Who wins the AFC South in 2012?

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFC South in 2012?

• Texans
    • Titans
    • Jaguars
    • Colts

Who wins the AFC South in 2012?

Last year, the Texans edged the Titans out by 1 game to win the division.

I think the Texans repeat. Last year, injuries killed them and they still managed to win the division. They did lose some key guys this off-season like Super Mario and Eric Winston, but there is still a lot of talent on that team. I see the Jags and Colts improving this season, but I don't think it'll be enough and I don't think the Titans can overtake the Texans unless Locker breaks out and CJ goes back to his old self.

My predictions for the standings.

1. Texans

2. Titans

3. Jaguars

4. Colts

Texans and its not close.

Texans and its not close.

This..

the jags will beat the texans especially if Gabbert is playing like they say in Minicamp.

1. Jags

2. Texans

3. Titans

4. Colts

If Gabbert plays well, I could see the Jags winning 8 to 10 games, but even then, I still don't think they'll be able to beat out the Texans. And that is a big if too.

the jags will beat the texans especially if Gabbert is playing like they say in Minicamp.

1. Jags

2. Texans

3. Titans

4. Colts

tumblr_lws5tew3gO1qht847.gif

Texans are pretty much an absolute lock for the AFC South title next season.

• Upvote 1

Texas, Titans, Colts, Jaguars, in that order.

1. Titans (Call it an upset, but I think they lost less crucial pieces than the Texans did, and improved slightly this offseason. It might be enough to pull ahead.)

2. Texans (They got worse, losing Eric Winston and Mario Williams is huge, and Schaub is always an injury concern. It'll be a tougher road to hoe this season)

3. Colts (They're bad, but the offense should be putting up twice the amount of points they did last year)

4. Jags (Chad Henne is probably gonna win the starting job. Nuff said.)

2. Texans (They got worse, losing Eric Winston and Mario Williams is huge, and Schaub is always an injury concern. It'll be a tougher road to hoe this season)

To be fair, the Texans did play most of last season without Mario Williams and still ended up with one of the best defenses in the NFL.

1) Chad Henne is more than Capable to lead this team as a game manager. he has 2 great wrs to throw 2 as well as MJD.

Don't know about that. Chad Henne was pretty awful with the Dolphins. There were multiple games where the Dolphins D played great and Henne just ruined it.

And you can't really call Blackmon a great WR yet since he hasn't proven anything, but I do think he will be a good target for Gabbert/Henne to have.

Only thing Chad Henne can manage to do is lose his team games.

If Gabbert loses out to Henne it just confirms he's a bust, and even worse than I thought he was.

1) Colts

4) Everyone else...

On a more serious note:

1) Texans

2) Titans

T-3) Colts

T-3) Jags

All quarterbacks look good playing in shorts at minicamp with no defenders putting pressure on them.

Once Gabbert sees Barwin, Watt, Reed, Antonio, Cushing, and the newly added Mercilus chasing his ass down he will go right back to his pants shitting ways of last season.

Obviously they gotta play the games to see what happens, but no one other than myopic Jags fans can say with a straight face that the Jags are the favorites the win the division.

I think clearly from a talent perspective it's a battle between the Texans and the Titans.

• Upvote 1

your funny sir.

1) Chad Henne is more than Capable to lead this team as a game manager. he has 2 great wrs to throw 2 as well as MJD.

2)Gabbert is said to have improved from last year according to Clint session. theres no way the jags finish 4th unless we have a huge Plethora of injuries.

:inouteek:

Did Vin create a trollicious alter ego?

The Texans should walk in this division, but watch out for Tennessee and Jacksonville--both up and coming teams who can really compete for WC spots, especially if Locker beats out Hasselbeck. Hasselbeck gives Tennessee a definite ceiling, so I don't like the idea of him starting at QB, anyway. If Gabbert turns out, and I'm not sure he will since the Jags hired Atlanta's god awful OC for the HC position, but Blackmon, Laurent, Mike Thomas, and Marcedes Lewis? Any competent QB can hit that like Tiger Woods on a just-turned-18 hottie.

1. Texans

2. Titans

3. Jaguars

4. Colts

Texans have a great defense, hopefully Schaub and Andre can stay healthy together for once, Titans have some strong areas but are mostly mediocre, good for 2nd place in this division, Jaguars have a shitty game manager in Mularkey who's almost just as bad of a play caller on offense, and the Colts are rebuilding with Luck and not much else, just like the hearts of every Colt fan with a Peyton Manning jersey in their closet.

Losing Ryans is a bigger loss than Winston or Mario. Gonna be interesting to see who steps up as the leader of that D next year.

1.Texans

2.Titans

3.Jags

4.Colts

Losing Ryans is a bigger loss than Winston or Mario. Gonna be interesting to see who steps up as the leader of that D next year.

Bradie James already has the Texans defense saying, "DeMeco who?" He and Brian Cushing are definitely going to be the vocal leaders of the defense, and then you got veteran leaders Antonio Smith and Johnathan Joseph. As much as I like DeMeco and I wish him all the best in Philly, I honestly don't think he's going to be missed much if at all.

i dont think the texans can handle the pressure of being the "favorites of the AFC South" plus i dont see the Offensive line as solid as it once was and they are vulnerable.

the Texans were the favorites last year and they seemed to handle it well enough

your funny sir.

you don't lead the team as a game manager, it's just a conflict in phrases

As for my thoughts, it's tough not to pick the Texans at this point, if everyone can stay healthy there's no telling how good that team can be, I do think the Titans will be better than most expect and I wouldn't be surprised if we give the Texans a push for the division, but at this point I can't definitively say we're going to surpass them, the Jags and Colts will be fighting it out for the cellar but I like Luck more than Gabbert so I'm gonna go with :Texans::Titans::Colts::jags: as my predicted finish order