BLUE

Aaron Hernandez Found Guilty of 1st Degree Murder

LMAO at that woman. Hun.. pls :yao:

You'd have to be the dumbest group of jurors ever to acquit him. Literally everything that's come out makes it glaringly obvious that he is guilty. Thank gawd they got rid of this chick.

LMAO at that woman. Hun.. pls :yao:

You'd have to be the dumbest group of jurors ever to acquit him. Literally everything that's come out makes it glaringly obvious that he is guilty. Thank gawd they got rid of this chick.

It's pretty clear that this dude is a straight up thug. There's no question. He's an animal that the country will be safer with behind bars. Unfortunately, that doesn't matter. With enough money and a good enough lawyer, reasonable doubt becomes much more reasonable for whatever reason.

Now I'm not usually one to wish ill on others and whatnot, but I hope this dude gets convicted. He can't just go around shooting people for no reason and get away with it, or at least I hope he can't.

• Upvote 1

Media can paint Hernandez in any light they want, the thing is we don't have access to all the court documents and evidence so it's an odd place to be a viewer of this whole situation through a media scope. On one hand we have all the news sources saying he's guilty. On another hand we have a 2 year trial with constant evidence dissection by jurors. I'd say if it was so cut and dry we'd have already had a verdict.

On another hand we have a 2 year trial with constant evidence dissection by jurors. I'd say if it was so cut and dry we'd have already had a verdict.

you'd think so, but they just did jury selection for the guy who shot up a Colorado theater on The Dark Knight's opening night two and a half years ago, granted that trial involves the death penalty and sanity issues, which extend things, but high profile trials generally take a lot longer, I think starting the trial within a year and a half is actually pretty good

Edited by oochymp
  • Upvote 1

He's gonna be found not guilty. Just a heads up.

I agree.

Then the question becomes whether the NFL will ever let him back in.

Media can paint Hernandez in any light they want, the thing is we don't have access to all the court documents and evidence so it's an odd place to be a viewer of this whole situation through a media scope. On one hand we have all the news sources saying he's guilty. On another hand we have a 2 year trial with constant evidence dissection by jurors. I'd say if it was so cut and dry we'd have already had a verdict.

I had a court case for a misdemeanor with a lawyer that I paid a $500 retainer, and THAT thing was dragged out for roughly 4-5 moths and ended with me eventually taking a plea "deal" (not such a good deal :lol: ) and never actually going to court or even sniffing a jury. I probably could have drug that out for a year, give or take a couple of months, and that was, as I said, just a misdemeanor.

The Hernandez case is about ending and forever changing lives—plural—with much higher paid counsel than what I had. This thing is far from over. Hell, it's barely even gotten started. Add to that the fact that he's got another murder case waiting for him after this one, and he might be over the hill before it's all said and done. Either way, I can't ever see him dawning another NFL jersey unless he buys one from the mall or Ebay or something like that.

Still, you can talk about the media painting this guy in a certain light all that you want, but some of the evidence that is being questioned and thrown out sounds pretty damning. Hell, if it was just dribble, why would he bother trying to get it all thrown out? This isn't some case of a poor misunderstood kid that's in trouble for stealing bread and milk from Mr. McConor's corner store so that his little sister doesn't starve to death. The dude is going around shooting people. In the face. For spilling beverages. It's like that part in the movie "Liar Liar".

Hernandez's lawyers be like:

"Overruled..."

If he walks I will write and perform a love song about Joe Flacco on camera and post it online.

• Upvote 1

I had a court case for a misdemeanor with a lawyer that I paid a $500 retainer, and THAT thing was dragged out for roughly 4-5 moths and ended with me eventually taking a plea "deal" (not such a good deal :lol: ) and never actually going to court or even sniffing a jury. I probably could have drug that out for a year, give or take a couple of months, and that was, as I said, just a misdemeanor.

