Favre4Ever

Elite Nominations

If you have not yet read about the Elite System Overhaul, please do so now.

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65784-new-system-for-elite-members/

This thread will be the first step in electing our new class of Elite Members.

Please nominate members by simply posting their username below in order of worthiness -- in your opinion. Your top choice should be (5) and your 5th choice should be (1). Your choices will be awarded witht he number of points you give them, and the top X (will depend on how many votes and names we get) vote-getters will move on to the election thread.

Staff members are not eligible, and you may choose to post fewer than 5 choices if you would like.

Thank you and Good Luck to all members,

Vin, JD, & the entire TGP Staff

EDIT: Also, feel free to send your nominations Via PM to Vin or I!

Edited by Favre4Ever

I'm basing my list off of level of post/board activity, quality of post, and contributions.

Thanatos

Ngata

Sarge

Bucman

Bay

seanbrock

butta

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 1

Ngata

Sarge

Dutch

Bay

Butta55

BTW Dutch, thats 6 people.

Edited by Bucman

If you know me, you know that I can never limit lists to only 5 >_>

Thanatos19

blotsfan

monstersofthemidway

Bay

Tridentdawgpound

SteVo

Sarge

Bay

Stevo

Sarge

Thantos

Ngata

Blots

I suppose we can take more than that. As long as you are sincere about it and not throwing in a J&D or something. lmao

SteVo

Sarge

monstersofthemidway

oochymp

NaTaS

and if we're allowed 7:

blotsfan

Thanatos

Edited by Bay

I suppose we can take more than that. As long as you are sincere about it and not throwing in a J&D or something. lmao

So that means I can't nominate Mikey?

• Upvote 2

Gonna go with my Elite Eight :yep:

oochymp

blots

Ngata

Thanatos

Bay

Natas

Stevo

Sarge

Blots

SteVo

Dutch

Sarge

Dmac

Bay

Thanatos

Edited by GA_Eagle

Bay

Sarge

SteVo

Thanatos

motm

blots

seanbrock

SteVo

blots

Bay

motm

Trident

NaTaS

oochymp

Wow. I honestly wasn't expecting votes (other than from glorious-leader zack). So loved :wub:

I won't vote for myself since that seems pretty low-class

Sarge

Stevo

JF4L

Phail

GA

My List has 10:

housemd

SteVo

NaTaS

Sarge

Bay

Thanatos

Blots

Ngata

Trident

oochymp

is that too many?

My List has 10:

housemd

SteVo

NaTaS

Sarge

Bay

Thanatos

Blots

Ngata

Trident

oochymp

is that too many?

I appreciate your vote,but I'm a staff member so I'm ineligible.

Sarge

SteVo

blots

Bay

BoneKrusher

Trident

Ngata

Thantos

Bucman

Mine are unranked. I kept it under 10 and I could have added more, these are just guys I feel are definitely worthy of recognition for their continued support of these forums. Without their addition, both historically and currently, this board would not be the same.

Edited by NaTaS

I appreciate your vote,but I'm a staff member so I'm ineligible.

i knew i should have read the original post again. :biggrin:

In that case, I'll go with six. I'm comfortable with this list; I wouldn't want to figure out who to cut if I absolutely had to make a top five.

Bay, blots, oochymp, Sarge, Thanatos, Trident.

These are listed alphabetically. I know you said, F4E, that you want these ranked, but it is impossible for me to rank one TGP member against another. Each member provides their own individual contribution, and those contributions as a whole make TGP what it is. I cannot rank these six, all of whom I consider elite, higher than one another.

Edited by SteVo

since it looks like nobody's following instructions, I'm not going to either :p

I'm taking SteVo's approach and listing six alphabetically, I have a lot of trouble coming up with a ranking

Bay

blotsfan

NaTaS

Sarge

SteVo

Thanatos

Guest Phailadelphia

Blots

Thanatos

Sarge

Stevo

Bay

I didn't put these in any particular order. I see the same 5 names in here a lot so I don't think it's going to matter.

Edited by Phailadelphia

(5) Stevo

(4) Sarge

(3) Bay

(2) Trident

(1) Thanatos

Obviously don't mean any disrespect to leaving anyone off as I could also make a list of 10+ members worthy of this distinction but I decided to give it a try the way JD intended.

^seconded. I used to post on a ton of football message boards. There's a reason this is the only one I'm at all active on.

It was very hard for me to leave a few people off my list. I think it just speaks even more to the environment that we have created here. I doubt many other sites have as many members who are equally deserving of the title of "elite" member when you sit and think about what a lot of members bring to the table here. This thread just proves even more that I would never trade TGP as it is now for any other site on the web. I've been here basically since the beginning and the site only gets better as time goes on, at a time when message board usage is in a steep decline.

We're not going anywhere. In my mind the results of these nominations only mean so much. There are definitely a few people who won't get the elite title this time around that I could never imagine TGP not having for one reason or another. The best part is these members probably know who they are, and they won't be offended about not getting nominated. It's hard to vote when you're forced to pick 6 or 7 from a list that could easily span 10-15 people. I'm not saying we need more elite members than what is being allowed. I'm merely saying that it's a testament to how great of a site we really have built that it's so hard to narrow down a group of elite members. It's a good problem to have.

Sarge pretty much nailed it. The only thing now is that the number of candidates members provided is skewed because we have members listing 5-10 people.

The only thing now is that the number of candidates members provided is skewed because we have members listing 5-10 people.

I, and many others I'm sure, have confidence that the staff is capable of sorting it out properly.