BLUE

Update: Gronkowski will open camp on active/PUP list

I never thought I'd see anyone say that Gronkowski is more important than Brady. A top qb is way more important than a top tight end, and its not even close. If Gronkowski didn't play this year, New England would probably have lost on more game at most. Without Brady, they're last in the division. Remember, the year Cassell went 11-5 the Patriots had a 16-0 core. A 5 game dropoff is pretty big.

The only argument you could make now is that Gronkowski is a better tight end than Brady is a qb (which I think I would agree with right now).

And like everyone said, you don't take players out on a PAT.

In summation: Chris, you aren't making much sense.

Oh, and shit like this is why I stopped playing fantasy. I don't want to have a personal vendetta over a coach over something stupid like this.

Edited by blotsfan

I just dislike Belicheck. Always have, and I will always accept a reason to smash the guy. I mean, he makes the NFL coaching job look like a gig a guy off the streets can obtain from the simple way he dresses. That's besides the point.

I can have as much animosity toward the guy as I want. And I can put FF above anything I choose, I never said I didn't want gronk to get better soon, or wished against a full recovery if that's what you're implying. I do however believe that despite the fact teams should keep trying to score, they shouldn't have starters on the field in a blowout. Until yesterday when you mentioned it, I had no clue it happened on a PAT. No one reported that until later Monday.

Ido however feel like my fantasy football team is higher on my priorities than the actual game if football. Everyone has different views on that. I do believe that a lot of people agree with me on that one. Maybe not in here, but many who play FF.

Gronk is a much better TE than Brady is a QB. Gronk is the best player on that team. You won't veer me from that.

Gronk is a much better TE than Brady is a QB. Gronk is the best player on that team. You won't veer me from that.

Hilarious.

Gronk is arguably the best TE. Agreed? Good.

Brady is arguably the best QB. Agreed? Good.

QB is the most important position in the NFL. TE isn't. Agreed? Good.

Officially veer'd.

This is more like a "How dare you be extremely upset that your fantasy team is destroyed now" thread.

Edited by Chris D

This is more like a "How dare you be extremely upset that your fantasy team is destroyed now" thread.

Right, because everyone should just forget the part where you went after BB for doing something that all coaches do on a routine basis as if he was trying to run up the score.

• Upvote 1

Man, we are really missing Gronkowski today. Brady just isn't good without him

I know. The Patriots seem to desperately need him, man.

• Upvote 1

Only 35 points? If they had Gronk they would have sixty by now. Brady needs gronk out there so bad.

Dam man, I'm so glad Gronkowski was out for the Patriots tonight Brady looks terrible! Now if Brady was hurt and Gronkowski was in we'd be getting blown out for sure.

Over/Under on how many more times the same joke can be made?

To be fair my team got the amazing benefit of being able to play the Gronkowskiless Pats who are obviously a shell of their former selves so I should be able to gloat about it as I wish.

That blowout had more to do with how awful the Jets were, IMO ...

Edited by BLUE

Mark Sanchez and the New York Mediablasters had nothing at all to do with their own demise last night, of course. I'll wait until the playoffs to see how the Patriots manage when they face teams who are actually threats. No offense to the Jets of course, but without Revis, that team is hot garbage. They don't even know what type of offense they want to be, all they know is that Sanchez sure as hell shouldn't be throwing the ball, much less running with it.

Although, Hernandez sure did prove me wrong. That amazing catch he made in the first quarter alone "wowed" me.

:devious:

Hernandez>>>Gronk

So what your really saying is

Hernandez>>>Gronk>>>>>Brady

• Upvote 1

Per Rotoworld.com:

Citing two sources, ESPN Boston reports Rob Gronkowski will "very likely" require a fourth surgery on his fractured left forearm to alleviate a lingering infection.

The fourth surgery would remove Gronkowski's metal plate and replace it with a new one. The report confirms Sunday morning's Boston Herald story in stating Gronkowski's Week 1 availability could be jeopardized. Gronkowski recently awoke and noticed swelling in the arm, in addition to "discharge" resulting from the infection. The future effects of Gronkowski's four arm surgeries remain to be seen. He now seems likely to miss all of training camp. Apr 7 - 2:55 PM

Source: ESPN Boston

The quotations on "discharge" makes it sound dirtier than it probably is.