GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Love when it hits The Village. Shit was sad :lol:

----

This is why Mad Max was so good. No CG here. (I know it had a ton of CG in it, but they had this awesome thing and decided to blow it up for real)

http://gfycat.com/SorePertinentJaguarundi

I need more of the animal voices to be sure (other than just Kaa). Visually though, looks great. I'll definitely see it regardless.

Starting to get hype about a lot of movies coming out. Going to be seeing Black Mass, The Martian, Steve Jobs, Spectre, and The Force Awakens (at midnight). I also might see Sicario too, it looks real intense.

Why would you see The Force Awakens at midnight when theaters nowadays have a 7 PM showing the day before release? (At least, that's what my nearest theater does.)

Edited by Spartan Havoc

Enjoyed the 1991 film.

Black Mass.

The best gangster movie since The Departed. I want to go a step further and call it the best "crime" move since The Departed, but The Town is up there as well. So yeah, go see it. Not a bad acting performance all around, and Johnny Depp is absolutely phenomenal. Right up there with his best work. Could be his best performance ever.

Mild spoiler:

If you haven't seen the teaser trailer, which is essentially just a dinner scene, don't! It's the best part of the movie, and I wish they hadn't built an entire trailer around it.

Edited by SteVo

I saw Black Mass on Saturday night, as well. It was decent, not close to being great. Maybe my expectations were too high, though. Johnny Depp was fucking outstanding, though. His role lived up to the hype. The movie overall just didn't impress me that much, though.

Scorch Trials.

More action than the first one but the narrative struggled a lot more. Better acting overall too so I think I liked this one better... I think? Giancarlo Esposito is such a badass. I wish he could be more prominent in films.

Black Mass

Agree with Phil. Johnny Depp was amazing, as was most of the cast. But I didn't leave super impressed or anything. I enjoyed movies like American Gangster and Public Enemies (Johnny Depp, woot). I really hate Jesse Plemons and John Edgerton though...

Straight Outta Compton - 10/10 - Can't really say enough about it. Had me smiling from the start. Definitely the best movie of 2015, and as far as bio-pics go, gtfo. Ice Cube's son is fuckin incredible man. He's gonna be massive if he keeps this up. I think people who aren't even interested in this genre of music will still like this one quite a bit. There's a good bit of history omitted or circumvented but it rings true for the most part. Lots of stuff I didn't know about either. Yins should def go see it or something.

They definitely left this out of the movie:

Front.jpg

Dre :yao:

There was a little bit of tackiness with some of the scenes (actually just one, the way Dre was portrayed) but, yea I loved it when I saw it. Even cried a thug tear when they showed what happened when they went to the greatest city in America. That's Detroit for you F4E haters.

Anyway, the boo thing made watch the first two movies of the Divergent trilogy, and it's pretty much a hot mess. I think I'm gonna stick to watching super hero movies... Smh.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Whitey: United States Vs. James J. Bulger

Now THAT is a documentary. It's crazy the way you can feel about certain people or events or organizations after something like this. Watching the documentary, I came away hating the government more than Bulger himself. Obviously he was a bad guy who did a lot of bad things... But he was enabled by the government and none of those people other than John Connolly paid the price. John Morris, who didn't have a HUGE role in Black Mass actually did a lot... And he got out without serving jail time for giving up Connolly, who is now serving 40 years in prison for a murder he probably didn't commit.

And the other guys in the gang? Kevin Weeks got a year in prison per murder. John Mortorano got 12 years for 20 murders. Flemmi did get life in prison, but only because he was the last guy to come forward, lol.

And oh man.. they talk to the prosecutors in the case and those guys are dick bags, if I have ever seen them. Every time they put them on camera, especially Brian Kelly... I wanted to throw up in my mouth. They talk about doing what was right and getting the bad guy... But at the same time they have to cover their own asses, issue deals to murderers they should never get, and cross examine innocent FBI agents who exposed the corruption many years prior like they are bad people because the DOJ wouldn't listen to the initial findings.

Ugh... So gross. So gross.

Why would you see The Force Awakens at midnight when theaters nowadays have a 7 PM showing the day before release? (At least, that's what my nearest theater does.)

49235395.jpg

Edited by blotsfan
  • Upvote 1

Cinderella: 7/10

Solid movie, but overall extremely overhyped. All the talk of the live-action Disney remakes launching because of the success of this movie, and while it did make money I just feel it was a solid B-movie and not the amazing re-imagining it was said to be. Some of the CGI was waaaaay to low end for Disney and while all the acting was solid I just never really felt like I cared about Cinderella as a character.

I'm really excited for this. They've got endless possibilities to explore in a sequel. (possibly prequel?) I found that whole "underground assassin" world very interesting.

I think a prequel would be far more interesting, a sequel would probably just feel too convoluted by the time they develop something to get him back out of retirement again, I'm not sure what could be bigger motivation than we saw in the first movie

Men In Black is bring rebooted as a new trilogy. :( Don't ruin it, pls.

• Upvote 1

Insidious, 8/10. Pretty good horror movie, nothing incredible but I enjoyed it. :yep: