BC

Most Anticipated games of 2013

A week from training camp, two weeks from the Hall Of Fame Game. Let's fuel it up :rock:

Denver at Indianapolis, Week 7 -- When Brett Favre returned to Green Bay for the first time as a Viking in 2009, and Donovan McNabb made the short trip from Washington to Philadelphia in 2010, there was still quite a bit of lingering tension in the air between them and their longtime former employees. Somehow I don't think that's going to be quite the same case for Peyton Manning's celebrated return to Indianapolis. Maybe because everybody involved has moved on so successfully. Maybe because Colts fans still love Manning and Manning still loves Indianapolis.

It's like that rare divorce where the onetime partners are still friends and see each other socially.

Manning versus Andrew Luck for the first time, in the house that Peyton built, will make the get-together that much more interesting. You just know No. 18 isn't going to want to be upstaged by the whippersnapper who replaced him. Not in that stadium, against the guys with the horseshoes on their helmets. But it won't be bitter, no matter what. Both teams made the playoffs last season, then went one-and-done in January, and should be contenders again in 2013.

Seattle at San Francisco, Week 2 & 14 -- I know Baltimore won the Super Bowl, because it was in all the papers, but toward the end of the season and for most of the playoffs, nobody in the league wanted to play either the Seahawks or the 49ers, with both teams looking like beasts from the NFC West. San Francisco won the division by a half-game over Seattle last season, but only because the Rams couldn't kick a field goal and found a way to tie away a certain victory over the 49ers. This should be a tremendous rivalry in the years ahead, with two tenacious defenses, bruising running games, and talented, outside-the-box thinking quarterbacks. And let's not forget the Jim Harbaugh-Pete Carroll factor. What's your deal, indeed.

Atlanta at San Francisco, Week 16 -- Besides this game representing a hotly anticipated rematch of January's NFC Championship Game -- won in historic comeback fashion by the 49ers, 28-24 -- now the showdown is also San Francisco's last regular-season game in the interesting lifespan of Candlestick Park (and maybe its last game, period, if the Harbaugh-men don't earn a home playoff date).

Sure, it's a marshy dump, an eyesore and one of the most creature comfort-less stadiums in NFL history. But that's the point, right? It's got reams of history, and Candlestick deserves a fond, but clear-eyed farewell after serving as the rumpled and slightly embarrassing home of the once-regal 49ers from 1971 on. It's had its time, and then some, and I'm sure the team's new digs in Santa Clara will be immaculate in that enhanced revenue-stream-generating way.

But let's appreciate Candlestick's multi-purpose longevity, it's place in our collective memory on a playoff Sunday afternoon, and take a long last look at the way things used to be before our stadiums became club-seating palaces. I hope I even get assigned to the game and find myself muttering the whole way down as I navigate through the crowded stands and to the field after the game. That should take care of any overwhelming wave of nostalgia.

Edited by BC
  • Upvote 2

I think both Chargers-Broncos games are going to be very interesting.

Our new coach and some of our staff has come from their organization, and three of our veteran players signed with them this offseason. The Chargers also have a long, tumultuous, back and forth history with Peyton Manning- as do the Broncos with Philip Rivers.

For obvious reasons I'm looking forward to KC @ Philly. Both these teams could surprise some people. Reid is coming back to Philly where he coached for 15 years. Should be a good game. Two very evenly matched teams.

Every game in the NFL schedule. :D

• Upvote 2

4. KC @ Philly for the Andy Reid aspect

3. Peyton returning to Indy

2. Manning Bowl @ Giants Stadium week 2

1. The first cold weather Superbowl in my lifetime, Whoever vs Whoever....really really looking forward to this.

• Upvote 2

Week 1 always gets me the most excited. It's the start......the start..... :panic: :panic: :panic:

There are always a bunch of games to anticipate, but the short list for me is as follows:

KC vs./@ Oak-Every year, whether good or bad, these are the biggest games for me.

KC @ Phi-Andy Reid's revenge bowl, or at least I hope. Should be a TON of offense too. Who doesn't like that?

Manning Bowl-Come on. Do I really need to elaborate?

Manning @ Luck-As much as I like Manning, I want to see Luck throw 10 TD's and 1,000 yards in this one.

Steelers @ Browns-Cleveland might not be terrible, and I so badly want to see this rivalry renewed.

Browns @ Chiefs-Live in Akron, love the Chiefs. Do the math.

KC @ Jacksonville-First Chiefs game of the year, and lolCampin'. Come at me bro.

Packers @ 49ers-Pretty sure that Rodgers and co. haven't forgotten last season.

Dallas @ K.C.-Chiefs first home game, and what a doozy. Fat Andy vs. Jason Gayrret

Brees @ Brady- How is that not on everyone's list?

