Favre4Ever

New Orleans Saints @ Green Bay Packers

Yea buddy the Green Bay Rape Machine is back GO PACK GO

Let the neg reps rain bitches

Edited by Arz
  • Downvote 8

Saints defense is worse than it was last year. It is the Packers though...

The 108 yard kickoff return from Cobb made me jizz wow

• Downvote 4

Nice to see Cobb contributing right away, something I didn't expect.

Also... Nice to see that nothing has changed with our ST coverage. And where the F is our defense?

KUHN AND FRIENDS. I wanna hit 50!!

Can't ask for much more on Opening Night. What a football game.

I think the reason for our defense wasn't stopping them much was cuz it's Brees. We kept blitzing him and I couldn't figure out why.

Great stop at the end by our D though. Especially 2 screw ups by the refs in that drive.

1. They should have started at the one. Bush had possession of the ball with his knee down on the one before either of his feet crossed the goal line.

2. That wasn't pass interference on Hawk. He leaped over Sproles and knocked the ball away before he made any contact.

Players I was impressed with:

Randall Cobb - no shit, this guy is the real deal

Jarrett Bush - sacked Brees, should have had a punt touch on the one yard line that was screwed up call

Jarius Wynn - Made a pretty good case for the starting DE position...Maybe we don't need Mike Neal after all. Had a sack, seemed to be all over the place today.

TJ Lang - Make that the offensive line as a whole, we looked impressive today and from what I saw outta Lang, he's an upgrade from Colledge.

Players I am concerned about:

Desmond Bishop - Led the team in tackles but he gave up quite a few big plays where he should make the easy tackle...

Ryan Grant - Idk if it's just me but it seems like Starks has better blocking when he's in the game. I'm not sure if the D expects a pass or what but seemed like Grant wasn't getting the best blocking out there..Starks might start next week.

Tramon Williams - I saw him go down and I turned to my friend and said "So...it begins...". Dead serious. He was still on the sidelines though, so hopefully it's not too serious and we have Carolina next week so we could probably (most likely) rest him for week 2. Also, the extended break in between games should help. Looks like an elbow or bicep injury.

I didn't watch the whole game either I had class that got out right before halftime.

Nice 1st half for the offense but becoming too passive in the 2nd half is not the way to win games McCarthy. The D was shredded by a great QB that knew how to beat our blitzes too often. Our run D would make great plays but then give up a good run, gotta be more consistent. Need to cover the middle of the field better and our LBs or someone needs to cover the RBs better. Sproles constantly made plays. The special teams was awful, which is no surprise. Slocum needs to be sacked soon. If Rodgers keeps getting hit like he did tonight, he is going to suffer a concussion. Still got the win which is what matters, hopefully we can continue to improve and Williams isn't too severely hurt. Next week is the Panthers so Capers better have the run D ready.

I think the reason for our defense wasn't stopping them much was cuz it's Brees. We kept blitzing him and I couldn't figure out why.

Great stop at the end by our D though. Especially 2 screw ups by the refs in that drive.

1. They should have started at the one. Bush had possession of the ball with his knee down on the one before either of his feet crossed the goal line.

2. That wasn't pass interference on Hawk. He leaped over Sproles and knocked the ball away before he made any contact.

Players I was impressed with:

Randall Cobb - no shit, this guy is the real deal

Jarrett Bush - sacked Brees, should have had a punt touch on the one yard line that was screwed up call

Jarius Wynn - Made a pretty good case for the starting DE position...Maybe we don't need Mike Neal after all. Had a sack, seemed to be all over the place today.

TJ Lang - Make that the offensive line as a whole, we looked impressive today and from what I saw outta Lang, he's an upgrade from Colledge.

Players I am concerned about:

Desmond Bishop - Led the team in tackles but he gave up quite a few big plays where he should make the easy tackle...

