RazorStar

Best Weapon in the NFL?

21 members have voted

1. 1. Scariest skill position player in the NFL?

• Arian Foster
    • LeSean McCoy
    • Adrian Peterson
    • Matt Forte
    • Maurice Jones-Drew
    • Larry Fitzgerald
    • Mike Wallace
    • Wes Welker
    • Andre Johnson
    • Calvin Johnson
    • Rob Gronkowski
    • Jason Witten
    • Antonio Gates
    • Other

When it comes down to it, which player strikes the most fear in your defense. On money situations, which player would you least want to face.

After watching Rob Gronkowski nearly single handedly beat the Redskins, I feel like there isn't much any team could do to stop him, he's got enough speed to get away from you, he won't drop dumb passes, and he'll maul you if you aren't tough enough to take him down. What do you guys think about the quality weapons in the NFL right now?

• Upvote 1

For me it was between Forte and McCoy for one reason. You can get the ball to Forte or McCoy 30 times a game whether you want to just hand it off, work the screen game sling passes out of the back field or even split them out. All those are high percentage plays and neither guy puts the ball on the ground. Ultimately I picked McCoy because he's just a little more explosive but I just feel like the guys who get the most touches make the biggest impact.

Pretty good question...for me it's Larry Fitzgerald. To me, he's the most skilled WR in the NFL. He's taller than most corners, he's got great hands, and he is not afraid to get physical with you. Not to forget, he's got freakish jumping ability and attacks the ball at his highest point. If I'm an opposing DB and I'm already shorter than Fitz and its a jump ball, I know I'm screwed. Also, if I think I have a play on the ball, Fitz can use his hands to create separation and the ability to catch any ball remotely near him.

• Upvote 1

Tough question. I went with Forte. He can burn a defense for 100+ yards on the ground one day. You start stacking the box and then he comes out and can burn you for 100+ receiving yards. He's extremely well rounded.

I voted for MJD. He is the epitome of what one would call a "complete running back." He's a powerful runner, a great receiver, and I can only imagine what he would be capable of doing if he was actually on a team where he wasn't the ONLY offensive option. You can stack the box, and MJD will still punish your defense.

• Upvote 2

As far as this year, if I need 10 yards, I'd go Gronk. He probably creates the worst match-up issue in the league. Great at getting the 1st on 3rd downs, and obviously money when it comes to getting the TD.

• Upvote 1

I'd go with Fitzgerald still. Even while being double-teamed, and having John Skelton as his QB, he still rips defenses apart.

GRONK.

I could make the easy pick and go with a WR and RB, but having a tight end at your disposal such as this kid is insane. If Jason Witten and Antonio Gates had a child, it would be this guy. :yep:

• Upvote 1

LeSean McCoy has more total TD's than Gronk and is a threat to take it to the house each and every single time he touches the ball. Pretty sure McCoy has more TD's than anyone in the league and we're not just talking 1-2 yard TD's. We're talking from everywhere on the field. We also know how capable he is as a receiver. The guy had 78 receptions last year. He'll probably have close to 60 this year and Andy Reid has not used him in the passing game as much as he could have.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Forget about touchdowns, McCoy can't beast like this...

Gronk is just a fucking man among boys on the field.

I'll put in a second vote for MJD.

As was already said, if he was on a team that had any other offensive weapons... I mean, the guy is currently leading the rushing totals on a 4-9 Jaguars team with a pathetic offense. Outside of MJD, there is no one else, every defense knows this, and they still can't stop him.

• Upvote 2

The crown of James Harrison's helmet.

• Upvote 1

Voted McCoy because I'm a homer and he's been almost the lone bright spot on the Eagles this season and I plan to cling to that bright spot until it burns my retinas.

LeSean McCoy has more total TD's than Gronk and is a threat to take it to the house each and every single time he touches the ball. Pretty sure McCoy has more TD's than anyone in the league and we're not just talking 1-2 yard TD's. We're talking from everywhere on the field. We also know how capable he is as a receiver. The guy had 78 receptions last year. He'll probably have close to 60 this year and Andy Reid has not used him in the passing game as much as he could have.

To me it's more about the money situations than the overall stats. If I had the choice going into a game between playing LeSean for 4 quarters or Gronk for 4 quarters, I'm obviously going with LeSean. But situational wise, if there's a TD that has to be made to win a game, or a 1st down is needed on a 3rd and long, I'm going with Gronk, no question.

Inside the redzone, Gronkowski, Tebow (as of now) and Newton.. Outside of the redzone, McCoy and Vick (yes, i know McCoy has put up awesome TD numbers this year) but his explosiveness in the open resembles that of CJ2K when he didn't suck.

I fear going up against Mike Wallace this week. So him.

• Upvote 1

If someone wants to look up which defensive player has caused the most turnovers this year, then that'll be who I pick, because great offensive players are great offensive players, but defensive players who create more opportunities for the offense are the greatest weapons in the game of football.

Also, Devin Hester should be on this list because a special teams touchdown can be a major backbreaker.

so Charles Woodson (7 INT's, 1 FF) or Terrell Suggs (6 FF's 2 INT's).

so Charles Woodson (7 INT's, 1 FF) or Terrell Suggs (6 FF's 2 INT's).

Sounds good to me.

No Stephen Jackson on that list? Imagine this guy on a high powered offensive team like the Packers or Saints. The team would be untouchable.

Forget about touchdowns, McCoy can't beast like this...

Gronk is just a fucking man among boys on the field.

Not taking anything away from Gronk on this play, it was incredible. But...

Does anyone else think that maybe the bullshit calls on defense is what had DeAngelo just standing there looking at Gronk? I think a few years ago, Hall takes a shot on him while his teammates have him (seemingly) wrapped up.

No Stephen Jackson on that list? Imagine this guy on a high powered offensive team like the Packers or Saints. The team would be untouchable.

Jones-Drew is on a similarly bad team and he's leading the league in rushing yards.

S-Jax is a great player, but there are clearly better ones on this list, if we're talking about #1 scariest player.

For me it's a throw up between McCoy and Forte. I go with Forte though (A healthy Forte obviously.)

I mean, such a huge part of me sits here and really believes that if he was on a better football team, this guy would be destroying all sorts of numbers. He can do it all. Run, catch, and heck he can even throw blocks.

1. Forte

2. McCoy

3. Gronkowski.