Sarge

The good news thread

So, as we all know, there is never a shortage of bad news in the world and in our lives. That's why I wanted to make this thread. It can be anything from good stories in the news, or good things happen in our lives right now.

So how is this for clutch? The weekend before summer vacation starts (just now), I scored a massive Direct Order client at work. It's going to be worth at least $50 per week, but maybe as much as $70. I'm not 100% sure yet. But long story short, I just got a raise. :yay:

What good things are happening in the lives of TGP'ers?

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

I'm going to an OKC playoff game tomorrow and I graduate college in 2 weeks.

• Upvote 2

I'm going to an OKC playoff game tomorrow and I graduate college in 2 weeks.

Congrats Taylor on both of those things!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap::towel:

I found a restaurant that has food so good I left there feeling stoned. Seriously, the breakfast food is incredible.

• Upvote 1

4e5466b7dc69f1314154167_blog.jpg

My hell week is over.

• Upvote 1

I graduate high school in about a month, which is good news. I will miss my friends, but the way I see it, I can stay in touch with my close friends because of all of the technology these days. Then, I get to say goodbye to the cliquey and insecure people. Win-win.

• Upvote 1

I woke up this morning. :D

On a more serious note, my writing ability is making significant improvements through experimentation and widening of my reading horizons. My prose improves with every new draft. :)

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1

I had an awesome gig last night with my band..

• Upvote 1

I finish the 2nd year of university in 2 weeks and can start rebuilding my knee after 2 dislocations in 8 months earlier on in the year.

• Upvote 1

I had drunken sex last night.

• Upvote 1

The Steelers are having a great draft, man. Most impressive one in a while.

The Steelers are having a great draft, man. Most impressive one in a while.

That's the news this thread's been missing..:yep:

We :rock: this draft..

I finally got a weekend off and even though the weather in Miami is terrible, the NBA playoffs are on and I plan to watch it all.

• Upvote 1

Good news - I'm alive.

I get to go home a few days earlier than I originally expected. My summer vacation starts Wednesday! :rock:

Our radio station took part in an annual slow pitch softball tournament at Buffalo State. We had gotten destroyed the previous years but this year we actually won our first game 13-4.

We lost the second game we played (to the football team) but I'm very proud we were able to get a win.

I also ended up going 4-5 on the day. :rock:

Scored 17 points and 8 assists in my class' first wictory of our high school basketball tournament..

• Upvote 1

Took out the #1 seeded team in intramural basketball, in the first round of the playoffs. They had won the intramurals for 3 of the past 4 years, (this is their last year, obviously, they're all graduating), and we did it in double OT 71-69.

We then proceeded to destroy the next team 59-39 in round 2, and are playing in the semi-finals at 9:00.

As well, in the semi-finals in intramural frisbee, we won 12-11 in double OT. They tied it on literally the last pass at the end of regulation and again on the last pass of the first OT. In the second OT we scored twice, so that when they again scored on the last pass, (which they did), it only brought it to 12-11 instead of tying the game. Absolutely ridiculous game and probably the best frisbee game I've ever been a part of.

We won the quarterfinals 6-5 in single OT and that was great as well because our best two guys had to leave after regulation because they had a lab to go to.

So my team is in the semi-finals in b-ball and in the finals in frisbee. It's been a really fun year.

Edited by Thanatos19

Good to hear that you're doing a lot better after the back problems you had a few months ago also.

• Upvote 1

Fun News for the Day?

We're all one day closer to our death.

• Downvote 4

Going to dominate a chemistry final tomorrow, do the same to a Calculus III final Tuesday morning, then one more final Wednesday night and my semester is over. Helloooooo, summer.

• Upvote 1

And.... O_O

Course grades got posted today. Another semester in the books, another semester beasted.

:rock:

Edited by Vin