Ryan Grant - Idk if it's just me but it seems like Starks has better blocking when he's in the game. I'm not sure if the D expects a pass or what but seemed like Grant wasn't getting the best blocking out there..Starks might start next week.

Tramon Williams - I saw him go down and I turned to my friend and said "So...it begins...". Dead serious. He was still on the sidelines though, so hopefully it's not too serious and we have Carolina next week so we could probably (most likely) rest him for week 2. Also, the extended break in between games should help. Looks like an elbow or bicep injury.

I didn't watch the whole game either I had class that got out right before halftime.

Can't say enough how wrong I was on Cobb.... If I have to eat my words, I'd at least like a little salt and pepper.

Jarrett Bush had a good game overall... But that doesn't change the fact that I don't want him in coverage. He should have given up a TD to Henderson, but Henderson was a bit lost.

Jarius Wynn played much better than I expected. I still think Neal is a bit more explosive (more like Jenkins), but if he misses more time... I am very confident in Wynn tonight.

TJ Lang was verrrrry mediocre. Gave up a couple of penalties. I see no difference between he and Colledge.... yet.

Bishop missed ONE should have been tackle in the open field against one of the Saints backs. Thomas I believe. It isn't like him to miss tackles, but it's going to happen every once in a while. Not concerned in the least.

Starks did look better... But Grant didn't look bad by any means. First real football action in a year and he was quite effective, IMO. I have no gripes with his performance tonight.

Tramon's possible injury is concerning. Eagerly awaiting news. And it looked like he was holding his wrist as he was coming off the field. Hopefully nothing serious.

Nice 1st half for the offense but becoming too passive in the 2nd half is not the way to win games McCarthy. The D was shredded by a great QB that knew how to beat our blitzes too often. Our run D would make great plays but then give up a good run, gotta be more consistent. Need to cover the middle of the field better and our LBs or someone needs to cover the RBs better. Sproles constantly made plays. The special teams was awful, which is no surprise. Slocum needs to be sacked soon. If Rodgers keeps getting hit like he did tonight, he is going to suffer a concussion. Still got the win which is what matters, hopefully we can continue to improve and Williams isn't too severely hurt. Next week is the Panthers so Capers better have the run D ready.

Ya... We could have killed the Saints.But, just like in the SB.. A couple of questionable ball spots (I am not counting the JB potential TB because AL Michaels said it is a continuous play) kept the Saints in it. I know 2 scores may be a decent lead, but it is no time to let off the gas, imo. We became to predictable, and I don't know if I trust our running game against other defenses to grind out yards when the defense KNOWS what is coming at them.

And honestly... I don't really credit Brees for "beating" our blitzes. Yes, he had a great game. Yes he shredded our defense. But that offensive line is beastly. Our DLine did VERY well tonight holding their line up as much as possible. But our extra rushers just couldn't get much pressure. Again... More credit to the line on Bree's picking apart of our defense. I don't see many other teams on our schedule ith that amazing of a combination between OLine and QB play.

We gave up a couple of big runs to Pierre Thomas.. but luckily they only ran him 5 times. We contained their lead rusher quite nicely, IMO.

Sproles is a very special type player. While we get killed on those kind of plays for the last couple of years... I don't think it's going to be an issue often. Matt Forte though.... could easily go for 100 receiving yards though, IMO.

We can't fire Slocum fast enough. He clearly has no idea what he is doing.. And I think Mike is only keeping him around because he feels bad for him and wants to keep the staff intact as much as possible....

What an awesome way to open up the season. Hell, even the National Anthem rendition and the huge flag mosaic had me welling up. And how often do we get to see such explosive and methodical offenses face off like this? Anyway, a few observations:

Green Bay:

-Rodgers doesn't look like he has taken a day off since the Super Bowl. Kind of a side note, that level gaze he always has on his face reminds me of the Joe Montana finger lick. You just know he'll do something big when you don't see any real emotion from him.

-Receiving corps looked great. Jordy Nelson was probably my favorite performance overall, if you don't include TE's. Finley just seemed like too much for the Saints at times.