The Hernandez case is about ending and forever changing lives—plural—with much higher paid counsel than what I had. This thing is far from over. Hell, it's barely even gotten started. Add to that the fact that he's got another murder case waiting for him after this one, and he might be over the hill before it's all said and done. Either way, I can't ever see him dawning another NFL jersey unless he buys one from the mall or Ebay or something like that.

Still, you can talk about the media painting this guy in a certain light all that you want, but some of the evidence that is being questioned and thrown out sounds pretty damning. Hell, if it was just dribble, why would he bother trying to get it all thrown out? This isn't some case of a poor misunderstood kid that's in trouble for stealing bread and milk from Mr. McConor's corner store so that his little sister doesn't starve to death. The dude is going around shooting people. In the face. For spilling beverages. It's like that part in the movie "Liar Liar".

I will admit to making a mistake in saying that if it was so easy to decide it'd be over by now. However, I think you've misunderstood the point. The point is that we've already decided to view Hernandez as guilty by the "evidence" that has come out at this point. If we have done so, why has the jury not found him guilty and sentenced him? Obviously there is enough to continue to hold him in jail, but if it was as simple as the media makes it out to be it'd be over already.

Agreed, Hernandez will never play in the NFL again.

The evidence can seem pretty damning when you don't have exact replicas or documents from the courts. The point is that funneling all opinions on the situation from a media outlet is drinking poisoned water. Not everything said may be true, especially because no media source has unlimited access to evidence. Of course we have press releases and such from the courts but that's it. What are the odds the courts let something slip to the media in such a high-profile case?

so, if I'm reading you right Chernobyl (and please correct me if not) you were saying that the length of the trial indicates that there's a lot more information out there which is not available to the media/public?

if that's what you're getting at, you're almost undoubtedly right (any prosecutor who's an open book to the public is an idiot) but long trial does not mean there's really a question, our criminal justice system takes a while regardless of the strength of the evidence, particularly with such a high profile case

• Upvote 1

so, if I'm reading you right Chernobyl (and please correct me if not) you were saying that the length of the trial indicates that there's a lot more information out there which is not available to the media/public?

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. The media is making it seem incredibly black and white, while there is a lot more information that has to go through the courts that can make or break the verdict.

Posted by Mike Florio on February 10, 2015, 2:49 PM EST
Previously, Aaron Hernandez’s lawyers feared that the player’s fiancée had struck a deal with prosecutors to testify against Hernandez in exchange for immunity from her pending charge of lying to a grand jury.

Those fears have come to fruition, in the form an agreement that is no longer a secret.

Per multiple reports, Shayanna Jenkins has been granted immunity and will testify against Hernandez.

It’s a horrible sign for Hernandez, who now faces the introduction of chapter-and-verse details from Jenkins regarding things said and done by Hernandez before and after the body of Odin Lloyd was found in an industrial park near Hernandez’s home in North Attleboro. And since Hernandez and Jenkins weren’t married, anything he said to her can and will be used against him at trial, without the benefit of the marital privilege.

Hernandez’s laywers surely will attack his fiancée’s credibility by pointing out that she has wiggled off the legal hook by agreeing to testify against Hernandez. Still, Jenkins had Hernandez’s baby. She was engaged to marry him. Even if she’s protecting herself by doing it, she’s giving what potentially will be damning testimony against Hernandez.

Source: ProFootballTalk

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/story.asp?i=20150225110522799311008&ref=hea&tm=&src=

FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) A shell casing found in a car rented by ex-New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez and at the scene of a killing near his home were fired from the same weapon, a state police sergeant testified Wednesday.

Five shell casings were found near where Odin Lloyd was shot to death June 17, 2013, in an industrial park not far from the Hernandez home in North Attleborough. An employee of a rental car business has previously testified that she found one shell casing under the driver's seat of Hernandez's rented Nissan Altima, which he returned the day of the killing.

Police later found that shell casing in a trash bin at the business.

Sgt. Stephen Walsh testified Wednesday that his examination determined all six .45-caliber casings were fired by the same gun. He said they were consistent with having been fired from a Glock.

The murder weapon has never been found.

