Vin

Which QB would you rather have?

Player A:

424/682, 62.1% comp, 4,407 yards, 30 TD, 16 INTs, 88.4 PR, 6.66 YPA, 2 rushing TDs

Player B:

453/718, 63.1% comp, 5,389 yards, 29 TDs, 19 INTs, 88.4 PR, 7.51 YPA, 3 rushing TDs

B.

There isn't too much of a difference to me.

Player A is Tom Brady's post season stats prior to last season's playoff run(why you left that out I'm not sure..).

Player B is Peyton Mannning's all-time playoff stats.

I've seen these numbers far too often. Far too many "Manning vs Brady" debates on these word wide internets.

• Upvote 1

Player A is Tom Brady's post season stats prior to last season's playoff run(why you left that out I'm not sure..).

Player B is Peyton Mannning's all-time playoff stats.

I've seen these numbers far too often. Far too many "Manning vs Brady" debates on these word wide internets.

:clap:

Nineteen games a piece, I would've included Brady's numbers from last year, but I figured the TD totals would've then skewed everything in his favor (878 yards, 8 TDs (6 against the Broncos, 4 INTs and a rushing TD), and I wanted to see what people would pick with both of them on a somewhat even playing field.

Funny, Player A is, barring some sort of miracle, going to go down in history as the winningest postseason QB in NFL history, and the other has somewhat of a legacy of being a choker, despite being quite similar in stats.

Edited by Vin

Nineteen games a piece, I would've included Brady's numbers from last year, but I figured the TD totals would've then skewed everything in his favor (Six TDs against the Broncos), and I wanted to see what people would pick on a somewhat level playing field.

Funny, Player A is, barring some sort of miracle, going to go down in history as the winningest postseason QB in NFL history, and the other has somewhat of a legacy of being a choker, despite being quite similar in stats.

Peyton Manning is cursed. If he doesn't choke in the playoffs, the team around him does. Or he'll carry the team the entire game, make a stupid decision in the end and they lose.

Poor guy.

Brady on the other hand has more post season game winning drives(and should be game winning drive, I'm looking at you, 07 Pats) than I care to count.

Plus, Manning being 0-5 when it's really cold outside isn't good. He needs to win today and at least show he can win when it gets this cold.

• Upvote 1

Nineteen games a piece, I would've included Brady's numbers from last year, but I figured the TD totals would've then skewed everything in his favor (878 yards, 8 TDs (6 against the Broncos, 4 INTs and a rushing TD), and I wanted to see what people would pick with both of them on a somewhat even playing field.

The perceptions are different cause Brady's done this

and

And Manning's done this

Peyton Manning is cursed. If he doesn't choke in the playoffs, the team around him does. Or he'll carry the team the entire game, make a stupid decision in the end and they lose.

Poor guy.

Brady on the other hand has more post season game winning drives(and should be game winning drive, I'm looking at you, 07 Pats) than I care to count.

Plus, Manning being 0-5 when it's really cold outside isn't good. He needs to win today and at least show he can win when it gets this cold.

He wasn't cursed in 2006 when he had a 3:7 TD:INT ratio and passer ratings of 71.9, 39.6, 79.1, and 81.8 en route to a Super Bowl victory

• Upvote 1

His team is gonna carry him to another championship this year. Deal with it.

I don't even count Manning's Super Bowl victory as a full on, Super Bowl winning, playoff trek. He played fucking Rex Grossman.

I don't even count Manning's Super Bowl victory as a full on, Super Bowl winning, playoff trek. He played fucking Rex Grossman.

The... Chicago Grossmans?

They're both extremely overrated in the post season. Brady had Spygate, Manning is a choker.

You can't be serious. The fucking Spygate card?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The playoffs are a different animal. You can't just look at the stats as a whole and make a full determination about a player's ability.

Peyton Manning only threw 1 interception in Super Bowl 44, but since it came so close to the end of regulation, it was a devastating turnover that ended the season. (I'm referring to Tracy Porter's pick six, in case nobody knows.)

