Sign in to follow this  
Phins4life

Dansby Says No to "Suck For Luck"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82348510/article/dolphins-dansby-wants-no-part-of-suck-for-luck-campaign?module=HP11_headline_stack

This kind of sums up how I feel about it. 11 games out, you can't just give up, not even for the sake of getting that pick. It just feels dirty, insulting to fans like myself, who want to see the effort every week...no matter how abysmal the finish.

too bad Matt Moore playing = Andrew Luck, Miami Dolphins

They will get a top 5 draft pick for sure.

Never been a fan of losing on purpose. It's just disrespectful to the game. If you don't play to win, why play at all?

It's not like Andrew Luck is a guarantee to make your team better. In fact, I imagine he'll do the opposite.

Let me ask you this, though. What would be the best for the future of a hopeless franchise? Playing all out and going 5-11, or playing for Andrew Luck.

I support the suck for luck campaign because it's kind of humerous, but not to the point that I want to see a team do it intentionally. I'd much rather a team suck for luck without trying to suck. So basically Dansby sums up how I feel about it as well.

The media and fans will say what they will but I can't honestly imagine an organization together with it's coaches and players all be on board with purposely losing games in the NFL. Am I being naive?

The media and fans will say what they will but I can't honestly imagine an organization together with it's coaches and players all be on board with purposely losing games in the NFL. Am I being naive?

the NFL would not take kindly to it, I'm not sure what sanctions would be available but I'm sure throwing games would fall under conduct detrimental to the league

And it's not like Luck is the only talent in this QB class either. I realize he's the best prospect to come out in awhile, yes, but Matt Barkley and Landry Jones aren't slouches.

Let me ask you this, though. What would be the best for the future of a hopeless franchise? Playing all out and going 5-11, or playing for Andrew Luck.

Playing all out, every time. As a fan I'd be more proud of an earned 5-11 than an intentionally thrown season to grab an unproven rookie.

Tanking for Luck just means that you admit that you fucking suck, and you are taking desperate measures to improve your team (which you don't even know will happen for sure)....

At least show the nation that you aren't a bunch of misfits and come out and play your heart out every week, Miami.

You still might go 0-16 but at least you won't have shit on your conscience.

No NFL team will tank. They are 53 men on every roster (some of which are guaranteed no sort of future in the NFL, not to mention the coach whose seat would be sitting on top of a volcano at this point), you can't expect every single one of those men to lose on purpose for one player. If the Dolphins end up getting Luck, it is because they just sucked and couldn't win enough games. Not because they decided they need Luck.

The notion of a professional team in any sport tanking for any reason, let alone to bring in a kid whose never taken a snap in their league, is just ludicrous. These guys are getting paid to suck naturally, not to manufacture extra special suck sauce.

I can't imagine that these professionals would go out of their way to make themselves look worse than they already are to land a snotty nosed kid who isn't even out of college yet and is already allegedly trying to hold the draft hostage.

It's official. After watching what they allowed Tim Tebow to do in the final 3 minutes of the game today, I really do think the Dolphins are throwing the season.

A hopeless franchise? The Dolphins have some pieces to work around. I think they have a good defense and some skill players on offense to build around (Marshall, Bush, Long, Bess, Fasano). Fact is, the Dolphins have a chance to still win some games, and honestly, to tell 52 players to suck for 1 player is BS. Respect the game.

and is already allegedly trying to hold the draft hostage.

Where did you get that from?

An NFL analyst speculated that Luck *could* do something like that, but Luck or his father has said nothing about that.

You can't attack someone for what someone else has said they *might* do.