Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Food Thread

Cook it, tell us about it. Recipes if you got 'em, post 'em. Tricks of the trade, let us know.

Edited by seanbrock

There should be a subforum for this. :yep: People will want discussions about individual foods/drinks and they will overlap and get mixed in with recipes and such...+1 this if you want a subforum :yep:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Chili

1 lb ground beef

1 white onion

1 jar minced garlic

1 green pepper

2 cans chili beans

1 can dark or light red kidney beans

1 can diced tomatoes

2/3 can whole kernel corn

1 bottle Master of Mixes Spicy 5 Pepper Bloody Mary Mixer

Dice white onion and saute in olive oil. Add burger and separate and brown it. Add a teaspoon or two of minced garlic. Add cans of Chili beans. Drain can of Kidney beans and then add it. Drain can of corn and add two thirds of it. Add can of diced tomatoes. Pour in bottle of bloody mary mixer. dice green pepper and add. Add a diced jalepeno, if you wish. Add salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste. Let simmer for an hour and a half. Longer, if you wish, but an hour and a half is the perfect amount of time for the flavors to mix.

This is my own chili recipe, developed over several years. Found the perfect bloody mary mixer, the right amount of every ingredient. It is delicious. Especially if you top it with finely shredded cheddar cheese.

Edited by BwareDWare94

There should be a subforum for this. :yep: People will want discussions about individual foods/drinks and they will overlap and get mixed in with recipes and such...+1 this if you want a subforum :yep:

I think if this thread really blows up you might have something but until then this is good imo.

• Upvote 1

Very simple recipe for steak:

Take salt, the coarser, the better, and pepper, again, coarser the better, but still pretty high quality.

Put enough on both sides of the slice of meat to cover it.

Then grill it to however you like it done.

No marinade necessary, and prep time of about 5 minutes plus cooking time, (which varies greatly, obviously).

It's just about the best recipe for steak that I've had.

It sounds very simple, but I've been using this one for years, and still haven't run into anyone who doesn't like it once they've tried it.

Edited by Thanatos19

Buffalo Burger:

1/2 lb of buffalo meat

1 slice cheddar cheese

Garlic salt

Ground pepper

2 slices of bacon

Lettuce

Tomato

Heat a grill to medium heat. Mold a burger with your hands out of the buffalo meat and lightly season it with a small pinch of garlic salt and a light sprinkling of ground pepper. Place the burger on the grill and let it cook until red juices start to come up through the top of the burger. Flip the burger and lightly season the other side of the burger with a small pinch of garlic salt and a light sprinkling of ground pepper. Cook the burger until it meets your preference. Place the cheese over the burger about a minute or two before it's time to take it off of the grill. I find that medium is the best for a burger because a burger should be more cooked than a steak but still not overcooked. A medium burger will have a pink core if cut in half but will not ooze blood or taste raw when eaten. After the burger is cooked, place the burger on a bun, top with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and whatever condiments you prefer. Buffalo is healthier and tastes better than the majority of beef (unless it's a good cut or good, organic beef) in my opinion.

**Tips: NEVER press your burger to see the color of the juices. It rids your meat of it's flavor and juices.

Chicken Tacos

4 boneless chicken breasts

1 can black beans

1 package taco seasoning

Put chicken in baking ban, throw black beans on top after draining. Add a touch of water. Bake (at 350) until you can cut the chicken to see that it's cooked. Take two forks and shred the chicken. Add taco seasoning and stir it all up. Place on top of whatever you prefer between hardshell, softshell, or taco salad. All all the veggies and your favorite taco condiment, be it salsa, taco sauce, or ranch, or a mixture of all of that.

Very very good stuff.

Tenderizing boneless chicken breasts, then coating them in panko bread crumbs and then pan frying them is absolutely delicious. I made a nice mushroom sauce one which was absolutely fucking delicious... Lost the recipe though >_>.

Asian Chicken Burgers + Sesame Slaw (This makes 5-6, you can modify to make less)

2 lb Ground Chicken

2 Tbs Soy sauce

2 Tbs Sugar

1 Tbs Toasted Sesame Oil

6 Garlic Cloves, Minced

1 Tbs Lemon Grass or Lemon zest

1/3 Cup Scallions

^Mix all of that stuff together

You'll also need:

Hamburger buns

Butter

Hoisin Sauce

Sriracha Lime Mayo

3/4 Cup Mayo

1 Lime. juice and zest

2 Tbs Sriracha Chili Sauce

Sesame Slaw

2/3 Cup julienned bell pepper (red, yellow, or orange, or a mix of)

2/3 Cup julienned Snow peas

2/3 Cup Jicama

1 1/2 Tbs Rice Wine Vinegar

1 Tbs Sugar

1 Tbs Soy Sauce

1 tsp sriracha chili sauce

1 tsp Sesame oil

1 Tbs sesame seeds (optional)

While cooking the burgers cook the hamburger buns with butter on them (optional) in a pan or on the grill. The burgers take about 7 minutes on each side, on the last minute of the 2nd side put a Tbs of Hoisin sauce on it.

