housemd

Percy Harvin traded to Seahawks

I've decided that I want Harvin to stay. I think he's more so mad at how the passing game as moved backwards since his Rookie season, but I could be wrong and it could be the coach. I like Percy as a Viking and I hope we can talk him down from the contract he is asking for... (God, I hate agents and player unions... let the free agency market run its course :nonono:

You would take Sidney Rice and Golden Tate over Percy Harvin :think:. Harvin was a MVP candidate before getting hurt.

Per Rotoworld.com:

According to Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole, Percy Harvin is targeting a deal in the range of Calvin Johnson's as opposed to Dwayne Bowe or Vincent Jackson.

Harvin considers himself a "special" player and reportedly wants $16.5 annually, which would put him right behind Megatron ($18.8M average) and ahead of Larry Fitzgerald ($16.06M). Bowe and Jackson, the NFL's third and fourth highest-paid wideouts, collect $11.2M and $11.1M per year, respectively. Per Cole, Harvin "threatened to walk out on the team" last offseason after hearing the Patriots gave Aaron Hernandez a contract extension after only two NFL seasons. "[The Vikings are] in a tough spot," one source told Cole. "If you don't take some aggressive action, this could get really bad." Harvin seems 50:50 to be a Viking in 2013. Mar 8 - 12:32 AM

Source: Yahoo Sports

Edited by BLUE

Mike Wallace in, Percy Harvin out for Vikings?

The Minnesota Vikings may have found a cure to the anticipated headache of re-signing wide receiver Percy Harvin.

According to multiple reports, the Vikings are one of the lead suitors for free agent wideout Mike Wallace. While quarterback Christian Ponder would be armed with a pair of big-play threats, Minnesota could very well be preparing itself to part ways with Harvin.

Harvin, who is set to be a free agent after the 2013 season, is itching for a new deal now. And if the Vikings don't give Harvin an extension this offseason, it's believed he may hold out just like Vincent Jackson did with San Diego in 2010, according to a team source.

The Vikings fear that the strong-willed Harvin may play the absolute minimum required to get to free agency and that he'll create such a stink that the last thing the Vikings will consider is franchising him. Moreover, this is not as simple as giving Harvin a contract in line with what Jackson received a year ago (five years, $55.55 million) from Tampa Bay or what Dwayne Bowe got last week (five years, $56 million) from Kansas City.

While the Vikings and Harvin's agent, Joel Segal, have yet to exchange contract proposals, it's believed that Harvin wants money closer to what Calvin Johnson got from Detroit in 2012 (eight years, $132 million) than to Jackson or Bowe. That's an average of $16.5 million per year compared to a little more than $11 million for Jackson and Bowe. As one person put it about Harvin, he considers himself a "special" player and executives around the league have fed that attitude by telling people close to him how difficult it is to cover Harvin.

While Harvin has never reached 1,000 yards receiving or exceeded six receiving touchdowns in a season, he's a unique player with great quickness and speed. He's one of the league's best run-after-the-catch players (he averaged 8.9 yards after the catch last season) and has scored five touchdowns on kickoff returns in his four seasons. He has also been effectively used as a running back. In four seasons, he has carried the ball 107 times for 683 yards and four touchdowns.

As rumors of Harvin being on the trade block have surfaced this offseason, numerous teams have been linked to him, including New England and San Francisco.

Thus, you have to wonder if the Vikings, who have a pretty strong understanding of the situation based on what happened last offseason, are willing to trade Harvin if they can sign an alternative? Harvin threatened to walk out on the team last offseason after hearing that former Florida teammate Aaron Hernandez received a contract extension after only two years.

"[The Vikings are] in a tough spot," one source said. "If you don't take some aggressive action, this could get really bad."

In particular, the Vikings don't want this situation to inhibit the momentum they built in making the playoffs last season. That playoff run came despite losing Harvin to injury after nine games, at which point he had 62 catches for 677 yards. Those numbers were good enough that Harvin still led the team in catches and receiving yards at the end of the season.

Adding to the tension around Harvin is that he reportedly got into a shouting match with Minnesota coach Leslie Frazier. That comes after a history of run-ins with coaches at Florida. Harvin once refused to do a conditioning run. That forced former Florida coach Urban Meyer to change his conditioning routine, allowing players to play basketball instead to stay in shape.

