Sarge

Favorite Thanksgiving food

What's your favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal? I'm fully prepared to be alone on this, but every year at our dinner I hog the cranberry sauce so that nobody else can have any. lmao

I love cranberries. Not so hot on cranberry sauce.

exps4547_RX1300C47A.jpg

• Upvote 1

I'm going to be boring and say Turkey and mashed potaters and for dessert Pumpkin Pie.

• Upvote 1

Cranberry sauce is up there, but to me...my favorite to me is the turducken our family has. So delish.

I love cranberries. Not so hot on cranberry sauce.

exps4547_RX1300C47A.jpg

This, and do mashed potatoes count? love 'em but they're not necessarily Thanksgiving food.

Pecan Pie.

• Upvote 1

My family sucks at holiday food. I loathe having to show up for holiday dinner because all I end up eating is dinner rolls. I love stuffing, but the way my family makes it is disgusting. They put in gigantic chunks of celery and onions and the consistency is just...vomit-inducing. Instead of being fluffy and delicious like, say, Stovetop brand, it ends up being sticky and mushy. And somehow my entire family just freaking RAVES about it. I also love greenbean casserole, but they never make that shit.

So basically I just eat dinner rolls, corn if there is any, and pumpkin pie. Love 'dat pumpkin pie.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Turkey

Ham

Mashed potatoes

Red potatoes

Stuffing

Gravy

Corn

Beans

Bread rolls

Cranberry sauce

Cherry Pie

Apple pie

That's usually what's on the badgers family table on Thanksgiving. Depending on who's hosting there's some more stuff. I eat all of it I'm not picky and I can't pick favorites, unfortunately. Though I really dislike pumpkin pie.

The pie. Deep down I feel like eating the dinner is just something that I have to do in order to get to the desert without people asking questions.

• Upvote 1

I spose the turkey, but I'm not a huge fan of thanksgiving dinner in general. I tend to just stick with that and some mashed potatoes with gravy. I'd love to try a deep fried turkey one year though. I've heard those are amazing.

I usually go ham for ham... dinner rolls are also pretty good. Obligatory "This topic is a month late"

When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food, and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself. - Tecumseh

Happy Thanksgiving, TGP!!!