Sign in to follow this  
FSUViking

Aqib Talib in trouble with Johnny Law again

Hmmm..I'd have to see it to believe it. As far as them cutting him I mean.

I don't know about straight up releasing the guy. They should at least try to get something for him. Plenty of teams will trade something for a guy with his talent regardless of his issues.

I don't know about straight up releasing the guy. They should at least try to get something for him. Plenty of teams will trade something for a guy with his talent regardless of his issues.

Totally agree with this. We could definately get a decent draft pick for Talib. Kids got a lot of talent and I am sure someone will bite on him for a decent deal. I'd be pretty dissapointed if we just released him without exploring our options.

I'd much rather the Eagles trade for Talib than draft Jimmy Smith if it comes down to that.

Who is gonna trade for a player that is for sure facing a long suspension from the league once the lockout is lifted and a new CBA is agreed upon?

He is possibly facing a year long suspension. Just sayin'.

Guest Durant4MVP

$10 says the Bengals sign him after he's released.

Who is gonna trade for a player that is for sure facing a long suspension from the league once the lockout is lifted and a new CBA is agreed upon?

He is possibly facing a year long suspension. Just sayin'.

Well according to everything I've been reading there will be no retroactive punishment for players that get in trouble during the lockout even after a new deal is done.

Well according to everything I've been reading there will be no retroactive punishment for players that get in trouble during the lockout even after a new deal is done.

That would mean that Johnny Jolly's suspension will get lifted even though he got busted again... I dunno about that. >_>.

Looks like the Raiders may have found their replacement for losing Nnamdi Asomugha to free agency...

Which means Aso should be our number one priority.

PewterReport is saying the report by Stroud about the Bucs releasing Talib right away is not true. They are a much more reliable source too.

Per Rotoworld.com:

For the second straight day, coach Raheem Morris has strongly refuted a St. Petersburg Times report that the Bucs have already decided to move on from CB Aqib Talib.

Morris called the report "completely false and bad information." The Bucs have been not to suggest that Talib is locked into a roster spot, only that no decision has been made. "Right now the guy [Talib] has not been judged," said Morris. "Once he is judged, I am sure the NFL ... will step into play. Then we will step into play also."

Source: Tampa Tribune May 5, 4:15 PM

He aint going nowhere. :grinno:

And neither is Tanard.

Beast secondary!

Citing Texas law enforcement officials, the St. Petersburg Times reports that Aqib Talib will indeed be indicted by a Dallas grand jury on felony charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

The indictment is expected on Friday. "Official results don't come out until tomorrow," Talib's lawyer, Frank Perez, cautioned. Talib's charge is a second degree felony that carries a punishment of 2-20 years in prison. The NFL can't enforce discipline during the lockout, but commissioner Roger Goodell is known to be logging arrests. Talib's problems may be far bigger than what the league can impose if he's ultimately found guilty.

Source: St. Petersburg Times

Glad to know so the team can finally move on. Good riddance.

He aint going nowhere. :grinno:

And neither is Tanard.

Beast secondary!

Oh he's going somewhere alright...

Oh he's going somewhere alright...

I was being somewhat sarcastic with that post but I still don't think that until he is convicted, the Bucs will drop him.

Per Rotoworld.com:

The mother of Bucs CB Aqib Talib admitted to police that her son "could've been" the shooter in a March 21 incident that involved at least five gunshots at Shannon Billings, Talib's sister's boyfriend.

Talib's mother made the admission days after their arrests. Police say both the mother and Aqib took turns firing shots, and that Aqib also pistol-whipped Billings. Talib has denied shooting the gun, which makes his mother's statement potentially very incriminating. The mother also stated that Aqib "took the gun from her, he chased after Billings with the gun." The .380 handgun is registered to Talib. He's in a world of trouble. May 28, 10:59 AM

Source: St. Petersburg Times

Per Rotoworld.com:

Bucs CB E.J. Biggers is the favorite to replace Aqib Talib in the starting lineup if Talib misses time in 2011 due to suspension.

And the chances of Talib getting suspended are very strong. Biggers flew under the radar last year, ranking in the top ten of all NFL corners in Football Outsiders' Success Rate. A former seventh-round pick out of Western Michigan, Biggers also had 56 tackles and an interception in 16 games (six starts). May 28, 11:56 AM

Source: Pewter Report

Ronde Barber is willing to "go to bat" for Aqib Talib and believes the Bucs should not release the cornerback if he avoids prison time on felony charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

"He is complex," Barber said of Talib, comparing him to his brother Tiki. "It is too easy to simplify somebody and say they are a thug ... I know him to be a great teammate. I know him to be a fun-loving, kind of gregarious guy." Despite a report that Talib is "all but done" in Tampa, Barber and coach Raheem Morris have both come to his defense. His future with the Bucs hinges on his legal status. Source: Pewter Report

The attorney for Aqib Talib will ask for an expedited trial date after the Bucs cornerback was indicted on felony charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

"It will depend on the court's docket," the attorney acknowledged. Talib has more leeway than a normal offseason with the lockout in effect, but he's going to want to learn his fate as soon as possible to see how it affects his football career. Source: St. Petersburg Times

Barber and Winslow want Talib back. Interesting. I know he is trouble off the field, but he is one hell of a player on the field.

Despite one report to the contrary, ESPN's John Clayton believes it's "likely" that the Bucs will keep Aqib Talib on the roster this year.

Frankly, neither report is worth much until Talib's legal status is resolved. If he's sent to prison on felony charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, it's easy to see the Bucs distancing themselves. If he avoids jail time, however, Talib has enough support from teammates and coaches to weather an NFL suspension. Source: ESPN.com

Per Rotoworld.com:

ESPN's Adam Schefter hears that Aqib Talib "could have a pretty good case."

Talib has been indicted on felony charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. If he can win his case, it may make it easier for the Bucs to swallow keeping him on the roster. Either way, we're expecting Talib to face a suspension from the league. Jun 6, 10:53 AM

Source: ESPN.com