Sign in to follow this  
Sarge

What is the worst dream you have ever had?

I once had a dream that I died and then tried to talk to my friends and family, but they couldn't see or hear me. Then I had to see my own funeral, where I floated like a ghost above my casket and had to watch everyone come up to the casket and cry.

Another time, I was walking to school and this giant vacuum came and sucked me up into it, and there were metal spikes in it.

Other than those, though, I usually have some pleaseant dreams.

I always hate falling dreams / nightmares... Those freak me out.

And I remember one nightmare where I'm watching the news at home and I see this creepy ass guy looking at me through the window of my old house... I go outside to see what he is doing acting like a creeper and he starts running at me with a giant knife / sword kinda thing... Ran back inside the house, locked the doors, tried calling 911 but the phone line had to be cut... He got back in the house somehow, so I am running towards the door fumbling with the lock as he's running towards me... Get the lock, fling the door open, run out into our patio... Trip over something, fall... and as I roll over onto my back he is standing over me... He swings the weapon at me and.... I woke up in a cold sweat.

When I was younger, like 5 and 6, I went through like a 5-6 month span of waking up every night losing it and crying and shit because I kept dreaming of these things that I described as "fada-wada-baughs" but in being older and remembering the dreams, they were just skeletons. But it was a bunch of series of dreams where they (the skeletons) would come and take my mom and my siblings and all that. Those are by far the worst, lol, no one messes with a dudes mom :yep:

Edited by Pwillie52

Last night I had a dream where I was being choked to death. Over and over again.

My worst nightmares normally have to do with giants spiders conquering mankind. I'm one of the biggest arachnophobes you'll ever meet.

My worst nightmares normally have to do with giants spiders conquering mankind. I'm one of the biggest arachnophobes you'll ever meet.

I think I have you beat.

I've also had my share of pretty good dreams. I often dream about saving people from danger, hot air balloon rides (love those), playing in the Super Bowl, going through the Wonka factory, and a lot of other stuff.

I think I have you beat.

And I am sure I have you both beat. I literally go almost catatonic when i see a spider. One night, I refused to sleep because I had a spider outside of my bedroom window. I was convinced that it was going to crawl into my brain and eat it. This was about 2 years ago. I was 31 years old...

weirdest dream for me is that I was being chased by giant nutcrackers, like the ones you see around Christmas. I have had that dream several times. I was told that if you have a dream more than three times, it was going to come true. I hope to fuck that is not the case.

Driving on a bus along a cliff, tight road, and the driver fudged up and the bus fell off this HUGE cliff. We hit and then I woke up heart racing, and hot and sweaty.

I always hate falling dreams / nightmares... Those freak me out.

And I remember one nightmare where I'm watching the news at home and I see this creepy ass guy looking at me through the window of my old house... I go outside to see what he is doing acting like a creeper and he starts running at me with a giant knife / sword kinda thing... Ran back inside the house, locked the doors, tried calling 911 but the phone line had to be cut... He got back in the house somehow, so I am running towards the door fumbling with the lock as he's running towards me... Get the lock, fling the door open, run out into our patio... Trip over something, fall... and as I roll over onto my back he is standing over me... He swings the weapon at me and.... I woke up in a cold sweat.

That almost sounds like the opening scene in Scary Movie

For me its sharks, slowly eating me in the ocean as I feebly punch at the sharks head.

My worst dream was one when I was drowning in a cold lake while something was pulling me down...I remember I was fighting for breath just because I pushed my head hard into the pillow...

I recall so little of my dreams. Literally, I don't think I can describe a single one in a vivid manner. I'd say most of my worst dreams revolve around friends or family dying, and having to cope with such. I've also had dreams involving Jason Vorhees chasing my family at my farm house, in which he is very clumsy and never actually is able to kill any of us, but it was still scary as shit in the dream.

That's about as specific as I can come up with.

Nothing worse, IMO, than dreaming that you're falling and that feeling of falling waking you up in a cold sweat.

I hate that shit.

I don't have bad dreams. In fact I hardly dream at all.

The weirdest dream I've ever had (I usually get ones that are like "wtf" moments)

I was about 15 when I had this dream but I was with my friend at the homecoming dance in HS. We were both in the bathroom, and we were combing our afros (we don't have them irl lol). Then a clown walks in, my friend says "Go the fuck home Roger!" and then I woke up.

:ninja:

Was sleeping on a plane when I had an extremely realistic dream of the plane taking a nose dive straight to the ground. Woke up right as it hit. Took me a while to make sure I was still alive.

Glad to see you started a thread after we talked about this.

I never used to have dreams that I could remember, but a few years back when I started taking this supplement called ZMA, I began to have extremely vivid dreams and nightmares, one's that once you woke up you didn't know if what had happened was reality or not. In fact, many times I would wake up within a dream, sort of similar to inception haha. Most of those dreams were fairly normal and pleasant ones but I began having a lot of dreams(really nightmares) in which me and my ex-gf were back together in the dream and then when I woke up I would still believe it, only to come to the realization that it was not the case. I haven't taken ZMA for a while now, but I still experience very vivid dreams, which for me, is entertaining I suppose.

The one other time that I had a very real experience with a dream was when I was doing a 3 and a half day water fast. I had been on an expedition in the wilderness for 3 months and the fast was sort of the culminating part of it. I knew from my studies and research what to expect psychologically and physically from the fast but I never expected it to be so intense. I won't explain everything that happened but the dream felt more real than anything. I found myself back at home with the rest of my family and I think the most interesting aspect to it all was that it was painfully normal, nothing odd or alarming, or out of place like you might experience with a normal dream. I just remember being really happy to be home with my family

Actually looking even further back. I had a dream that I was fighting Freddy Krueger, and since he kills you in your dreams anyways, of course it was looking even way worse. Freddy Krueger then got me to trip and as he was hovering over me, stuck his sharp little knife finger thing up my nose. I woke up in cold sweats and with a bloody nose.

I had one where my family was in a car while I was in a store buying some stuff. I came out of the store and watched as the car was plowed by a truck and everyone inside was killed. I woke up so fast I pulled a muscle in my neck but I was so shocked I didn't notice until the morning.

Edited by BigBen07

And I am sure I have you both beat. I literally go almost catatonic when i see a spider. One night, I refused to sleep because I had a spider outside of my bedroom window. I was convinced that it was going to crawl into my brain and eat it. This was about 2 years ago. I was 31 years old...

weirdest dream for me is that I was being chased by giant nutcrackers, like the ones you see around Christmas. I have had that dream several times. I was told that if you have a dream more than three times, it was going to come true. I hope to fuck that is not the case.

Ha. Definitely. If I know it's outside I don't care. But if I know it's in the house, I can't be anywhere near it. I can't sit or lay down in the same room...

I also am afraid to take a shoe and smash the spiders because I am afraid they will crawl from underneath the shoe and up my arm. When I attack spiders I either have to attack it with a long object like a broom, or some kind of bug killer aerosol spray.

It's pretty bad to see a dude of my age and size so deathly afraid of spiders. lmao

I'm pretty okay with spiders except those black window things and anything from Australia.

I forgot.