BLUE

Official TGP 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Apart from Dont'a Hightower,who is our standard mock draft pick,I'd like to see us pick Dontari Poe or Cordy Glenn..

Poe was a top 10 pick once,his stock has fallen a little bit,and he could easily be there for our pick..

The most recent mock drafts show no love for Cordy Glenn..He's now predicted to be picked around 25th pick and if he's available,I say we should grab him..I'd love to see him in black and gold..

Not sure I want Hightower or Glenn. Neither looks outstanding, imo. I have a feeling the Steelers trade up this year. Barron, DeCastro, one of the OTs, or possibly Keuchly if he falls a bit.

Not sure I want Hightower or Glenn. Neither looks outstanding, imo. I have a feeling the Steelers trade up this year. Barron, DeCastro, one of the OTs, or possibly Keuchly if he falls a bit.

Glenn.....you def want Glenn :yep:

Most 3rd rounders don't end up being worth anything. Especially Bucs' 3rd round picks, we haven't gotten a worthwhile player in the 3rd since Ronde lol.

If you are solid on Richardson being a big time player, you shouldn't worry about a 3rd round pick. It isn't a big deal. I'm tired of this team relying on 3rd and 4th round players having to step in right away and play big roles. We need some big time difference makers, and if Dom/Schiano are sold that is TR, GET HIM.

That is not true at all about mid round picks. At worst I would say 50/50 contributors. i know in the last 4 years the ravens have gotten two future pro bowlers and one all pro already from the third round. A lot of people from the 3rd are good players.

I think you could not go wrong with either as long as you guys dont draft Poe.

Two picks tonight and I have no idea what the fuck we'll do with either.

dis-gon-b-gud.gif

Will be posting throughout the night on the BPA per mega-board, a collective draft board based on various draft rankings, including WalterFootball's aggregate board, Mike Mayock's top 100, etc.

Top 5 Players [Mega-Board]

1. QB Andrew Luck - 1.05

2. QB Robert Griffin III - 2.04

3. OT Matt Kalil - 3.19

4. RB Trent Richardson - 4.25

5. CB Morris Claiborne - 4.85

I think you could not go wrong with either as long as you guys dont draft Poe.

The Steelers drafting Poe would be a great pick. Casey Hampton could teach him a few things for the next year or two, then when Casey retires, Poe is ready to take over.

The Steelers drafting Poe would be a great pick. Casey Hampton could teach him a few things for the next year or two, then when Casey retires, Poe is ready to take over.

Agreed. Although, I think the Steelers will take Hightower. He is a perfect fit for them and just plays like a Steelers LB would play.

I think Poe has got people gassed up. For a guy who did not dominate in Conference USA in college I am not high on. Being honest before the combine who knew who he was ? The majority did not and the people that did had him nowhere in the universe of the 1st round.

Especially If Micheal Brockers is on the board.

52 MINUTES GOING BY MY LAPTOP CLOCK

Browns trade up to #3! Looks like they love Trent Richardson so much they don't want anyone else to snag him. Trade details forthcoming...

This is, by a wide margin, the most pointless trade in the history of trades.

I wanted T-Rich as long as we didn't give up a 3rd I'm for it.

Looks like the Browns gave up a 4th, 5th, and 7th, all in this year's draft.

Oh, then that's fine. I was worried we gave up much more than that.

Not bad then... :clap:

I don't think it was terrible.. But to move up a single spot, the Vikings sure did make out well.

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Browns acquired the No. 3 pick in the draft from the Vikings in exchange for four draft picks, including the No. 4 overall.

The Vikings will also receive the Browns' fourth-, fifth-, and seventh-round picks. Well played by Vikes GM Rick Spielman, who must have sold the Browns on the benefits of moving up. Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, Cleveland felt "a little panicked." Although one team tells SI's Peter King that the trade "might be" for Justin Blackmon, Schefter, Jay Glazer, Chris Mortensen and Charley Casserly all report that the Browns' target is Trent Richardson. Apr 26 - 7:09 PM

Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter

Vikings want to move down again... They shouldn't be allowed. :nope: >_>

Oh well. So much for that prospect. Now it's either Claiborne or Luke.