Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Manning or Brady

Peyton Manning or Tom Brady  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Peyton Manning or Tom Brady

• Manning
    • Brady

Take your pick. I am sick of talking about the young QBs tonight.

Manning or Brady. :panic:

Which one have you always preferred/think is better?

These debates have been endless on Colts forums for so many years!! I am curious to see what various fans of other teams have to say in it.

Either one is fine with me btw!

Brady's my 2nd greatest QB ever.

Manning would probably be somewhere around the 8 to 10 range.

Tom Brady by a substantial margin.

Well...this famous TGP "debate" hasn't been brought up in a while...

...what the hell...

...I'd go Brady.

It's not as easy of a choice, IMO, as some say/think, but Brady is undoubtably one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game.

Statistically, they're pretty evenly matched. But Brady has been markedly better in the postseason. So Brady.

Brady has historically done more with less. I'd go Brady. If Tom terrific produces this year there will be no question.

Brady and its not even close in my eyes. They are both great regular season QBs, but Brady is the better post-season QB.

Brady's my 2nd greatest QB ever.

Manning would probably be somewhere around the 8 to 10 range.

I'm going to guess Montana is your #1, but I'm interested to know who the other 6-8 QB's are on your list that beat a 4-time MVP.

Statistically, they're pretty evenly matched. But Brady has been markedly better in the postseason. So Brady.

This is the main reason I'll say Brady as well. It is interesting to note how easily Manning transitioned to another team and helped turn them into AFC favorites that same year (although they did still lose). Brady will never play for another team, so we'll never know if he could do the same. I'm guessing he could, but it's hard to say.

Edited by Phins4life
  • Upvote 1

I'm going to guess Montana is your #1, but I'm interested to know who the other 6-8 QB's are on your list that beat a 4-time MVP.

This is the main reason I'll say Brady as well. It is interesting to note how easily Manning transitioned to another team and helped turn them into AFC favorites that same year (although they did still lose). Brady will never play for another team, so we'll never know if he could do the same. I'm guessing he could, but it's hard to say.

Manning is a 4 time MVP but in 2009 when Manning won his last MVP season, Aaron Rodgers was better in every category except total yards (trailed by 66 yards) and TD's (trailed by 3). Rodgers though threw 9 less INT's. Rodgers alson rushed for 5 TD's though. If you count that, Rodgers actually scored more TD's and accounted for more yards than Peyton. Oh and Rodgers did that while being sacked 50 FUCKING TIMES!!!! He was clearly better than Manning that year.

Peyton Manning has been the NFL's darling and poster boy since he entered the league. I don't think all those MVP's are justified, ESPECIALLY the '09 year. I could make a big argument for Big Ben winning it in '08. On the surface Peyton's stats were way better but Ben played behind a truly awful o line that year. He just flat out made plays for that team and willed them to a Super Bowl victory.I think something like 8 of the teams the Steelers played that year were top 10 defenses. I'm not sure anyone BUT Ben Roethlisberger could have done what he did that year. One of the most impressive seasons I've seen from a QB despite the ugly TD\INT ratio and completion %

Brees should have won the MVP one year when Peyton did, and A-Rod should have had it the other year. Using # of MVPs to say a QB is better than the elite ones doesn't work in my eyes. I mean, sure, the guy is good if he gets an MVP, that's hard to argue. He may not have been the absolute best in the league, but he had a great season.

Brees should have won the MVP one year when Peyton did, and A-Rod should have had it the other year. Using # of MVPs to say a QB is better than the elite ones doesn't work in my eyes. I mean, sure, the guy is good if he gets an MVP, that's hard to argue. He may not have been the absolute best in the league, but he had a great season.

The NFL is a business. On top of being one of the all time great QB's Peyton Manning is the PERFECT face for the league. He's white(yes that makes a difference), he's charismatic and funny and generally most people like him. It's a big reason why the league has always wanted to prop him up. Not that he's not great. I'm not the guys biggest fan but I can't deny the fact that he's played a big part in changing the way the game is played today with the way he started running that no huddle offense with Tom Moore. He's one of the greatest ever, but he got handed a couple MVP's imo and he's always been a little over hyped because he's such a marketable player.

I am honestly quite surprised but overwhelmingly proud at the level of Peyton hate on this forum.

