Favre4Ever

NFL Network Wants To Add Mayock To Thursday Night Booth

Peter King’s note on Monday that the NFL Network could add Mike Mayock to their Thursday Night booth caused much excitement among football fans. But it came with the following caveat:

“Don’t know if that means Joe Theismann or Matt Millen would be out, or moved, or have to slide over one seat. I just hear the NFLNet’s looking,” King wrote.

It’s hard to imagine a four-man booth, so either Millen or Theismann (or quite possibly both) would likely get booted if Mayock works Thursdays. PFT contacted NFL Network, but they declined to comment on King’s report.

If the network was happy with the current setup, they wouldn’t be looking for help. And they’d probably say they weren’t looking.

The reality is that adding Theismann to the mix was a mistake from day one.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/13/nfl-network-declines-comment-on-thursday-night-lineup/related/

LOLjoeFAIL

God, he really did suck though.

Oh make it fucking happen.

Please make it happen!

DO IT. Footballgasm...

DO IT. Footballgasm...

On the condition that both Theisman and Millen are going I'd like it. Bob Papa and Mike Mayock would be a pretty good booth.

Glad Mayock is in but I really hate Gus Johnson and his constant screaming.

• Downvote 2

The NFL Network is taking its top draft analyst and making him the station’s top analyst for games as well.

Mike Mayock has been selected as the network’s color analyst for the eight games it broadcasts in the Thursday night package, according to Richard Deitsch of SI.com. An NFL Network spokesman declined comment to SI, but rumors have been swirling that Mayock could be headed for the role. He excelled as an analyst for the Saints-Seahawks playoff game last season on NBC.

Mayock, who also is an analyst on NBC’s broadcasts of Notre Dame, could be the first of two changes. He replaces Joe Theismann and Matt Millen and Deitsch speculates that play-by-play man Bob Papa could be replaced by Gus Johnson, the popular college basketball broadcaster who also dabbles in the NFL for CBS

NFP

Mike AND Gus?

• Upvote 1

NFL Network has settled on Brad Nessler as its play-by-play man for Thursday night football in the booth with color man Mike Mayock.

Nessler, typically a college football and basketball announcer, has an excellent voice. The star of Thursday nights will still be Mayock, who is as knowledgeable a football mind as we can think of in the media. Nessler, who apparently got the nod over Gus Johnson, will team with Mayock to replace the abominable trio of Matt Millen, Joe Theismann, and Bob Papa.

Source: SI.com

I like it.

Gus and Mayock?

Holy shit.

This probably was the final straw for Millen and Theismann.

• Downvote 1

About damn time they put Mayock in the booth. Fucking awesome!

:party:

DO IT !

Gus and Mayock?

Holy shit.

Or, for the reading impaired....BRAD and Mayock.

Or, for the reading impaired....BRAD and Mayock.

Haha. I read Vin's post but just the thought of them together was what I was referring to. But, it's okay I'm not reading impaired thank you for your concern though. Sorry I commented about the Mike & Gus tandem after it was confirmed Gus would not be doing it. I should know that once it's confirmed the topic before is completley off-limits and no one is allowed to talk or think about it. My bad.

Edited by Barracuda

Haha. I read Vin's post but just the thought of them together was what I was referring to. But, it's okay I'm not reading impaired thank you for your concern though. Sorry I commented about the Mike & Gus tandem after it was confirmed Gus would not be doing it. I should know that once it's confirmed the topic before is completley off-limits and no one is allowed to talk or think about it. My bad.

I'll take overreactions for $1000, Alex.

Got some sand build-up in yer vergina there, fella. :(

• Downvote 2