RazorStar

Players you want to be cap casualties

Since we recently released Brian Dawkins, I got to thinking, which players do you want your team to cut to free up space for Free Agency and the Draft.

Dawkins was the big one for us, but I want to move Ty Warren (5.25 Mill) and Andre Goodman (4.38 Mil) as well. We already have a ton of cap space, but there's nothing wrong with getting rid of players who don't produce.

Shawntae Spencer, which is only a matter of time.

We took care of our cap problem. It was Aaron Curry. I thought he was worth keeping around, at least as far as a roster spot goes, but not for what we were paying him. He was one of the last unjustified rookie contracts that happened before the lockout which took care of the problem. Carroll and Schnieder have just about taken out all the trash. I feel the Sidney Rice contract is a waste but at least we are trying new things and spending money in different ways. Now we need to continue to develop and observe what we continue to bring in and pinpoint who gets long termed and big cash. An Earl Thomas, Brandon Browner, and Doug Baldwin contract controversy could be expected within the next year if they keep delivering on the field and don't get raises. We'll have to see who continues with consistent production. I feel all three of those guys will.

Edit: Oh, Marcus Trufant is only valuable for selling jerseys and being a beloved long time Seattle player. He was a solid player and our lone good secondary player at the time we gave him his good deal. He's outlived his welcome as far as injuries, age and meadiocre downslope production as far as I'm concerned. Cut.

Edited by BC

I don't know about out right cutting them. But we need to restructure a few guys or we need to cut them IMO. The 2 we could live without would be Jacobs (6M) and Canty (8 mil). If we had to let them go I could live with it.

• Downvote 1

Chris Kemoeatu

Chris Kemoeatu

Chris Kemoeatu

Chris Kemoeatu

and, before I forget, Chris Kemoeatu.

• Upvote 2

Dunta Robinson. Ray Edwards has one more year to prove his worth in my book.

evry single giants running back!!!

Um.. what?

You want Ahmad Bradshaw gone?

I understand they are not as good as they once were, (that 2008 game between us to decide the #1 seed for the NFC was ridiculous), but without them, the Giants are not nearly as good as they are now.

What would you want to do, draft a RB, or try to grab someone off of FA?

Furthermore, as much as I'd hate to see them go, I think it's time. Hines Ward, Aaron Smith, Larry Foote, James Farrior, and Casey Hampton all can/should go. They'd free up a ton of cap room which would help us infuse the team with youth.

• Upvote 2

Um.. what?

You want Ahmad Bradshaw gone?

I understand they are not as good as they once were, (that 2008 game between us to decide the #1 seed for the NFC was ridiculous), but without them, the Giants are not nearly as good as they are now.

What would you want to do, draft a RB, or try to grab someone off of FA?

in my world wede sign forte and trade for mjd, realistcally draft. bradshaw sucks. keep jacobs cause hell come cheap and he still has moments of brilliance... dj ware's a proven bum. rb's r a dime a dozen unless u got a special 1 which 80% of the league does not

in my world wede sign forte and trade for mjd, realistcally draft. bradshaw sucks. keep jacobs cause hell come cheap and he still has moments of brilliance... dj ware's a proven bum. rb's r a dime a dozen unless u got a special 1 which 80% of the league does not

I'm trying to determine if I'm being trolled here.

I can't honestly think that any football fan, much less a Giants football fan, would think that Jacobs is a better RB than Bradshaw.

I tend to lean toward being trolled because you also want both forte and MJD, which just makes no sense at all, since you'd destroy your cap by signing both of them. And there'd be no reason to have two #1 RBs on the same team like that, waste of money.

So you've said two completely ridiculous things in one paragraph.

Thus, you are either trolling, or you are one of the dumbest Giants fans I've ever run across.

So... to sum up Thanatos's post....

eb6.jpg

Edited by Jayrus
  • Upvote 1

MikeyDay is that you bro ?

and :rofl: Matt Forte got franchise tagged and the Jags will never depart with MJD.

Jeff Faine. He's always hurt and even when he's healthy, he gets tossed around. He's getting way too much money for an injury prone, below average center.