Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

PETA asks EA Sports to remove Vick from Madden cover contest

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 30, 2011, 5:54 PM EDT

Michael Vick is one of 16 NFL players who advanced to the second round of the “tournament†that EA Sports is holding to determine who will be on the cover of this year’s Madden video game. The folks at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals are not happy about that.

EA Sports President Peter Moore says PETA has urged his company to take Vick out of the March Madness-style bracket, in which 32 NFL players are matched up, with fans voting online to decide who advances to the next round. Vick won his first-round matchup and is now paired with Andre Johnson in the second round.

“I can tell you we’ve already received the letters from our good friends at PETA urging us to take him out of the bracket,†Moore said at the World Congress of Sports, via CNBC. “I’m not here to comment on what he did. I personally believe, and this is personal commentary right now, that Michael served his time. He’s had a tremendous season.â€

Moore says EA isn’t making value judgments. It just tried to pick 32 good players and let the fans take it from there.

“We believe that Michael Vick, as the runner-up in MVP for the league and the comeback player of the year, deserved his slot,†Moore said.

So if PETA doesn’t want Vick on the cover of the Madden game, a letter-writing campaign to EA Sports isn’t going to get the job done. Instead, PETA should urge its members to vote for Andre Johnson.

Source: ProFootballTalk

PETA, STFU already. Get over it, everyone else has.

Edited by KiLaSix9

I'm usually the first one to laugh at PETA, but I really am tired of the Vick lovefest. Still, I don't see any reason that he shouldn't be on the Madden ballot. He balled out, and if guys like LT (the real LT) can get into the Hall of Fame, then I see no reason that Vick can't be on the cover of Madden.

Hey PETA: GTFO OF THE NFL

The only useful thing PETA ever do is make those calendars with half-naked chics...all of their other operations are completely useless and just come off as baseless whining.

Wouldn't it work to their benefit to have him actually make the cover? If the "curse" is real, they could hope that he breaks his neck and never plays another down.

• Upvote 1

F*ck PETA....doggie style

People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

Edited by Krawnka

PETA must be following Vick on Twitter or something. They continue to be ridiculous.

The world asks PETA to stop killing so many animals during the testing they perform. Then again, most organizations are hypocritical.

The world asks PETA to stop killing so many animals during the testing they perform. Then again, most organizations are hypocritical.

No effin' way that's true. Gotta be April fools.

But seriously, this just makes me want Vick on the cover more.

Year 2010

Pets received 2,345

Pets Transferred 63

Pets Adopted 44

Percentage of Adopted pets 1.86%

Pets killed 2,200

Percentage of Pets killed 93.8%

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

PETA, STFU already. Get over it, everyone else has.

Thank you, Took the words outta my mouth

PETA is one of the most hypocritical organizations around. I've been reading for literally YEARS about stuff on sites like the one Canada posted and others.

Don't forget the Red Cross... Although... At least a small fraction of the money they get goes to what they say it is.

Don't forget the Red Cross... Although... At least a small fraction of the money they get goes to what they say it is.

The Red Cross is fucking terrible...

Id love to see Vick on Madden 12 but, I voted Aaron Rodgers. He deserves it. Not to mention Vick was on Madden 04 and is part of the so called "Curse". Why cant Tom Brady be on a cover so someone can shatter his knee again?

Id love to see Vick on Madden 12 but, I voted Aaron Rodgers. He deserves it. Not to mention Vick was on Madden 04 and is part of the so called "Curse". Why cant Tom Brady be on a cover so someone can shatter his knee again?

I believe they've offered the cover to Tom Brady many times, only for him to decline it every time. LaDainian Tomlinson has also declined being on the cover before as well if I remember correctly.