BLUE

Pete Prisco: Polamalu "the league's most overrated player"

Polamalu overrated :shrug: I don't think so.

I agree with most of the underrated picks, particularly Malcom Jenkins, Chad Greenway, Kyle and DJ Williams. KVB as an overrated player, eh. He's been key on the line imo and he's a great leader and teacher.. I don't know about that one.

This is what I typed as a comment to the article. Sorry for the bad grammar and usage... Typing VERY fast because Prisco is a dildo... lmao

Pete Prisco proves that he knows nothing about the NFL and only writes articles and forms opinions based on what is going to stir the pot. The evidence? Nick Collins is NOT the most over rated Packer? And where did you get your information that he can't cover? Firstly, Collins was never even talked about before his TD in the Super Bowl. How a guy that never gets recognized as a great player can not be over rated. Secondly, he is EXCELLENT in pass coverage. No doubt that it is his strongest attribute as a safety. Last year, he allowed 1 TD, had 4 INT... Only 37% of passes thrown at him were caught which was BEST amongst ALL safeties in the league. AND... AND... QBs only had a 41 QB Rating throwing at Collins. EXCELLENT in coverage. One of the best in the league. Nick Collins is more under rated than he is over rated. Prisco = Fail

• Upvote 1

I agree that Polamalu isn't the best in pass coverage but that's not where his impact comes from. And let's be real, there are few teams that can pass the ball like the Packers, so Polamalu won't have the same problems as he did in XLV all year long.

Tramon is a bit underrated, yes. He's more unnoticed than underrated, I think though.

And yeah Jared Allen is overrated. He is just getting old and he isn't the same as he used to be. I never really thought he was as good as people said he was.

Hmmm, not great in coverage?

Remember this?

x480-519.Jpg

or this?

Troy_Polamalu_Highlight_Interception_Pick_of_the_year_%5B%5D.jpg

At any rate, he's a Strong Safety, not Free Safety, nor Cornerback...

Edited by Krawnka

I could see his point somewhat, I don't really think Polamalu is overrated but he didn't deserve DPOY award last year so I could see that being a factor is being overrated.

JD I completely agree with you on the Collins comment. If any Packer was really overrated last year, it would be like Chad Clifton.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Tim Tebow can't be overrated simply because he's so damn polarizing for anyone to agree on what he is. Anti Elway he is not, Elway was rough around the edges his rookie year too, it wasn't till 1990 where he was a true dual threat, before that he was a 4th quarter QB, with great scrambling ability and the ability to get hot right at the end of games, but wasn't quite so great in the first 3.

I could see his point somewhat, I don't really think Polamalu is overrated but he didn't deserve DPOY award last year so I could see that being a factor is being overrated.

JD I completely agree with you on the Collins comment. If any Packer was really overrated last year, it would be like Chad Clifton.

Ya... I don't think we had too many over rated players, tbh... Our team wasn't getting a whole lot of attention before our run to the SB.

But players that come to mind

Clifton - Although he played better than he has the last couple of years, he wasn't THAT good.

Woodson - Only because he isn't a great cover corner any more. He is still a playmaker though.

Clay - He is a great pass rusher, but he is only mediocre against the run.. I do think he is getting better every year in run support... But right now he is getting too much credit for his pass rushing skills.

Other under rated guys could include.... Josh Sitton, Desmond Bishop, Scott Wells, Greg Jennings.

I do agree with him about Cassel though....

Lance Briggs is our most underated player.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

I actually somewhat agree with him about Dallas' choices.

As far as Prisco's comment about Polamalu and some of his other picks, he should strongly consider changing careers.

Pete Prisco is the most overrated NFL writer ever.

:laugh:

Lance Briggs is our most underated player.

Amen to this. He's better than Urlacher, but doesn't get nearly as much credit.

As far as Polamalu, I don't think he deserved DPOY last year, but I also don't really think he's that overrated. He's a great play, including in pass coverage.

The ONLY thing that is overrated about Polamalu is his his blitzing ability. He can change games and he comes away with a ton of tackles in the backfield, but that's usually after he reads a play and lets his instincts do the work. Any play where he's designed to blitz he usually gets stonewalled (see: first Ravens game last year).

However, he is AMAZING in pass coverage. Don't let the Super Bowl fool you into thinking he isn't a great cover safety. He injured his Achilles tendon on December 12th, missed two games, and came back and played injured through the playoffs. Also, Ryan Clark and Bryant McFadden both had tough games in XLV; an injured Polamalu can't do everything himself.

As for the argument that Polamalu didn't deserve the Defensive Player of the Year award, who did? Clay Matthews? Pfft. Matthews is overrated as hell. James Harrison drops back into coverage far more than Clay and he came away with 3 less sacks, 40 more tackles, 4 more forced fumbles, and an extra interception. If Polamalu didn't deserve it, Harrison did.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

or DeMarcus Ware. Or Cameron Wake, or Haloti Ngata. Someone who wasn't Claymaker.

or DeMarcus Ware. Or Cameron Wake, or Haloti Ngata. Someone who wasn't Claymaker.

This, think Ware should have won and and after Ware you got Wake, Hali, Harrison, and Matthews

How you can overrate an aging veteran player like Tony G is fail. Guys are going to age...no matter how great they are/were. I'd have to say our most overrated player is Dunta, who's still in his prime..but not playing like it. Underrated, yes Grimes is def. that, but I'd also have to go with Jonathan Babineaux and Curtis Lofton

The man has 27 career INT's and its not right place right time. He is good in coverage, not the best, but he produces turnovers and sets up plays

post-7095-0-75224800-1307728052_thumb.jpg

post-7095-0-99049200-1307728062_thumb.jpg

Fuck you, Prisco. Polamalu is one of the best players I've ever seen. Granted he's not perfect, but he's one hell of a playmaker. Go write kid's books you useless bag of shit.

Fuck you, Prisco. Polamalu is one of the best players I've ever seen. Granted he's not perfect, but he's one hell of a playmaker. Go write kid's books you useless bag of shit.

Why would you wish that upon those poor children. Shame on you Ben.