprah, it would be incredibly hypocritical.

• Upvote 1

South Korea’s president said Wednesday that President Trump “deserves big credit” for renewed talks between South and North Korea, and that Mr. Trump has offered to negotiate personally with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

“It could be a resulting work of the U.S.-led sanctions and pressure,” President Moon Jae-in told reporters. “I think President Trump deserves big credit for bringing about the inter-Korean talks.”

Washington Post

Ok, time for something different. Something we haven't talked about enough, IMO.

Is it time for the U.S. to lift the sanctions on NK? Would it end most of it not all of this tension? Why? Why not?

I think Oprah would get fucked up in an election personally depending on who runs. If Mark CUban ran :troll: she loses in a landslide. If Paul Ryan runs, its a wrap.

I have to admit though identity politics is getting so god damn old. All these people saying we need another black president, or a woman president to break the glass ceiling, or a gay president. Im all like sweet mary mother of fuck, can we ask for a GOOD president. Jesus. This country and its politics is so god damn abhorrent.

Itll be Trump who's running though bro. GOP isn't going to have someone else run.

Paul Ryan would not have a chance in hell against Oprah lol. He's ran for the nomination before and has not even sniffed it. Now this dude is coming out against Net Neutrality? What planet are you living on bro? @Omerta.

Mark Cuban would be more interesting but he's anti net neutrality too. I'm telling you, that will be an election deciding issue for the next few years and if you're not on the right side, you're going to be starting a career as a lobbyist as you get voted out of office or lose to whoever you're against.

Paul Ryan would not have a chance in hell against Oprah lol. He's ran for the nomination before and has not even sniffed it. Now this dude is coming out against Net Neutrality? What planet are you living on bro? @Omerta.

Mark Cuban would be more interesting but he's anti net neutrality too. I'm telling you, that will be an election deciding issue for the next few years and if you're not on the right side, you're going to be starting a career as a lobbyist as you get voted out of office or lose to whoever you're against.

If Donald Trump won, you don't think Paul Ryan has a chance you lost your mind. He's already started to backtrack on some of his more hard-line policies and taking a more Centrist approach to everything, so that tells me he's either trying to make a political movie really is changing his mind either way for a rabid fan base and, I think that very well could be all he needs. And then when you talk about net neutrality will be a big issue, but everybody has seen that since we've been repealed net neutrality nothing's really happened. Not saying it's right but as of right now it's been a whole bunch of gas for nothing. Then consider the liberal agenda who always has to have either the biggest victim, where the most marginalize minority, and see what happened to Hilary. It was supposed to be a huge selling point that was going to move black people, and women to vote in record numbers. Neither one really showed up at the polls. At least not enough to make a difference.

• Downvote 1

Nothing has happened yet because NN's repeal has yet to be officially put in the books. They have to put it in the Federal Register before we can attempt to repeal it and before it can be utilized by the internet companies.

Oprah is a ton more popular than Hillary. Paul Ryan would not stand a chance in hell. The man is unlikable as fuck. It's astonishing how condescending he is.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

Wasn't Paul Ryan LESS popular than Ted Cruz in the primaries? Didn't him and Romney get their asses handed to them in 2012? I mean, I get that you're saying he's changing some of his dumber stances but that doesn't mean they're not going to hammer him on all this shit.

For sure, I think he's going to have a lot of tough questions to answer if he does run. And for the record, I don't like him either, the dude is a Weasley little snake bastard. So it's not like I'm saying any of this because I wish him to run. Honestly out of all the options that are being discussed in this thread at the moment between him, Oprah, Mark Cuban, The Rock, and Mickey Mouse, I'll take Mickey Mouse.

That said, the stupidity of trump has really lended itself well to the theory that Paul Ryan is a uniting force who's willing to cross party lines to get things done. Now whether or not this is true, as you relevant, that's what's being reported in the media at the moment. So when you consider why Donald Trump got elected it's because the media machine was paying him so much attention, and all he was doing was constantly bashing Hillary. It truly was an Oliver Stone kind of election process. So when I think about Paul Ryan and all the stances that he used to hard-line, that he's now backed off on and started to become a little softer on some of these things, it really doesn't seem like a stretch of the imagination for me to think that he could get the Republican fanbase riled up to the point where they turn out in droves. Especially after the embarrassment that is Donald Trump. Even Republicans are starting to bail on his retard schtick.