Bay

What team that won their division has the worst chance of winning it again?

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which Division winner from a season ago do you think has the worst chance of winning it again?

• Patriots
    • Ravens
    • Texans
    • Broncos
    • Redskins
    • Packers
    • Falcons
    • 49ers

Going off JD's thread.

Redskins. RG3 is questionable to play and that division is always competitive.

Yeah gotta be the Redskins :yep:

In order...

1.Redskins

2.Ravens

3.49ers

4.Falcons

5.Packers

6.Broncos

7.Texans

8.Patriots

Keep in mind, this isn't going off who I think the best teams are, but you have to keep in mind the competition they'll face. I think the 49ers are better than most teams on this list, but they are gonna face big heat from the Seahawks. I think the Patriots are pretty overrated but nobody in that division can touch them yet.

The Redskins are the easy pick in the most unpredictable division in football.

Redskins are an easy pick, but I feel like we'll see half of these teams fail to repeat. Money on the 49ers (Seahawks, so good), Ravens (bengals and Steelers, so good) and significiantly less money on the Texans (surprise... Jags?)

Redskins are an easy pick, but I feel like we'll see half of these teams fail to repeat. Money on the 49ers (Seahawks, so good), Ravens (bengals and Steelers, so good) and significiantly less money on the Texans (surprise... Jags?)

which I believe would make it about an average season, in 2011 and 2012 only the NFC East and NFC South saw different teams win, but only the Patriots won their division in both 2010 and 2011, in 2009 and 2010 only the Patriots and Colts won their division twice, in 2008 and 2009 only the Chargers, Vikings, and Cardinals won their division twice, I could keep going but I think the point is illustrated, based on the historical precedent nobody should be surprised if there are 4-5 new division champs next year

also, the Ravens are at a league leading streak of 5 straight playoff appearances, so they're due to miss one

Edited by oochymp

Redskins because all those teams are pretty close in talent and RG3 status is always gonna be up in the air with his style of play.

This. There will be others obviously, but if it's "the worst chance of winning the division again", the Redskins are that team. Lot of question marks in a division that has a few teams that will give them a run for their money.

Ravens because the Steelers are winning it.

• Upvote 1

If I'm not mistaken, no NFC South team has ever won back to back division titles. History doesn't bode well for us. :ph34r:

• Upvote 2

Clearly the niners :biggrin:

Seriously though, I think the biggest issue for them is going to be law of averages. That defense functions when Justin Smith is in there. IMO, he's an MVP candidate in the truest sense. He's well north of 30 now, and SF has ridden him mercilessly over the last three years. In fact I'd submit that their abhorrence of playing depth players since Harbaugh has taken over is going to catch up to them this year. You can't tempt the injury Gods like that repeatedly and come out unscathed.

SF is not the same defense without Smith. And I suspect they will start to pay the piper of having 13 players play over 90% of the defensive snaps for the last 2 years running. By comparison, Seattle had 8 depth players with more snaps played than the 12th backup (snaps wise) for San Francisco.

They have key components now at an advanced age. Components they have not remotely replaced. They have a great core coming into their prime. And another set of core players just barely approaching their prime. I don't see any player on the roster that can replace Smith. Like Seattle with Earl Thomas -- he's the one player you can't lose and can't replace. Earl is 24 though. Smith is 34.

San Francisco's toughest stretch of the schedule comes late in the year. That's where their age, and unwillingness to play their depth is going to be taxed the most. I can easily see a lot of on paper wins dropping into the loss column as a result.

That, and it's real tough to remain competitive over a three year run. I just expect to see a very different roster by week 13 than we see heading into training camp.

Gonna kinda copy Zack here...

Falcons because FUCK the Falcons!

• Upvote 1

If I'm not mistaken, no NFC South team has ever won back to back division titles. History doesn't bode well for us. :ph34r:

You are not mistaken my friend! That's why I'm going with Atlanta, just based on what you said. No one's ever won the NFCS in consecutive years.