Sign in to follow this  
Omerta

Let it Burn ?

Yes or No ?   

9 members have voted

1. 1. If you were GM or Coach would smoking pot, deter you form players ?

• Yes
    • No

Pretty straight forward.

Me personally I dont give a hit when people smoke pot, if that is the worst thing you do then I am not going to complain. I think if you do it in a safe setting (your house) then I would be less apt to get mad then if you are caught with it in your car or in public.

As to that in regards to the team, During the season absolutely not. You would find yourself riding the bench for 6 games regardless of who you are. Even if you were the star you would have to explain to your teammates why you let them down.

As to the offseason. I am not your mother so if I didnt hear about it or you didnt get caught I would not really care. I am not naive enough to think I can stop grown men from doing it, so I would be more of the school of if you get caught that is your ass but I am not going to proactively look for it.

What are your thoughts ?

It would slightly, but like Lomas Brown said, at least 50% of the players in the NFL smoke weed. I believe that 100%. There's the chance that they get busted and suspended but if 50% or more of these guys smoke what can you do?

If I'm a general manager/owner, I don't want my players smoking pot because it's against NFL regulations, and they can face suspensions if caught. As a human, I don't give a shit and think it should be legal, but from the perspective of someone running an NFL team, I don't want my players doing something that could get them suspended for multiple games.

Now, would it deter me from signing/drafting certain players? Only if I believed it was something they really couldn't get under control during their career as a player.

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 2

Yeah. I wouldn't 100% stay away from one, but no good comes from smoking pot and a lot of bad can (from a football perspective).

Yeah. I wouldn't 100% stay away from one, but no good comes from smoking pot and a lot of bad can (from a football perspective).

Tell that to James Franco haha

If you were GM or Coach would smoking pot, deter you form players ?

... Ngata chance

• Upvote 1

I can find reason in the answers that have been posted thus far. I myself think its completely stupid to have weed illegal and alcohol legal. When we all know which one is more dangerous. I see Stevos point from THAT VIEW POINT. As a GM i think we would all have to agree on that answer. Personal opinions in the NFL isnt something powerful enough to change something like that.

So as a GM i would tell the players. Id Keep it real, if u smoke it be smart about it. Because i dont ride around with it in my car, i try to be smart about it. Do it at home. Not hurting anyone when u at the house smoking. If u get caught though, u know u will be suspended and at that point u would have to accept the susp, whether u agree with it or not. Simple as i can put it.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

It bothers me because it can create a really shitty offseason like it did for the Lions. Also almost got me completely kicked out of college. But as a fan, if I hear Marshawn Lynch was smokin herb, I really don't give a shit.

It bothers me because it can create a really shitty offseason like it did for the Lions. Also almost got me completely kicked out of college. But as a fan, if I hear Marshawn Lynch was smokin herb, I really don't give a shit.

Marshawn Lynch DEFINITELY smokes weed lol

Tanard Jackson got suspended for a year for marijuana use. I think it should make any GM/Owner hesitant so long as the NFL will test and suspend people for it. It also depends on how often they might do it. If it's a lot, it could point to some personality flaws. If it's recreational or just occasional, probably not a big deal and shouldn't keep anyone from a great talent.

lol at him getting a DUI a hour after you posted this.

• Upvote 1

Wait ru serious

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT MARSHAWN YOU FUCKING DUFUS :panic: :panic: :panic:

It would definitely deter me from signing a player, for a lot of the reasons that have already been posted, but I'll add one more: simply the fact that it's illegal. If you can't avoid something that's illegal how can I trust that you're going to listen to your coaches or be accountable to your teammates? I'm not saying I would completely avoid anyone who smokes weed, but it'd definitely count as a negative when I'm weighing the scales.

Truth be told, it's illegal in this country, and by that truth alone, I'd rather not sign players known to be smoking pot, but when Percy Harvin comes knocking on your door as the best WR prospect on the market (this is obviously hypothetical), you sign that migraine muddled dwarf to a damn contract and hope that his lack of weed run-ins in the NFL keep on.

I wouldn't sign players I don't need, but sometimes you have to hire certain types for certain jobs if you want to keep your job.

Light it up ;)

Like most have said above. It's illegal and as a GM you want to avoid any players that put your organization at risk. When they're not on the field, it's costing you win and/or money.

Personally, I condone participate in smoking trees. It should be legalized and I hope before I die, it is. Extremely low to risk of overdose. Not shown to be physically addictive and those that smoke it are calm mother fuckers.