Yahoo! Sports

If the Patriots don't re-sign Welker, we could possibly try to trade Harvin to them for a lade 2nd rounder. I would say 1st, but there are way too many things going against him for him to be worth that. With two late-2nd round picks, we could still pick up some great depth. We could nab DT, WR, and LB right off the bat with those picks. If we manage to sign Wallace, we can pick up someone like Austin (if he falls) or Wheaton in the mid-rounds.

I can't see the Patriots giving up a 2nd rounder in addition to a hefty contract extension to Harvin, even if they don't re-sign Wes Welker.

Edited by BLUE

Percy Harvin has again asked to be traded and won't show up for the Vikings' offseason workouts in April, according to StarTribune columnist Sid Hartman.

Hartman cited “good sources around the NFL,” and his story fits with everything that has come out about Harvin lately.

The 24-year-old wideout isn't talking.

General manager Rick Spielman said he has no intention of trading Harvin, the Vikes' best offensive threat not named Adrian Peterson. Minnesota's leading receiver is signed for $2.755 million this year, and the team could keep him for 2014 and 2015 with franchise tags.

This isn't the first time Harvin has said he wants out.

Money isn't the only issue, according to Hartman, who speculated Harvin didn't like his offensive role and didn't get along with the team's medical staff.

If the Patriots picked up Percy Harvin and he stayed healthy for a full season, they would win the Super Bowl. No question in my mind.

Offense wins championships, after all.

Tom Brady has never had a vertical weapon of Harvin's caliber. He's got two redzone threats in Gronk and Hernandez, but I can't imagine what they could do with the combination of a big play threat and those two TEs, not to mention their newfound running game.

Tom Brady has never had a vertical weapon of Harvin's caliber. He's got two redzone threats in Gronk and Hernandez, but I can't imagine what they could do with the combination of a big play threat and those two TEs, not to mention their newfound running game.

randy-moss-beard.jpg

• Upvote 1

randy-moss-beard.jpg

I shouldn't have used "vertical" as my key adjective, because Moss and Harvin are entirely different players and you (and everybody else) know how I meant it.

It seems to me that Harvin expects a contract based on potential and not known worth. There's this place called Earth that he needs to come back down to.

@AdamSchefter

Vikings trying to trade WR Percy Harvin and are in discussions with Seahawks, amongst other teams, per team sources. Seahawks favored

Edited by RogerGoodellSucks

Oh shit.

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

The Seahawks and Vikings have agreed to a trade that send Harvin to Seattle for draft picks, pending Harvin passing a physical

Wow, fuck the Vikings. They better have gotten an awesome deal. Seattle is going to be a very scary team if Harvin stays on the field.

Edited by RogerGoodellSucks

Wow... I have to say I never even considered us making this move. I'm not sure how I feel about it as I've never been a huge fan of Harvin. I'm assuming this was something Darell Bevell lobbied for being as he used to be OC in Minnesota, so he knows what Harvin can do and how to use him. I'm not sure I like trading away our first rounder for him when it sounded like there was a good chance he was headed for FA, but he was putting up some good numbers before he got hurt. If he can stay healthy he could finally take our passing game to the next level and make our offense just straight-up terrifying. The staying healthy bit is what worries me though.

Well, I've trusted Carroll so far so I'l just hope he knows what he's doing. So far these surprise twists of his have worked.

If we didn't at least get a second I'm gonna be pissed.

Edit: just saw the terms... I am content. :D

Edited by Vikingfan465

If we didn't at least get a second I'm gonna be pissed.

You got a first anf a seventh this year, and an undisclosed mid rounder for next year. Though we apparently stipulated he has to pass a physical before we do the trade.

Yeah... Sounds great for our end.

What is it with the Seahawks acquiring Vikings players? Sidney Rice, T-Jack and now Harvin. Weird.

Edited by Vin

What is it with the Seahawks acquiring Vikings players? Sidney Rice, T-Jack and now Harvin. Weird.

Remember Brian Russell?

The answer is quite simple. Our OC is Darell Bevell. Ex-Vikings OC. It is kind of funny how we've pillaged the entire Vikings offense though. We took their backup Qb and their two best recievers. I wonder if we can ge tthem to give us AP next?