-Starks/Grant was solid, although I'll give a slight edge to Starks.

-Although the D gave up some big plays, I'm more than willing to forgive this since it was the Saints. Judging that D based on one game against an elite offense just wouldn't be right, so I'll wait until next week against Carolina to see what we're in store for. They brought some good blitzes at times, and I assume we'll see more.

-Fuckin' Randall Cobb. That kid wants to show he deserves the spot he was given on the roster. That kick return goes down as the play of the game in my book. Mad respect for this guy already.

New Orleans:

-Brees looked just as impressive as Rodgers. He took a bit longer to really get the good stuff flowing, but he came around, and that final drive was just gold. It honestly makes me wonder why they suddenly decided to dive it on the last play after such a dominant drive through the air, but whatever. Live and learn, I suppose.

-The receiving corps did well, but I couldn't help but feel like they were all just a little off. Kind of sluggish, maybe? Maybe I'm the only one who feels that way.

-I really like the 3-headed monster they have going on. All 3 of those backs bring something special to the gameplan, which leads me to my next point....

-Darren Sproles. Hot damn. There's quick, there's fast, and then there's Sproles. That punt return was nasty, regardless of whether it was bad coverage or a good return. The big thing is, the Saints needed a replacement for Bush, and he fits the bill perfectly. I've always had lots of respect for the little guys in the game, and he is no exception.

-Jimmy Graham looked pretty solid as Shockey's replacement...basing this off one game is pretty risky right now, though.

-Same as GB, I enjoyed the blitzes I saw from the D, and the coverage made some good plays here and there, but Harper got his ass kicked more than a few times tonight. He'll need to work on some stuff. Again, though, we'll see how they do against more average offenses soon enough.

All in all, exactly how I wanted the season to start. Entertaining and promising all the way through. GB helped reassure me about my prediction for them for the most part. I'll feel much better if they rip apart Carolina. Football is finally here!!!!

• Upvote 1

The touchback call the refs got it right that PI on hawk though is iffy.

I fell asleep during the 3rd quarter ( :( ) but all the live action I saw up until that point was damn exciting. Looking forward for more :rock:

You've obviously been wearing black and gold all week.

No way either team blows the other out. Packers 24, Saints 17.

Of course I was :biggrin:

You would think after watching Harper get torched last year against Seattle they would have been smart enough to try to keep him out of coverage duties.

Shuan Rodgers got pushed around quite a bit as well. I thought we were getting a motivated Shaun Rodgers. Guess not.

Was a great opening day game tho. Green Bay looked like a defending champ.

Saints defense is worse than it was last year. It is the Packers though...

i think the Packers are that good.

injuries didn't slow them down last year so look out.

:Saints: 40

:Packers: 35

Just picked the wrong team to win. Damn.

• Upvote 1

Just picked the wrong team to win. Damn.

you were almost spot on if the teams had been reversed. :thumbup:

Great game to open up the NFL season. Just an exciting game to watch and both teams played well. I don't even think the defenses played too badly, they just did all they could against high-powered offenses.

On the bright side though our run D seems to have improved slightly.

Can't judge pass D against Brees.

This was definitely was an exciting game! Had me sitting on the edge of my seat until the very last second. Both teams' offenses looked very good throughout the game and the defenses definitely struggled throughout. I'm hoping that the Packers defense can regroup and continue to improve throughout the season and put up great performances like last season. I'm very happy with the success of our offense - Rodgers looked fantastic and we even had a decent running game.

Certainly an exciting game to start the season!

After looking through the game again, I decided McCarthy's playcalling in the 2nd half was terrible. After Finley and Cobb owned Jenkins over the middle on that 3rd scoring drive, the Pack never went back to it in the 2nd half. Finley wasn't even targeted in the 2nd half. One of the biggest mismatches not being targeted for the entire 2nd half is a huge blunder.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010