Barracuda

2013 Bacon Shortage

Ever puke in your mouth before.

Yes, multiple times. It was acidic and disgusting.

Some salt and pepper on mashed potatoes = pretty awesome.

I eat bacon all the time; on burgers, alone, on donuts, whenever... I think there should be more concern over this. I approve of anyone not thinking its good though. It means more for me when swine populations dwindle. Also like potatoes.

• Upvote 1

I like bacon but not to the extent that others love it.

As far as regular white potatoes, I have the same feeling towards it as I do towards bacon. I like them but they aren't anything amazing. I think I actually like sweet potatoes more.

The thing about bacon and potatoes--they're so bad for you, so why eat them when they're mediocre? I never eat fast food bacon and rarely will eat grocery store bacon unless it's a local in-state brand I know to be good (get bacon from a butcher shop, if at all possible). As far as potatoes are concerned...skip them if they aren't in a completely delectable form.

So many of our health issues would be solved if we wouldn't settle when it comes to foods such as bacon and potatoes. We are fat because they're mass produced and we're willing to eat them when they taste mediocre.

If I was of the opinion they were mediocre I might agree with you.

Bacon is good, but...

300_34781.jpg

Taylor Ham shits on bacon.

Yea doggie.

The thing about bacon and potatoes--they're so bad for you, so why eat them when they're mediocre? I never eat fast food bacon and rarely will eat grocery store bacon unless it's a local in-state brand I know to be good (get bacon from a butcher shop, if at all possible). As far as potatoes are concerned...skip them if they aren't in a completely delectable form.

So many of our health issues would be solved if we wouldn't settle when it comes to foods such as bacon and potatoes. We are fat because they're mass produced and we're willing to eat them when they taste mediocre.

Oh so you're a nutritionist now?

No, you're fat because you don't exercise regularly and don't drink enough water. You're fat because you don't eat fruit or veggies. You're fat because you don't eat lean cuts of meat. You're fat because you don't know how to spread out your meals in one day and your metabolism suffers because of it.

Oh yeah, i'm not fat. So use a different word instead of "we", please. I don't want to be lumped with you.

• Upvote 2

No, you're fat because you don't exercise regularly and don't drink enough water. You're fat because you don't eat fruit or veggies. You're fat because you don't eat lean cuts of meat. You're fat because you don't know how to spread out your meals in one day and your metabolism suffers because of it.

Oh yeah, i'm not fat. So use a different word instead of "we", please. I don't want to be lumped with you.

Oh, so you overreact to everything now like a little bitch?

I'm not fat, either, but the majority of the gargantuan people in this country wouldn't be much helped by exercise because of what, and how much, they choose to eat, so you can take that pompous attitude of yours and shove it up your ass so it can join the nine hundred other things that seem to be tickling your colon all of the goddamn time.

There's no need to upbraid Bware for his post. He used the term "we" to describe the prevailing mentality of America as a whole. It's no secret that you are in the minority in respect to personal health. I also find it funny that you found his post to be reproachable, yet you singled him out and condemned him in much the same way.

• Upvote 2

There's no need to upbraid Bware for his post. He used the term "we" to describe the prevailing mentality of America as a whole. It's no secret that you are in the minority in respect to personal health. I also find it funny that you found his post to be reproachable, yet you singled him out and condemned him in much the same way.

That's life.

Edited by Mathias

Fat is good for you. Carbs are not.

Don't hate on bacon because you think its unhealthy.

I can't wait for Socal to see this.

Why is this an argument? Bacon is bad for you. If you like it, eat it but Its not healthy. Yes, it's perfectly possible to live a healthy lifestyle and eat bacon, but the bacon doesnt help.

• Downvote 1

I can't wait for Socal to see this.

I've been doing a lot of reading and research into this lately so I've come prepared for battle. It also helps that a very close relative has been doing nothing (and I mean practically nothing else) in his free time but reading and educating himself on the matter and talking to me about it. Combine that with what I've read and I'm a believer.

I'll admit the phrase "fat is good for you" sound ironic since we've been taught the opposite our whole lives, but if you're willing to have an open mind on the subject I'll gladly send you a few articles to read.

Edited by Maverick

Fat isn't good for you, or not the type of fat that is found in bacon. It is only certain kinds of fat that you need, and bacon isn't one of them.

It is most definitely unhealthy, if you like it, eat it, just don't eat a lot of it.

You can keep it healthy with turkey bacon.

I've been doing a lot of reading and research into this lately so I've come prepared for battle. It also helps that a very close relative has been doing nothing (and I mean practically nothing else) in his free time but reading and educating himself on the matter and talking to me about it. Combine that with what I've read and I'm a believer.

I'll admit the phrase "fat is good for you" sound ironic since we've been taught the opposite our whole lives, but if you're willing to have an open mind on the subject I'll gladly send you a few articles to read.

I'm not talking about the fat comment. Carbohydrates are not unequivocally bad for you, lmao.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Fat isn't good for you, or not the type of fat that is found in bacon. It is only certain kinds of fat that you need, and bacon isn't one of them.

It is most definitely unhealthy, if you like it, eat it, just don't eat a lot of it.

You're right about not all fat being good for you, but as for your second line...

http://chriskresser.com/the-nitrate-and-nitrite-myth-another-reason-not-to-fear-bacon

I highly recommend reading the article before you discredit my opinion based on your knowledge up to this point.

You're right about not all fat being good for you, but as for your second line...

http://chriskresser.com/the-nitrate-and-nitrite-myth-another-reason-not-to-fear-bacon

I highly recommend reading the article before you discredit my opinion based on your knowledge up to this point.

Thanks for ignoring my response on you frothing from the mouth with nonsense about carbohydrates being bad for you.

Thanks for ignoring my response on you frothing from the mouth with nonsense about carbohydrates being bad for you.

I actually didn't see your response post to be honest.

Low-Fat = High-Carb Diet

Another problem with low fat diets is that low fat means high-carb. And high-carb eventually leads to low blood sugar. When your blood sugar drops, your body goes into a storage mode and your metabolism slows down. Also, when you eat high-carb foods you trigger the release of insulin, which tells your body to store fat. Not to mention that your energy level drops with your blood sugar, so if you eat a high carb diet you will most likely lack the energy you need to exercise. Including good fats with every meal helps to keep your blood sugar stable. This maximizes your metabolism by providing your body with a steady supply of fuel to burn throughout the day.

Oh and I lol @ "frothing from the mouth"...Jesus Zach you're a piece of work lol.

Edited by Maverick

My guess is your relative is on a low carb diet or just researching one/several for school etc? Atkins, Paleo, Zone, South Beach are all pretty popular low carb diet plans out there.

I'd rather not get into a debate on bioenergetics but if you'd like to extrapolate on your claim that carbs are bad for you, I will most certainly respond.

My guess is your relative is on a low carb diet or just researching one/several for school etc? Atkins, Paleo, Zone, South Beach are all pretty popular low carb diet plans out there.

I'd rather not get into a debate on bioenergetics but if you'd like to extrapolate on your claim that carbs are bad for you, I will most certainly respond.

He's not really on any official diet per-say. Taken a lot of research and articles and kind of put together his own thing on what's best for him. That's something he also tells me. Each person's body is different so it's always a bit tough to generalize what plan is best for everyone.

Well what's your opinion on the paragraph I posted in reply to Zach's post?

I'm not trying to instigate you into a debate, just wondering because I know you're studying nutrition...

Edited by Maverick