• Upvote 1

It's not a landslide by any means in my opinion. Peyton is the best and smartest on field offensive conductor the game has ever seen. He changed the game with his on field audibles changing to plays and picked defenses apart. Also his fake gimmicking audible calls to throw the defense off their game. Phins brought up a great point about Peyton. Peyton was successful with the Colts and easily transitioned to the Broncos. Could Brady do the same? Who knows. Take Peyton away from the Colts, they crumble. Take Brady away from the Patriots, they went 11-5. That goes to show how good their roster/system was. When you think about Peyton's legacy, it will always be just Peyton (and play off losses). But when people look back at Brady's legacy, it will always be connected with Bill Belichick and his genius. No one will ever know how much that attributed to his success. Even with that said though, I'd still have to take Brady. He played better in the play offs more when Peyton had some bad games there.

Edited by dutchff7
  • Downvote 1

One thing that has always bothered me about Peyton Manning being credited for running the no huddle is that Tom Moore(his long time offensive coordinator) has NEVER gotten any credit. Ask Peyton Manning himself how much Moore had to do with it and I'm sure he tell you he had a lot to do with the success of that offense.

Peyton is the best and smartest on field offensive conductor the game has ever seen. He changed the game with his on field audibles changing to plays and picked defenses apart. Also his fake gimmicking audible calls to throw the defense off their game. Phins brought up a great point about Peyton. Peyton was successful with the Colts and easily transitioned to the Broncos.

Wow am I the only one taking Peyton?

He has had a successful career when it comes to the postseason...one bad year and it was his third year in the league.

Postseason Stats

Dutch's first line says it all IMO. I also think Brady benefited from the Pats being a great team when they won their rings just like Peyton did when the Colts finally put it all together.

Brady will never play for another team, so we'll never know if he could do the same. I'm guessing he could, but it's hard to say.

Never say never...

Chiefs_Montana_first_game.jpg

joenamath-rams.jpg

brett-favre-vikings1.jpg

WarrenMoon8X10Seahawks.jpg

Unitas_Johnny_Chargers.jpg

I am honestly quite surprised but overwhelmingly proud at the level of Peyton hate on this forum.

Not sure if serious...

Wow am I the only one taking Peyton?

He has had a successful career when it comes to the postseason...one bad year and it was his third year in the league.

Postseason Stats

Dutch's first line says it all IMO. I also think Brady benefited from the Pats being a great team when they won their rings just like Peyton did when the Colts finally put it all together.

Manning is 9-11 in the playoffs, while Brady is 17-6. While it's not entirely Manning's fault in all of those games, he does deserve to shoulder a good chunk of the blame. He chokes in the playoffs with boneheaded pick-sixes, fumbles, etc. that has earned himself a losing postseason record.

His lone Super Bowl win came from a surge from the defense, running game, and going up against lolRexGrossman. Anybody who thinks Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady is just being delusional.

• Upvote 2

pretty much my thought process

Manning is 9-11 in the playoffs, while Brady is 17-6. While it's not entirely Manning's fault in all of those games, he does deserve to shoulder a good chunk of the blame. He chokes in the playoffs with boneheaded pick-sixes, fumbles, etc. that has earned himself a losing postseason record.

His lone Super Bowl win came from a surge from the defense, running game, and going up against lolRexGrossman. Anybody who thinks Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady is just being delusional.

Individually, despite the playoff record, they are pretty much even with Brady being slightly better. So I don't think I'm being delusional by any stretch. :sleep:

Edited by BJORN

Individually, despite the playoff record, they are pretty much even with Brady being slightly better. So I don't think I'm being delusional by any stretch. :sleep:

Well despite Super Bowl titles, Matt Schaub and Troy Aikman are pretty much even. Your argument doesn't make sense when you're taking away one of the most important aspects as to why Brady > Manning.

You're looking at stats when you should be going back and actually re-watching the playoff games themselves that reveal more than just numbers. Manning consistently created bone-headed turnovers when it mattered most regardless of how well or not well the rest of the team was playing.

• Upvote 1

So... What you're saying is that if we ignore all the ways Brady is better that he and Manning are pretty equal? Yeah, great logic.

Brady plays much better when it counts. He has an obscenely better playoff record. Not to mention 3 rings to Peyton's 1 ring that he wasn't even really responsible for winning. Manning played like ass that entire postseason. He was lucky to have a defense that was good enough to keep pulling his nuts out of the fire.

I really don't understand how this is even a discussion. Brady blows the overhyped schmuck that is Peyton Manning completely out of the water. Keep in mind that this is coming from someone who DESPISES Tom Brady and the Patriots in general. It's just that obvious.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Exactly this. I have no hate for Peyton Manning, I think he's a ridiculously good QB, but he's not had the same success as Tom Brady in the post-season.