During cross-examination, the defense went after Walsh for not looking more thoroughly for ways to match the bullets, such as by contacting the manufacturer or by checking a national database for comparing bullets.

Hernandez is history.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/story.asp?i=20150227101507928619608&ref=hea&tm=&src=

FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) Texts and phone records shown to jurors Friday in the murder trial of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez showed that several messages he exchanged with a co-defendant before the killing were deleted from his phone.

Evidence presented to the jury Friday also showed multiple calls placed from the phone of co-defendant Ernest Wallace to the victim, Odin Lloyd, in the hours before he was killed, including the same minute that Lloyd was seen getting into a car outside his home about an hour before he died early on June 17, 2013.

The records showed that Hernandez, at times using his lawyer's phone, called Wallace repeatedly the night of June 17 after police had gone to his home and asked him to come to the station while they investigated Lloyd's death.

Ricardo Leal, who works for the phone company Sprint, testified for 3.5 hours Friday.

Prosecutor Patrick Bomberg went through dozens of nondeleted text messages Hernandez exchanged with Wallace in the days surrounding the killing. Prosecutors have previously said Lloyd sent his last text to his sister at 3:23 a.m. and was killed within minutes, shot to death at an industrial park near Hernandez's home in North Atteborough.

Lloyd was dating the sister of Hernandez's fiancee.

Wallace and a third man, Carlos Ortiz, are also charged and have pleaded not guilty. They will be tried separately. Prosecutors have said Hernandez orchestrated the killing.

Bomberg on Friday showed the jury several texts from Hernandez to Wallace hours before the killing in which Hernandez pushed Wallace to come see him.

One, at 9:02 p.m., said "Please make it back Cuz Im Def trying to step for a little." Another, at 10:23 p.m., told him to "hurry up" with a couple of expletives.

On June 11, Hernandez asked Wallace if he removed everything from a car, "clip and cds and everything?" The following day, he tells Wallace he needs "those keys" and things are "crazy."

"U gotta listen yo," he writes. "I need them by 6 man please head back now."

A few hours later, early on June 13, he writes: "I wanted to kill u but u kno I love u hit me tomorrow get some rest and tell the rest I love them."

Leal testified that several other text messages that appeared in records did not appear on the phone. It's not clear yet whether investigators were able to retrieve them.

He also testified that records showed Wallace's phone was used to call Lloyd five times between 1:22 a.m. and 2:32 a.m. on June 17. Video surveillance previously shown to the jury showed Lloyd getting into the back seat of a sedan at 2:32 a.m. outside his home.

Lloyd's body was found the evening of June 17, and police soon tied him to Hernandez because Lloyd had a key in his pocket to a Chevrolet Suburban that Hernandez had rented. That night, police went to Hernandez's home and asked him to go to the police station, which he did.

Video from the police station parking lot previously shown to the jury showed Hernandez using his lawyer's phone to make several calls.

Phone records introduced Friday showed Hernandez repeatedly calling Wallace the night of June 17 and early the next morning, often using the lawyer's phone. More than a dozen calls were made to Wallace that night between 9:47 p.m. and about 2:20 a.m. from Hernandez's phone, his lawyer's phone or the phone of his fiancee, Shayanna Jenkins.

Phone records introduced Friday also showed several calls placed from Wallace's phone to Oscar Hernandez, who has been tied to a gun found in Aaron Hernandez's home and who pleaded guilty last month to lying to a grand jury, witness tampering, obstruction of justice and a gun conspiracy charge. The two Hernandezes are not related.

After the killing, records showed Oscar Hernandez calling Wallace's phone several times, Leal testified.

Guess I was wrong.

Good.

He got convicted because he didn't need to have pulled the trigger in order to be found guilty. Not that I don't agree with the verdict, but that put a nail in his coffin.

He got convicted because an insane crazy person who goes around shooting people in the face over spilled drinks and cell phone disputes. He's got another murder trial that they haven't even set a date for yet. Not that it should matter much to him at this point since he's a lifer already. A life sentence without the possibility of parole... Damn.