Spread the Sriracha lime mayo sauce on the buns, put the chicken burger on, and top it with the slaw. It's delicious.

Edited by Shotgun

With Kwanzaa coming up, I figured I'd share something appropriate.

Cornbread Dressing:

2 (8oz) Packages of Cornbread ( I use Jiffy brand)

2 Tbl spoons vegetable oil

1 lb spicey pork bulk sausage

2 Onions chopped

2 Apples cored and peeled and chopped(any type of apples, I like something a bit sweeter as they aren't as strong when cooked)

2 cups Chicken broth

1 cup Apple cider

1/4 cup unsalted butter

1/4 chopped parsley

2 tsp rubbed sage

1/2 tsp dried thyme

1/2 tsp rosemary

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp blk pepper

4 celery stalks chopped

- Bake Cornbread according to pkg. Let cool and crumble into a big ass bowl.

- Pre-heat the oven to 375F<- fuck your Celsius Terrence, Razor and especially Bangy.

- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and cook the fucking sausage. When its done take it out and put it in the big ass bowl but use the remaining oil to cook celery, apples, and onions. Cook them til they're tender.

- Melt the butter in the microwave. Dump all the ingredients into the previously mentioned big ass bowl and mix them well using your hands not a mixer like a pussy.

- dump it all in a baking pan. One of the rectangle ones. 8x12? something like that. Bake it in the oven uncovered until its browned a little and isn't soupy. 35 minutes? 45? something like that. Just make it happen and quit worrying about the details.

**If you're afraid of apple cider like a woman, you can use an extra cup of chicken broth instead

kwanzaa2.jpg

Edited by GA_Eagle

Seanijuana Breakfast Sandwhich Special

6 tater tots

1 piece of cheese

1 egg

2 pieces of toast

Ham/Sausage/bacon

garlic powder

salt

pepper

parm

basically you just fry an egg and put tater tots on your sandwhich. Not gourmet but delicious none the less.

You have approximately 0% chance of this turning into a subforum lol...

• Upvote 1

The cheeks are the the best part.

hannibal-lecter1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Ok I dont know if this has been created yet, if it has delete it or merge it. That said it has occurred to me that my culinary horizons could be expanded. I would like to create a thread to talk about your favorite fast food places, combinations on your food, restaurants, home cooked meals, or anything you are pondering. Lets try this out.

We have definitely had this topic somewhere before.

One of my favorite meals to make that is relatively cheap and still pretty good is very simple to make, so long as you have a rice cooker. (If you're living on your own and don't have a rice cooker, make the investment. Mine cost me $20 at Target and also has a way to steam vegetables in it).

Ingredients:

1 can of Cream of Celery

1 can of chicken breast

Rice- however much you want.

Water

Takes 15min or so to make.

You just cook the rice, as normal.

You then take the cream of celery and put it in a microwaveable bowl, take the canned chicken and shred it, and put it in with the cream of celery. Mix it up, put in the microwave for 3 minutes.

Voila. Once the rice is done, pour the cream of celery and chicken over the rice, (or vice versa if your rice cooker doesn't like having other stuff in it). Mix it up and enjoy.

Really simple to make and tastes really good, (it doesn't look all that great when you're making the chicken and cream of celery part, but trust me, it's good).

Cost is pretty much reliant on how much you want to pay for the chicken, but from what I've calculated, it's somewhere between $3.00 and $4.00 a meal.

Merged this with an older topic.

As for fastfood: Wendy's is the best. :yep:

My favorite easy breakfast. Eggs in a basket. You can find the recipie online but I'll assume you're lazy

Ingredients:

Bread

Butter/butter substitute

Eggs

Cooking spray

Spray frying pan with cooking spray

Cut hole in middle of bread

Butter bread on both sides

Put bread in frying pan

Once crispy, flip and crack egg into hole

Wait until salmonella free. Possibly flip again.

Enjoy.

Stuffed mushrooms are great and very versatile. Rock it.

Large, fresh mushrooms

Cream Cheese (approx 4 oz per 12 mushrooms)

ANYTHING YOU WANT

1. Rinse your mushrooms (never soak them), take off all the stems (can be used for many other things)

2. Mix your cream cheese separately and in all of your other favorite ingredients. My favorite concoction so far has been green chile / bacon / parm. cheese

3. Stuff mushrooms

4. Slide into oven @350 degrees for 15 minutes or so.

5. Take out, add your favorite cheese just on the top of the stuffing. Set oven on BROIL. Leave in for a couple minutes to get a nice melted cheese crust.

I will post more later but Arby's is my go to lunch spot on the go.

We made blueberry scones in our cooking class recently, and they were the /shit/.

I also like Arby's as a quick lunch spot after school.

It's all about the Arby's sauce. :yep: