Sign in to follow this  
Maverick

Hey Zack [concerning MW]...

Are you still gonna think Mike Wallace is a Top 3 WR when the Denver Broncos steal him from you lmao.

"If I get Peyton Manning and it's a healthy Peyton Manning, I'm thinking Super Bowl," Mayock said. "From my perspective, the first thing I would do is I would try to make Mike Wallace from the Pittsburgh Steelers a very wealthy young man. He's a restricted free agent so I would have to give up my first-round pick, but my first-round pick is only No. 25. I would be happy to give up No. 25 and then I would get after Mike Wallace, try to put together a deal with him."

Link

:p

This is just Mike Mayock speculating...but maybe Denver goes for it.

I mean if they're going for Manning they're obviously going for the Bowl this year. Wallace would of course help them.

The Steelers have the right to match any offer given to Wallace and there is still more salary that we can cut. Wallace will 100% be a Steeler next year.

The Steelers have the right to match any offer given to Wallace and there is still more salary that we can cut. Wallace will 100% be a Steeler next year.

Yeah, but you can only cut so much. It may be best for the Steelers to just let him walk. With Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders, they may be alright. I'm not sure what other WRs are available, but I did like Brown last year.

It's not in the best interest of any team to let a great young WR like Wallace not even in his prime yet walk. And they won't.

I said it all last year that Woodley would remain a Steeler and he did. Said it since the starting of the offseason that Wallace would as well. All this bullshit talk is just that; talk. The media needs a story they can keep churning when things are slow and what better way to do so than to rile up one of the biggest and most rabid fanbases in all of sports?

I'm sorry but both the Broncos AND the 49ers would be absolutely stupid to not give up their 1st round picks for Mike Wallace. Both teams need a viable #1, and both are late rounders. Speaking of the Broncos though, could you imagine deep threat Thomas (If he is as good as he was last season) with Mike Wallace in the lineup? That mike actually be a receiving core worth being scared of.

I'm sorry but both the Broncos AND the 49ers would be absolutely stupid to not give up their 1st round picks for Mike Wallace. Both teams need a viable #1, and both are late rounders. Speaking of the Broncos though, could you imagine deep threat Thomas (If he is as good as he was last season) with Mike Wallace in the lineup? That mike actually be a receiving core worth being scared of.

And what happens when they offer a contract and the Steelers match it?

Also, Thomas being as good as he was last year? He and Tebow had a fluke game against one of the most incredibly RETARDED defensive schemes I've ever seen in my life. In the regular season he had 551 yards and 4 TDs. That's pretty pedestrian.

I am pretty certain Wallace is going to be a Steeler for a long time...

But just to entertain the though of him leaving. Would anyone be satisfied in getting a late 1st round pick for Mike Wallace?! I know I wouldn't.

I will say that as a Ravens fans I would not mind him going elsewhere, that being said he has not done much against us. It only takes one play though to kick you out or a game or god forbid a playoff game and Wallace has the ability. If he stays a steeler than Webb needs to stay a Raven.

That said I dont think he becomes a life long steeler. not because of the tender or the steelers not matching the offers, but because the steelers treat talented head cases like an old man treats young hookers. they bang them out when they are great and the gettin is good and ditch them before they become a head case. That is what they did with Santonio they took his best years and then let him go after they found someone else.

Considering this year is deep with speed and receiver talent I see them keeping him one more year to get the rookie acclimated and letting him walk next year.

Also if someone gives him a big offer then it is best to let him leave. The steelers have been predicated on defense for many years and cutting all those old guys are great and I know the steelers like their DE's and backers and things of that nature. That said I am not sure of the depth that have inside. Sylvester maybe who was productive and all that but I think he could use a few more seasons.

Either way I dont care much though because Webb seems to hold his own against Wallace and honestly I want the ravens to keep their own pick because we have a deep threat that is coming along nicely regardless.

Besides Wallace wanting a lot more money than what his play dictates what indication do you get that Wallace is a head case?

Thomas' stats may have been pedestrian for a whole season, but his last 7 games were pretty good, especially for a second year WR with issues staying on the field.

vs. Min 4 catches, 144 yards, 2 TD's

vs. Chi 7 catches, 78 yards, 1 TD, 3 drops

vs. NE 7 catches, 116 yards

vs. BUF 4 catches, 76 yards

vs. KC 3 catches, 34 yards, 1 drop

vs. Pit (LOL Ike Taylor) 4 catches, 204 yards, 1 TD, 1 drop

vs. NE again 6 catches, 93 yards

I mean if he can keep up a clip of 5 catches for 106 yards a game, and a TD every other game, that'd be pretty good with Mike Wallace doing work on the other side.

Besides Wallace wanting a lot more money than what his play dictates what indication do you get that Wallace is a head case?

Other than that. I think he may be diluted into thinking he is better than what he is. Santonio thought the same way and Pittsburgh navigated accordingly. they already had young stars waiting in the wings and it worked well for them.

I am not saying he is a complete mental but many of my friends who are steelers think that this sort of outlandish offer means 1 of 2 things.

1.) He really believes he is that much better than what he is. We agreed that half of that would be about the highest we would go.

or

2.) He really doesnt want to be there and asking for that kind of money is just his way of saying it.

Either way I cant be sure what the hell he is thinking, but I think the steelers have him one more year go to the well late and find somebody who is not even making a mil for a couple years and is still productive. The steelers do well at drafting receiver the only major gaffe in recent history is Limas Sweed.

What they should have done is get some offensive linemen to protect Peyton because it doesn't matter who his WR's are if he's on the shelf for the year.

I can see Wallace sticking around for the 2012 season but I don't think the Steelers have ever thrown as much money at a WR as Wallace is going to command once he is a FA. Not saying it's not going to happen but that's not really their MO.

Other than that. I think he may be diluted into thinking he is better than what he is. Santonio thought the same way and Pittsburgh navigated accordingly. they already had young stars waiting in the wings and it worked well for them.

I am not saying he is a complete mental but many of my friends who are steelers think that this sort of outlandish offer means 1 of 2 things.

1.) He really believes he is that much better than what he is. We agreed that half of that would be about the highest we would go.

or

2.) He really doesnt want to be there and asking for that kind of money is just his way of saying it.

Either way I cant be sure what the hell he is thinking, but I think the steelers have him one more year go to the well late and find somebody who is not even making a mil for a couple years and is still productive. The steelers do well at drafting receiver the only major gaffe in recent history is Limas Sweed.

Pittsburgh moved away from Santonio because

1) He was smoking weed, posted "wake n bake" on Twitter

2) and this one is my only my opinion it was in the middle of all the stupid dumbassery of Big Ben so they were trying to send a message to the players without cutting/trading their franchise QB it just so happened to be that msg was trading the pot smoking and turned out to be diva WR Holmes

Edited by SteelersNation36
  • Upvote 1

and number 3 from what we saw happened with the New York Jets and heard it seemed like he was not the best locker room guy.

• Upvote 1

I can see Wallace sticking around for the 2012 season but I don't think the Steelers have ever thrown as much money at a WR as Wallace is going to command once he is a FA. Not saying it's not going to happen but that's not really their MO.

Ya, he definitely would have been FA option #1 if he was on the open market this year. And he is much more valuable than a Vincent Jackson or Pierre Garcon.

He will definitely command more than Jackson's 55 / 26 (dollars / guaranteed).

Probably not going to touch Calvin Johnson's 150 / 60....

Obviously depends on the length of the deal, but I could easily see Wallace wanting and getting 100 million and 40ish million guaranteed. I mean, the dude is a game changer and not even in his prime yet.