Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Brady On Mallet: "I want to play for 10 more years"

Just got a good laugh. Somebody on NFL N (wasn't watching, just had it as background noise) said they talked to Brady and asked about Mallet and his response was wanting to play even longer. Although, a year otr two ago, he did say he wanted to play until 40. Mallet will get a chance to show what he has, and then take his talents elsewhere is my guess.... Pats don't have Brady's successor on the roster just yet. :)

Looks like Mallett will be a back-up for awhile and possibly trade bait. Pretty sure that pick was just New England taking the highest player on their board, but it will get buzz because it's a quarterback.

Hopefully Mallett shines in training camp and in preseason games, so that the Pats can trade his ass ASAP. :bounce:

But chances are he'll just be meh, and wind up as the 3rd stringer. I see him having a hard time beating out Hoyer. A lot of people don't know how good Hoyer is.

• Downvote 1

Probably a good thing...I wouldn't want Mallett being the face of my franchise lol

Mallet is not the heir apparent. If anything, he's Matt Cassel v2.0. Darth Hoodie will develop him and then trade him away for another pick.

Mallet is not the heir apparent. If anything, he's Matt Cassel v2.0. Darth Hoodie will develop him and then trade him away for another pick.

Matt Cassel 2.0? Matt Cassel has not talent. At least Mallett has a fucking retardedly strong arm and he's also pretty damn accurate. Not very mobile but the guy can make all the throws.

• Upvote 1

Matt Cassel 2.0? Matt Cassel has not talent. At least Mallett has a fucking retardedly strong arm and he's also pretty damn accurate. Not very mobile but the guy can make all the throws.

Congrats fuckwad. I took you off my ignore list and it took you all of ONE POST to remind why you were on there in the first place.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Congrats fuckwad. I took you off my ignore list and it took you all of ONE POST to remind why you were on there in the first place.

Well my thinking would be that Mallett would have to show a lot of ability for teams to look at him because Cassel looked like a great QB in NE and he's fucking trash in KC. Did you notice what happened with Eagles QB prospects after AJ Feely? He got traded to Miami and blew and since then people were not so keen on trading for Eagles QB's.

I think Mallett will though because he's farr more talented than Cassel.

Cassell is not complete trash. He's not great, by any means, but he's a good quarterback. You don't get to the playoffs with shit quarterbacks unless you're the Bears with Jim Miller.

• Downvote 1

Well my thinking would be that Mallett would have to show a lot of ability for teams to look at him because Cassel looked like a great QB in NE and he's fucking trash in KC. Did you notice what happened with Eagles QB prospects after AJ Feely? He got traded to Miami and blew and since then people were not so keen on trading for Eagles QB's.

I think Mallett will though because he's farr more talented than Cassel.

Did you watch last season at all?

Did you see the playoffs?

Kansas City (and the rest of the AFC West) had one of the easiest schedules I have ever seen in this league. I am not really sure they beat anyone last year of note. Oh yeah... They did beat a playoff team. The worst playoff team ever.

Did you see the playoffs?

Lets be fair here. That was against the Ravens... and Charles had some success running against them, but the coaching abandoned that in the 2nd half. So essentially in the 2nd half it was Matt Cassel vs. Ravens D. Honestly, even top tier QB's have trouble against their D.

I really, really think Belichick is becoming over-arrogant as far as his personnel assembling and coaching abilities. He made a name for himself in pawning through draft picks and drafting high-class men...but now he's beginning to reach on some of the more problem-children in the draft. I only raise this point b/c, (even though it's tough to imagine right now), I see Brady's relationship with the Patriots becoming extremely stale within the next year or two. I said last year that he was on the downside of his career and I believe that the time is coming soon enough, where New England doesn't want to pay him & Bill decides that Tom is simply too much bigger than the team.

Should Mallet learn & grow from Belichick soon enough, Brady's time in New England will get shorter and shorter.

• Downvote 2

I really, really think Belichick is becoming over-arrogant as far as his personnel assembling and coaching abilities. He made a name for himself in pawning through draft picks and drafting high-class men...but now he's beginning to reach on some of the more problem-children in the draft.

Outside of drafting Mallett, it was a pretty typical draft for BB & Co. :shrug:

I only raise this point b/c, (even though it's tough to imagine right now), I see Brady's relationship with the Patriots becoming extremely stale within the next year or two.

lol, what?

I said last year that he was on the downside of his career and I believe that the time is coming soon enough, where New England doesn't want to pay him & Bill decides that Tom is simply too much bigger than the team.

#1 - He's coming off an MVP season. I suppose that's further proof that he's on the downside of his career?

#2 - You do realize that he just signed a 4-year, $72 million extension back in September, right?

Edited by Ryan Mallett
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Outside of drafting Mallett, it was a pretty typical draft for BB & Co. :shrug:

lol, what?

#1 - He's coming off an MVP season. I suppose that's further proof that he's on the downside of his career?

#2 - You do realize that he just signed a 4-year, $72 million extension back in September, right?

A couple seasons ago, the Patriots don't go near players like Mallett or Spikes in the draft, regardless of ability. 10 years ago, Drew Bledsoe became bigger than the team, got hurt, and was no longer a Patriot soon after. Now Brady has obviously reached a level Bledsoe can only wet his bed dreaming about...but it's something to think of.

Okay..so a 4-year extension, I said 1-2 seasons, we can say more likely 2...at which time the guaranteed money has been paid out & then what? You know as well as I do that salary isn't guaranteed. Is Tom Brady in the same place with Patriots and the league in 2014? I doubt it.

A couple seasons ago, the Patriots don't go near players like Mallett or Spikes in the draft, regardless of ability. 10 years ago, Drew Bledsoe became bigger than the team, got hurt, and was no longer a Patriot soon after. Now Brady has obviously reached a level Bledsoe can only wet his bed dreaming about...but it's something to think of.

