BoneKrusher

CBA Talk Updates

I predict we lose one week of preseason when its all said and done.

I've heard we lost the Hall of Fame game because of this.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :rofl:

Judy Battista by caplannfl

Players spokesman George Atallah says neither he nor De Smith know anything about an email saying player reps won't meet until Monday.

Also, unless the info comes from a player rep (still kinda sketchy) or someone higher up, I'd ignore the info, The vast majority of players have no clue what is going on.

Jason La Canfora Clearing up some stuff from earlier - was a false report about the nature of an alleged email from the NFLPA to player reps that quickly

Jason La Canfora Spread to the point where reps and players believed it to be true, including several I spoke to. Turned out to be erroneous and the NFLPA...

Jason La Canfora In fact sent out nothing. PA got word to players it was not true and there is no conference call or meeting set for Monday.

Edited by BlaineDifference

WASHINGTON -- There appears to be light at the end of the tunnel again.

After a roller-coaster week, NFL owners and players made big progress toward a labor settlement Saturday, according to sources on both sides.

The timeline for the NFL Players Association to recertify still needs to be worked out, but it was discussed. Also, there are the post-deal issues on benefits (including drug testing) and discipline that will be dealt with after union re-certification. But things seem to be on track again, and some of the bad feelings engendered at the end of the week have subsided.

Talks between the players and owners are ongoing, with the parties trying to build on the progress. Among the areas covered Saturday are the opt-out language, workers comp, injury protection clauses, and the process to finish a CBA with post-certification issues (benefits, drugs, discipline) if the union is reformed.

According to multiple NFLPA sources, there is no plan for an executive committee meeting or any kind of vote yet. But those things could come together quickly.

Sources involved in the negotiations also told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora that they believe it's possible the league year will start by Wednesday and training camps could open by Friday. Depending on the timing of a full agreement being reached and Judge Arthur Boylan signing off on a global settlement, free agency and training camp also could open simultaneously, sources said

Source: My link

Looks promising, hopefully a deal will be reached by Wednesday.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

I'm generally not expecting this to get resolved until next month. Both sides are just dragging their feet instead of getting something done, as usual.

I'm generally not expecting this to get resolved until next month. Both sides are just dragging their feet instead of getting something done, as usual.

SHUSH, SANJAY.

Mort:

mortreport

John Clayton and I reporting major progress in talks today. Players committee meet Mobday in DC to hopefully recommend approval.

My guess is that if De Smith says "Sign that shit", they'll sign that shit.

This is over. It's only a matter of time before the new CBA gets signed. Any last second stall tactics won't last long at this point.

We're gonna get our football back, fellas.

This is over. It's only a matter of time before the new CBA gets signed. Any last second stall tactics won't last long at this point.

We're gonna get our football back, fellas.

:party::rock::yay::Banana:

Posted Image

Edited by RazorStar

The labor impasse could be about to end.

The NFL and the decertified NFL Players Association have reportedly agreed to a schedule where the NFLPA executive committee would recommend voting to ratify the proposed collective bargaining agreement, according to ESPN.

That would also include a plan for the NFLPA to formally recertify as a union after decertifying and operating as a trade association during the NFL lockout.

Per the report, players would be allowed to report as soon as Wednesday and then vote on recertification by Friday at the soonest.

Plus, there was reportedly progress as both sides got close to settling the $4 billion TV lockout insurance case.

A meeting from the NFLPA executive committee is expected to be held Monday in Washington, D.C.

In order to pass as far as the terms of the CBA recertify, the NFLPA needs a 50-percent plus one majority vote.

It's still possible that free agency might not start until July 30.

i'm with Kila.

i had a lot of hope last week and now its all but vanished.

Report: Player reps flying to D.C. Sunday, final deal points reached

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 24, 2011, 8:27 AM EDT

ESPN has upped the language and certainty of their report that says the process to end the lockout will start with a vote Monday.

No longer is a meeting between the NFLPA* executive committee “expected.†Now the players have bought tickets and are flying in Sunday for a Monday meeting.

No longer are there a few minor points left to figure out. Adam Schefter reports the two sides “have reached agreement†on the remaining issues.

“Despite the fact the new deal will require a majority vote from the players, that part of the deal between the two sides is considered a formality, according to sources,†Schefter writes.

The timeline we laid out last night remains. While it’s not official, some teams could potentially report to their team facilities Wednesday. The two sides would hope to have enough players officially vote to open free agency and training camp next Saturday. These dates remain subject to tweaking, but the report of an agreement apparently does not.

Either this is one of the biggest gaffes in sports journalism history or this thing is really going down Monday.

SOURCE

As I, and others, have said before....I'll believe it when I see it.

We'll see.

CBS Sports' Mike Freeman reports the league year will not start until five days after the new CBA is ratified, while training camps will not be allowed to start for a week.

It's still possible that free agency could begin next weekend under this scenario, but it would of course mean the beginning of training camps was still over a week away. With the preseason set to begin on August 11, something might have to give.

Source: CBS Sports

SOURCE

We'll see.

It's over man, the lockout's over! Stop being such a pessimist.

SOURCE

We'll see.

THey've already agreed... lol. It's over, man.

The NFL Players Association and the league's owners have reached agreement on the remaining points needed in their 10-year labor deal, sources from both sides said.

Despite the fact the new agreement will require a majority vote from the players, that part of the deal between the two sides is considered a formality, according to sources.

The NFLPA is making plans for a major press conference Monday. But first the player reps' executive committee is scheduled to fly to Washington, D.C., on Sunday so they can vote Monday.

ESPN

Call it what you want...I call it being a realist.

How many reports have we heard starting with..."According to sources..."

It's not over until the vote etc. etc. happen.

According to sources...the opt out clause is still an open issue.

:p

Brees sent an email to the Saints players saying the deal will be done Monday, among some other things like free agency starting Tuesday with no time alloted for teams to sign their own FA's first

Updating a previous item, Drew Brees' email to teammates reportedly outlined a timetable that would have full free agency beginning at noon ET Tuesday."It now looks like ... it will be open free agency," said Brees. "There will be no 3 day grace period for teams to sign their own players. It will be open for anyone to sign anywhere." Brees' timetable contradicts everything we've seen elsewhere, so we'd caution not to accept it as gospel truth. The absence of a three-day exclusive window would change the entire landscape of free agency, of course, creating even more of an Oklahoma Sooner land-grab feel. Jul 25, 12:09 AMSource: Scout.com

Don't know how true this is