Over the course of a regular season, YPA is probably the most significant stat for quarterbacks, but in the playoffs, turnovers are so magnified that it really becomes all about the INTs. Of course you need to get yards and score points, but turning the ball over is a one-way ticket to elimination.

Oh, and Tom Brady's TD/INT ratio probably looked a lot better after their 3rd Super Bowl. Ever since then, Brady has been very weaksauce in the playoffs.

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 2

Neither, I'd take Joe Montana :troll:

This wasn't really a determination of which player is better, moreso how similar numbers don't necessarily lead to the same results.

Gotta love the NFL.

Without Spygate the Patriots have nothing.

What from the post-Spygate era leads you to even remotely believe that? They've been in 2 Super Bowls in the past 5 years lol. We had the best offense in NFL history in '07 and another top 5 offense in NFL history this year. We've dominated post Spygate, proving it meant nothing.

Edited by BradyFan81

Nope. Your team would not have won/been in the Super Bowl in 2001-2004 without Spygate.

The Patriots are EXTREMELY different as a team now than they were when they had Spygate benefiting them. It's laughable that you even attempt to compare the two. The offense during their Super Bowl runs was stagnant and crappy while their defense did the heavy lifting. The offense has taken off since then and still they can't win. The Patriots should have no Super Bowls.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

In case you haven't realized it it's hard to win the Super Bowl. If you're making it consistently you're doing a pretty damn good job I'd say.

You can continue to be bitter though just cause the Pats wrecked your team en route to 2 Super Bowl victories. 3 Super Bowls speaks for itself and I'm pretty pleased with them lol.

Sorry for derailing your thread Vin

Edited by BradyFan81

In case you haven't realized it it's hard to win the Super Bowl. If you're making it consistently you're doing a pretty damn good job I'd say.

You can continue to be bitter though just cause the Pats wrecked your team en route to 2 Super Bowl victories. 3 Super Bowls speaks for itself and I'm pretty pleased with them lol.

Sorry for derailing your thread Vin

It's easy to "wreck" teams when you have the plays whispered into your ear before the snap, lmao.

The playoffs are a different animal. You can't just look at the stats as a whole and make a full determination about a player's ability.

Peyton Manning only threw 1 interception in Super Bowl 44, but since it came so close to the end of regulation, it was a devastating turnover that ended the season. (I'm referring to Tracy Porter's pick six, in case nobody knows.)

Over the course of a regular season, YPA is probably the most significant stat for quarterbacks, but in the playoffs, turnovers are so magnified that it really becomes all about the INTs. Of course you need to get yards and score points, but turning the ball over is a one-way ticket to elimination.

Oh, and Tom Brady's TD/INT ratio probably looked a lot better after their 3rd Super Bowl. Ever since then, Brady has been very weaksauce in the playoffs.

this pretty well nails it, and he did it again today, the loss was definitely primarily on the defense (how do you let WRs get open deep that regularly?) but that INT in OT was the killer

this pretty well nails it, and he did it again today, the loss was definitely primarily on the defense (how do you let WRs get open deep that regularly?) but that INT in OT was the killer

Not to mention the fact that he looked a little...off...throughout the day. There were just too many throws into tight coverage and passes that barely had any zip on them. Of course, Baltimore's secondary deserves credit for the tight coverage. They played great.

Not to mention the fact that he looked a little...off...throughout the day. There were just too many throws into tight coverage and passes that barely had any zip on them. Of course, Baltimore's secondary deserves credit for the tight coverage. They played great.

I really didn't think Manning had a bad day overall, the first pick wasn't on him, off the WRs hands (and possibly a missed PI call) then the Ravens grabbed it on the tip drill, and he did throw for almost 300 yards and three TDs, he certainly wasn't playing to the level we've come to expect from Peyton Manning, but I thought he still had a good game overall, he just once again threw his worst pass at the worst possible time