GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

The Big Short: 8/10

A subject that 90% of America couldn't understand...and trying to explain it in a movie....Adam McKay gets my upmost praise for being brave enough to tackle this subject. I believe for 80% of the movie he did a pretty good job of making it digestable for modern viewers. However, it really tailed off at the end and got pretty confusing.

At any rate, the actors were great...too much of an ensemble piece to say any one person should have got an Oscar.

Scary when you peel back the layers of American greed. Even scarier to realize no one got in trouble for this tragedy.

Allegient.

I feel kind of forced or trapped at this point.

Allegient.

I feel kind of forced or trapped at this point.

So you're the one.

Spotlight: 10/10

Some of the best pacing and story-telling I've seen this year. Mark Ruffalo put on a show.

See, I saw Spotlight recently, and I disagree...

I enjoyed it a lot. Definitely a good movie, and an extremely well acted one. But it left a lot to be desired. I was unsatisfied. I felt the film could have gone a lot further.

One glaring example is the screenplay, which I cannot believe won an Oscar. It's nothing but talking heads, scenes where characters sit in place and talk to each other. Yes, the dialogue is good (not great), but a screenwriting professor would call that script a disaster. I realize the format of an investigative thriller like this is hard to mess with, but at least All the President's Men and The Insider made things interesting.

Batman V. Superman: 9/10

I had really low expectations going in, so I was blown away to say the least.

My only complaint with the film:

How did Lex Luthor so easily find out that Bruce Wayne is Batman? They never even really explain it.

Finally watched Hateful 8

I love all of Tarantino's movies and this was no exception, but it's not my favorite. If I was asked what his worst film was, It'd take me a long time to answer.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/30/kevin-hart-bryan-cranston-intouchables-remake

Bryan Cranston and Kevin Hart may soon be remaking one of the biggest French box office hits of all time.

EW has confirmed that Cranston and Hart are in talks to star in the upcoming remake of the 2011 French hit The Intouchables. The Weinstein Company, which distributed the original, is moving forward with its remake of Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano’s comedy drama, with My Week with Marilyn director Simon Curtis in talks to direct. Paul Feig penned the script.

The original Intouchables debuted to rave reviews and made more than $426 million worldwide, telling the story of the unlikely friendship between a wealthy quadriplegic (Francois Cluzet) and his caregiver (Omar Sy). Shortly after The Intouchables’ release, the Weinstein Co. secured remake rights, and at one point, Colin Firth and Chris Tucker were reportedly circling the lead roles.

Cranston recently scored his first Academy Award nomination for playing the blacklisted screenwriter Dalton Trumbo in Trumbo, and he’ll soon appear as President Lyndon B. Johnson in HBO’s upcoming movie All the Way. Kevin Hart will next star opposite Dwayne Johnson in the spy comedy Central Intelligence.

Deadline first reported Cranston and Hart’s involvement.

Will watch for Cranston.

Mockingjay Part II: 6/10

Almost every aspect of that movie was predictable.

Oculus. Seriously such a fucked movie. I was terrified the entire time and there were practically no jump scares. It just gets so fucked up. I'm currently locked in my room with the lights on...

10/10

I drove over an hour to get to a theater that was playing Meet The Blacks... Yes, really. And in not so shocking news, Meet The blacks is HORRIBLE.

Jungle Book: 10/10

A nearly flawless movie.

Saw that over the weekend, thought it was excellent as well. The only thing I would say about it negatively is that some of the voices just didn't work for me. Ha. Still amazing though. :yep: I actually can't totally believe that this was a Jon Favreau project. lol

There are parts I didn't like about Jungle Book, but they are very small nitpicks. I didn't think going in ScarJo was right for Kaa. Movie didn't change my opinion much, but I will say for the part Kaa played in the story I see why they thought she was the best fit. I would have went with Cate Blanchett personally.

I wasn't a big fan of Walken's King Louie . Kind of like you, I see what they were going for... but I feel t could have been better. Small nitpicks tho, definitely.

Looks awesome. Why did it take Denzel so long to become a cowboy?

The Revenant: 9/10

God is a squirrel.

Intense movie, but a beautiful movie at the same time. Some absolutely amazing shots. Can see why Inarritu won best director.

I thought the performances by the rest of the cast were good. Though I'm not sure I'd agree with Leo getting best actor. I think it's because I never bought in to Leo's character. Instead of seeing him as Hugh Glass, all I kept seeing was Leo, and Leo would never do any of this. Maybe it's because I didn't see it in theaters so I didn't get the full-on sensory overload/immersion that comes with it, but for whatever reason I didn't get sucked in. Bought in to everyone else, just not Leo.

It does suffer from Gravity-itis, with the main character bouncing from catastrophe to catastrophe just to emphasize struggle. . I get that it's a revenge story, and these types of movies never have easy paths for the protagonist, but it does pretty much turn into Hugh Glass and a Series of Unfortunate Events. I didn't really care for the ending either, but I'm not sure exactly what I wanted out of it, so that may be an unnecessary critique.

All in all, good movie. Would watch again.

• Upvote 1

The Jungle Book, I'm giving it either a 7.5 or 8 out of 10. Looked beautiful, great voice acting and the plot was interesting. Pretty good movie, Disney is on a roll these days.

It Follows. One of the best horror movies I've ever seen, highly recommend it.

• Upvote 1