Favre4Ever

2013 Mock Draft Game Sign-Up & Discussion

^ Yup. I said as much in the IP Chat. But I thought Blue's trade was pretty spectacular. Move up more than 10 spots for a 5th rounder and a guy I really like. Loved the move on his part.

Yeah I was curious why Werner fell all the way to 19. Didn't need him in Carolina nearly as much as secondary help, but I've seen him going in the top-3 in a lot of mocks.

I wanted to take Werner because he was by far the BPA, but didn't make any sense with Long and Quinn already there.

• Upvote 2

I should get Blue to teach me how to trade effectively. :nonono:

Also +1 Bucman for the... pleasant sig.

Blame Cuda and his flip-flopping.

Love the Warford pick in the 2nd for the Titans. Great value for a very underrated prospect IMO. Good job Air!

• Upvote 1

Love the Warford pick in the 2nd for the Titans. Great value for a very underrated prospect IMO. Good job Air!

I agreed immediately but then I remembered... do the Titans run a ZBS? I remember CJ struggling with the ZBS or something, not sure if they still use it. If they run a ZBS, Warford doesn't really fit IMO. He's a mauler or a "war daddy" as Mayock likes to say. ZBS guys are smaller, quicker, faster and are asked to move. Warford wouldn't be best utilized doing that.

I agreed immediately but then I remembered... do the Titans run a ZBS? I remember CJ struggling with the ZBS or something, not sure if they still use it. If they run a ZBS, Warford doesn't really fit IMO. He's a mauler or a "war daddy" as Mayock likes to say. ZBS guys are smaller, quicker, faster and are asked to move. Warford wouldn't be best utilized doing that.

Warford has fantastic athleticism for his size. One of his biggest pluses coming out of Kentucky is his versatility. He could play ZBS effectively, though I'm expecting us to play more man given during CJ's resurgence and the offensive line's improvement over the middle of the year, it was mostly us playing man and not zone. It also fits our line a lot better. Velasco and Hutchinson aren't exactly the greatest athletes. They're maulers. While Stewart is more athletic than you might think, he's coming off a broken leg, and may very well have to rely mostly on his strength now rather than speed and quickness. Roos is capable of either one.

Given how much better the line played(when healthy) in a man blocking scheme, and how much better CJ was running, I can't see us going back to zone.

Can't think of a better landing spot for Jesse Williams than Baltimore.

I may be looking to trade back up

I should get Blue to teach me how to trade effectively. :nonono:

Also +1 Bucman for the... pleasant sig.

Just make sure you trade with Vin..

:troll:

Maybe I should learn from this advice

Edited by Arz

I know Mayock said a lot of teams were grading Williams as a 3rd-rounder, but I've liked what I've seen out of him, and I've always had it in mind to grab him in round 2 if he was there. Plus, the Panthers don't have a 3rd round pick, (thanks again, Hurney), so it was grab him now or never, as there is no way he is there in round 4. Despite the Panthers problems on defense, including the deep hole at DT, we have to have a solid #2 WR, and Williams is just about the last guy I can count on to become that.

Didn't Socal just get insane value with his Banks pick?

Pretty happy with both my picks. Elam makes the Rams secondary a helluva lot better and Thomas helps some of my line.

Pretty happy with both my picks. Elam makes the Rams secondary a helluva lot better and Thomas helps some of my line.

I hate you, so much.

Elam is the guy I wanted to trade up and pick.

How could you do this to me? :(

Didn't really want to double up on CB's, but I didn't like any of the pass rushers that were there and Ryan has experience in Schiano's D and we know that Schiano loves Rutgers guys.

I hate you, so much.

Elam is the guy I wanted to trade up and pick.

How could you do this to me? :(

I didn't think he would last this long, it was better I just stay put and fill 2 needs rather then trade down risk losing one of them.

Anyone want to trade up to #59 overall? PM me. :yep:

I didn't think he would last this long, it was better I just stay put and fill 2 needs rather then trade down risk losing one of them.

I considered taking Elam with my pick but its not as much of a need for us as CB is, plus I had to pull the trigger on Banks with him still sitting there.

I realize people are down on Banks lately because of the combine but he was the top rated senior CB entering the 2012 season and he won the thorpe award for best DB for a reason, boy can ball.

Not as big on Elam as a lot of people. He struggles in coverage a lot, at times looking completely lost. But man can he thump. Hit stick extraordinaire. A pretty extreme player, in that the bads are pretty bad but the goods are really good.

• Upvote 2

Vin makes my soul cry... Robert Woods should have been a Packer. And probably will be after the real draft. :shifty:

Is it just me or do other people have teams with identical needs. Having the cowboys and Ravens, both need o line, d line, and safety. It kinda sucks to have to give dallas players I want to be Ravens. :(