Manning @ Brady-You can never go wrong with the classics

Week 17-They are literally all divisional games. They got quite a few of them right, too. Packers/Bears, Ravens/Bengals, Eagles/Cowboys, Lions/Vikings (WC?), Skins/Giants, and Chiefs/Chargers (WC?). They REEEAAALLLLY dropped the ball in the NFC West, though. Where the hell is SF and SEA?!? Oh, that's right, playing the lolCardinals and St. LOLouis. Spare me the song and dance about how improved they both are please. You know you'd rather see the 49ers and Seahawks.

As always every single Chiefs game I haven't mentioned, and the biggest game of the year is always the dog a pony show known as the Super Bowl. However, this season it's particularly special. IT'S OUTDOORS, YA KNOW PEOPLE! (That's for you George Thorogood fans out there :D ) I can't wait for that. It's up to you, NY, NY. Let it snow... :pray:

Side note-Week 5 might be the most poorly scheduled week of the season. So much Blah.

Edited by B-isforBowe

I'm stoked for the Falcons/Saints games this year. It seems like the rivalry has been getting more and more hostile every single year.

Also, I know it's lame to keep with division games but I can't wait to see Falcons/Panthers. The same as the Falcons/Saints, the rivalry is really heating up. Cam Newton and Matt Ryan sharing back and forth taunting is really entertaining and the games are always hard knock close games.

I'm stoked for the Falcons/Saints games this year. It seems like the rivalry has been getting more and more hostile every single year.

Also, I know it's lame to keep with division games but I can't wait to see Falcons/Panthers. The same as the Falcons/Saints, the rivalry is really heating up. Cam Newton and Matt Ryan sharing back and forth taunting is really entertaining and the games are always hard knock close games.

Cam Newton can't wait for that either. Maybe he can get Matt Ryan's autograph. :wub: I understand rooting for the team you grew up rooting for, but it's in the division YOU FUCKING PLAY IN!!! YOU CAN'T ADMIT THAT SHIT!!! lolCam.

• Upvote 1

Cam Newton can't wait for that either. Maybe he can get Matt Ryan's autograph. :wub: I understand rooting for the team you grew up rooting for, but it's in the division YOU FUCKING PLAY IN!!! YOU CAN'T ADMIT THAT SHIT!!! lolCam.

Lol. Well, at least we all know that Cam Newton is NO Band Wagon fan! Har.

I also look forward to seeing the 49ers and the Seahawks play. Last year those games were great, I expect nothing less this coming season.

1. The first cold weather Superbowl in my lifetime, Whoever vs Whoever....really really looking forward to this.

Detroit doesn't qualify? Twice even.

Still trying to wash out the memory of XL.

Domed stadium. So no. :troll:

KC @ Jacksonville-First Chiefs game of the year, and lolCampin'. Come at me bro.

No matter how bad the Jags end up being, they seem to always either play really well or win in Week 1. So bring it on broham :p And it's in Jax, not arrowhead, I think we have a decent shot :shrug: Might be one of the few games we actually win.

Any game involving SF and Seattle.

For Miami, weeks 2-5 are of particular interest, as well as both Pats games (of course).

Were the 2 Superbowls played in Detroit outside in February? Or did I miss something.... Lol

So no, they do not qualify :facepalm:

Domed stadium. So no. :troll:No matter how bad the Jags end up being, they seem to always either play really well or win in Week 1. So bring it on broham :p And it's in Jax, not arrowhead, I think we have a decent shot :shrug: Might be one of the few games we actually win.

Awe... That's so cute. lol. No. GO CHIEFS!!! :Chiefs:

Good luck week one buddy. It'll be here before we know it.

• Upvote 1

Super Bowl 16 was played in the Pontiac Silverdome in Pontiac, Michigan. Ford Field is also an indoor stadium.

For those who aren't sure/forgot.

Edited by BigBen07

You guys love to take $hit out of context. He plays as hard against Atlanta as he does any other squad. I am certain he isn't quietly sitting back cheering for the Falcons to win the division.

Do you know how many players get signed jerseys from other players? Doesn't mean they are fans of that team or even that player.

You grow up cheering for a team just because you play in that league doesn't mean you have to hate em.

Every single divisional game. AFC North is going to be the most interesting division this season.

You guys love to take $hit out of context. He plays as hard against Atlanta as he does any other squad. I am certain he isn't quietly sitting back cheering for the Falcons to win the division.

Do you know how many players get signed jerseys from other players? Doesn't mean they are fans of that team or even that player.

You grow up cheering for a team just because you play in that league doesn't mean you have to hate em.

That would be all well and good if he didn't say publicly that he's a "Falcons fan" except for two games a year. Look it up. Nothing to take out of context.

Let's hope the Seahawks don't kick the living shit out of us in Seattle again. >_>

The Seattle against SF games are all going to be interesting imo.

Yup. All three of them.

Literally every game that involves a NFC North team facing a NFC North team.

Edited by Vikingfan465

Let's hope the Seahawks don't kick the living shit out of us in Seattle again. >_>

Meh. I wouldn't mind.

• Upvote 1