A couple seasons ago they signed Corey Dillon and Rodney Harrison. And some guy named Randy Moss did a tour in New England too. All those guys had more baggage then Spikes (oh no,,,he got his dick sucked on a webcam. SHOCKING!) and Mallet combined.

Okay..so a 4-year extension, I said 1-2 seasons, we can say more likely 2...at which time the guaranteed money has been paid out & then what? You know as well as I do that salary isn't guaranteed. Is Tom Brady in the same place with Patriots and the league in 2014? I doubt it.

Wow. Way to go out on a fucking limb, brah. Saying Brady, in 2014, at age 38, won't be what he was last season. Hot shit, son. Lotto numbers. Now.

Here, lemme try this game - in four years, Adrian Peterson won't be as good as he is now. Peyton Manning, at 39, wont be as good as he is now. I dare say, that in four years, Ray Lewis will slow down a bit.

• Upvote 1

Patriots No. 74 overall pick Ryan Mallett believes he's a perfect fit in New England because "kind of the same" as Tom Brady.

"Me and Tom are kind of the same," he said. "Were not fleet of foot, obviously. We dont run fast. We pick defenses apart and we know whats going to happen before the snap or we react post snap and thats why I think Im like him a lot." According to reports, Mallett was the No. 1 quarterback on the Patriots' draft board, which made it so hard for them to pass at No. 74. Source: Providence Journal

One NFL GM isn't buying third-rounder Ryan Mallett as Tom Brady's successor in New England.

"Just knowing Bill, I can't see him truly believing Mallett is their future," the GM said. "I can see them getting him right off-the-field, showcasing him in the preseason for a couple years and then getting some trade value for him and stock-pile more picks." Said another GM of Mallett's alleged drug and alcohol issues, "We thought he was the Charlie Sheen of this draft." Related: Tom Brady

Edited by monstersofthemidway

We thought he was the Charlie Sheen of this draft.

That made my fucking day, right there.

So whoever gets Mallett is gonna start winning some games... sounds like a win-win situation to me.

A couple seasons ago they signed Corey Dillon and Rodney Harrison. And some guy named Randy Moss did a tour in New England too. All those guys had more baggage then Spikes (oh no,,,he got his dick sucked on a webcam. SHOCKING!) and Mallet combined.

Wow. Way to go out on a fucking limb, brah. Saying Brady, in 2014, at age 38, won't be what he was last season. Hot shit, son. Lotto numbers. Now.

Here, lemme try this game - in four years, Adrian Peterson won't be as good as he is now. Peyton Manning, at 39, wont be as good as he is now. I dare say, that in four years, Ray Lewis will slow down a bit.

Nice to see that rod lodged up your ass is doing mighty fine.

I mean...do you always have to be such an abrasive cock-sucker? Other than posting articles...you spend you're time online, replying to posts in a way that leads me to believe your still angry about your childhood. We you raped by an uncle or something? What the fuck is your problem? Seriously.

Every single forum known to the internet...and this asshole FSUViking is hate-typing replies to anything anyone says. Tom Brady's cum dripping from his chin & all. Hey, guess what nimrod....if I moved to Foxboro tomorrow, I suddenly wouldn't drop 20+ years of my life spent bleeding one teams' colors...in favor of moonlighting as a fucking Patriots fan. Would you be wearing Aaron Rodgers in ur sig, had you moved to Wisconsin? Is this why your so angry? Is the emotions of being a fan of 2 different teams clashing inside your brain, nervous system, and driving you into a depression? I bet you have a prioritized list of people you want to kill in this world....to include descriptions of how they will die at your hands.

Stop being so angry about nothing & get a life asshole.

Edited by Trinatas
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Nice to see that rod lodged up your ass is doing mighty fine.

I've had bad diarrhea the last two days. Pretty certain there's nothing in there right now, rod or otherwise.

I mean...do you always have to be such an abrasive cock-sucker?

No, not always. Don't confuse sarcasm with aggressive verbal fellatio.

Other than posting articles...you spend you're time online, replying to posts in a way that leads me to believe your still angry about your childhood. We you raped by an uncle or something? What the fuck is your problem? Seriously.

Seriously? No.

Every single forum known to the internet...and this asshole FSUViking is hate-typing replies to anything anyone says.

There's so much hyperbole and exaggeration in that post, it makes me wonder if maybe you weren't hate raped by your math teacher as a kid or something. Seriously.

Tom Brady's cum dripping from his chin & all. Hey, guess what nimrod....if I moved to Foxboro tomorrow, I suddenly wouldn't drop 20+ years of my life spent bleeding one teams' colors...in favor of moonlighting as a fucking Patriots fan.

OK, for starters....it's just SPORTS, brah. Don't come in here making all these fucking absurd comments and then wonder if there's something wrong with me. I AM allowed to like another team other than the Vikings or cheer for a player who doesn't wear purple, regardless of where I live or have lived. My favorite player of all time is Joe Montana. That just blow your fucking mind right there or what? Second favorite? Walter Payton. I'll let you digest that shit for a little bit. And just think...i loved Walter and Joe growing up in Minnesota! GASP!! ZOMGS!

Would you be wearing Aaron Rodgers in ur sig, had you moved to Wisconsin

No.

Is this why your so angry? Is the emotions of being a fan of 2 different teams clashing inside your brain, nervous system, and driving you into a depression? I bet you have a prioritized list of people you want to kill in this world....to include descriptions of how they will die at your hands.

Sports is serious business, isn't it?

Stop being so angry about nothing & get a life asshole.

Stop being so angry about everything and get a life asshole.

Edited by FSUViking
  • Upvote 1