Dutch

Which QB age 25 and under will have the better 2013?

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB age 25 and under has the better 2013 season?

• Andrew Luck
    • Cam Newton
    • RG3
    • Russell Wilson
    • Ryan Tannehill
    • Josh Freeman
    • Sam Braford
    • Andy Dalton
    • Christian Ponder
    • Colin Kaepernick
    • Matthew Stafford

Which young QB on this list will have the best 2013 season?

Edited by dutchff7

I went with Freeman. It hasn't been a question of if he can be a good quarterback, especially last season, it was just the question of if he can do it consistently. I think that will change this year and he will finally stay consistent for the most part. If Doug Martin can continue to run the football well, I think that Freeman should be able to produce with Jackson and Williams in his arsenal.

I will say though, if RG3 comes out healthy and his knee is stable, he's just as good of a guess here.

Went with Ryan Tannehill. They added Mike Wallace in the offseason who has improved their receiving corps a lot. Reggie Bush is gone but I'm a Lamar Miller believer and I think this guy can produce.

• Upvote 1

RG3.

Assuming the medical pans out he is the best QB on that list hands down. He is just a good a passer as Luck, arguably better, on top of his freakish athleticism. People talk about how Luck turned a terrible team into a playoff contender, but Washington was also pretty terrible before he got there. If I had to choose a 2nd QB it would be a toss up between Newton, Wilson, and Luck, with a slight edge towards Wilson.

Tough one, but I will go with Wilson. Accurate, big arm, clutch, not injury prone, and has the best team around him.

Tough one, but I will go with Wilson. Accurate, big arm, clutch, not injury prone, and has the best team around him.

Pretty much why I'm going with Wilson too. I dunno exactly what it is, but I just believe in the guy. He's easily my favorite young QB in the league right now.

I can't tell if this is a joke, or an extreme case of homerism.

It was a joke. :ninja:

You've got Sam Bradford on your list, but left Colin Kaepernick off...

:ban:

Oh dam. Knew I was forgetting somebody.

Struggled between Wilson, and Tannehill of the choices. Like RANGA said, no Kaep? Would of went with Wilson over him regardless I guess though. For all the reasons already noted above. I think Tannehill is gonna make serious leaps this year, I can see Freeman and Newton having really good years too statistically.

I think Luck cuts down on the INT's big time this year. If he can do that then he's a pretty safe bet here.

I think that both Kaepernick and Griffin will be brought down to Earth this year, much like Newton was. The athletic scrambling QB doesn't work forever, and as banged up as every other team in the NFC East was last year, I think that had something to do with Griffin's success.

I think Kaepernick showed some weaknesses in the Super Bowl, especially with his tendency to bullet passes. He threw a couple bad ones that sailed, so if teams can stop him from running the ball, they'll be able to pressure him into bad passes as well.

No disrespect to 9ers and 'skins fans, but QBs ALWAYS have their rookie mistakes, even if they were successful in year one. I think Wilson will have his mistakes, too, but I like the team around him a lot more than the other two I mentioned.

Mike Wallace is overrated, so I'm not jumping on the Tannehil bandwagon. He'll be solid, anyway, but not prolific.

I think Luck cuts down on the INT's big time this year. If he can do that then he's a pretty safe bet here.

I went Luck also. Just really like the weapons they have over there.

Edited by Bay

Oh dam. Knew I was forgetting somebody.

Better :yep:

Kaepernick is probably one of the hardest to judge, though tbh. He was kind of up and down.. The division is getting harder... He's no Alex Smith. :laugh:

Sam Bradford and Kaepernick. Although Tanehill is right up there too as a dark horse imo. The addition of a possible top 10 receiver, among others will really help him this upcoming season.

Andrew Luck, and it will not be close.

The two best QBs on this list are Andrew Luck and Cam Newton. Luck offensively has more to work with and is being reunited with his Stanford OC. We will see how that will translate to the NFL but familiarity is always a plus. Cam is getting a brand new OC and has less to work with. This may be a good thing because last years play calling was horrible but it's more of an unknown. If Cam can get some help in the running game then I wouldn't count him out but I'm going to go with Luck.

The addition of Darrius Heward-Bey adds a new dimension to their offense; the speed element. With Luck at the helm, Darrius can be a dangerous homerun threat imo. This will also give guys like a Reggie Wayne and T.Y Hilton a chance to eat defenses up between the numbers. T.Y Hilton has also proved to be a burner as well with several TD passes over 40 yards or more.

As for the other QBs, I see Russell Wilson still having a good year, I think RG3 will do okay but not the same success as last year, and I think Tanneill will improve a lot from last year. Kaepernick I'm not sure about. It will be interesting to see him start off from the beginning of the season next year instead of adding on to Alex Smith's previous success.

Also

I think that both Kaepernick and Griffin will be brought down to Earth this year, much like Newton was.

Why do people keep saying this? Cam Newton didn't have a bad year. His numbers were very close to his rookie seasons numbers. This is his rookie year - sophomore year

Rookie year- 4051 yards, 21 TDs, 17 int, 60%, 84.5 qbr, 709 rushing yards & 14 rushing TDs.

Sophomore year- 3869 yards, 19 TDs, 12 int, 57.7%, 86.2 qbr, 741 rushing yards & 8 rushing TDs.

I think Cam was still in the same stratosphere as his rookie year. Just got lost in all the RG3, Luck, and Wilson hype.

• Upvote 1

I still think it's Wilson, he's head and shoulders above a lot of guys right now, Kaepernick could give him some competition, but losing his number one receiver has to hurt a little bit.