BC

Percy Harvin injured on the first day of Training Camp

BREAKING: Seahawks Newly Acquired Offseason WR Percy Harvin apparently has a "Slightly Torn Labrum" in his hip that may require surgery.

"As NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport has reported (and as PFT has confirmed), Harvin has a “slight tear” in the labrum. We’re told that the injury was spotted in an MRI performed on Thursday.

The team wants Harvin to try to practice and play with the injury (along with non-surgical treatment, of course). Harvin intends to exercise his right to a second opinion, and arrangements currently are being made for Harvin to be evaluated by a top expert in the field."

SOURCE: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/25/harvins-hip-injury-could-require-surgery/

Percy Hurtvin.

If this keeps up, and Rhodes is a good starter, Minnesota is going to come out smelling like a rose.

Well, it wasn't a practice injury. Adam Shefter said it was the training camp check in, hurt himself working out or something and showed up, got looked at, and they said he "may need surgery." We'll just leave it at that.

Per Rotoworld.com:

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Percy Harvin would "likely" miss the entire 2013 season if a second opinion on his hip shows Harvin indeed needs surgery to repair his labrum tear.

La Canfora allows the second opinion still hasn't been formed -- it will be next Tuesday -- but his season is now in doubt. Early indications suggested Harvin will in all likelihood require surgery. The Seahawks will move forward with Doug Baldwin behind Golden Tate and Sidney Rice, just like last season. Harvin's loss would be quite a blow to Russell Wilson's 2013 fantasy ceiling. Jul 25 - 10:53 PM

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

To the surprise of absolutely nobody, he's hurt. Of course.

On the FIRST day, no less. Haha

• Upvote 1

:no: <--- Facial expression/reaction of Seahawks fans everywhere
  • Upvote 1

Again, not hurt IN training camp making a football play, they haven't told us how the injury happened, workouts probably. They play the clip of ESPN's John Clayton says he will get that advisory on Tuesday whether or not to undergo surgery, and that if he does it likely WON'T cost him the entire season.

Listening to Dave Softy Mahler right now, and the Seahawks released statement that IF Percy Harvin does need surgery, then he will be done for the year, however, they do not believe he will need surgery.

:panic: :panic: :panic:

Again, not hurt IN training camp making a football play, they haven't told us how the injury happened, workouts probably. They play the clip of ESPN's John Clayton says he will get that advisory on Tuesday whether or not to undergo surgery, and that if he does it likely WON'T cost him the entire season.

Meh. Does it really matter if he got hurt playing football, practicing football, boning your mom, or attempting to pole vault? Hurt is hurt, if the injury is as serious as some of the news reports say, then he could be out for the season. That sucks and I'm sorry to see it happen. Wanted to see how he fit on your team this year.

The team wants Harvin to try to practice and play with the injury (along with non-surgical treatment, of course).

anything involving a tear is probably not something you want to play through as that will likely make it worse, if you're playing through an injury it's gotta just be a strain or a bruise, playing through even a partial tear (I would say especially a partial tear) really sounds like a bad idea

Are you insinuating that the Seahawks are dumb for pushing it, or that the injury likely won't be severe?

Are you insinuating that the Seahawks are dumb for pushing it, or that the injury likely won't be severe?

I'm not insinuating anything, I'm straight up saying that they'd be stupid to push this if it's actually a tear, that's not something a player should fight through

anything involving a tear is probably not something you want to play through as that will likely make it worse, if you're playing through an injury it's gotta just be a strain or a bruise, playing through even a partial tear (I would say especially a partial tear) really sounds like a bad idea

Kam Chancellor had the same thing happen to him last offseason. Played the entire season, and played out of his skull.

Percy Harvin says on twitter he will have surgery on hip. No word on timetable for return.

• Upvote 1

I'm not insinuating anything, I'm straight up saying that they'd be stupid to push this if it's actually a tear, that's not something a player should fight through

In hindsight, "insinuating" was a very poor word choice. Thanks for the clarification, however.

Kam Chancellor had the same thing happen to him last offseason. Played the entire season, and played out of his skull.

By this logic, any two people who have similar injuries should have similar returns. That's not the case. I kind of feel bad for Percy, but at the same time I'm not going to shed any tears that he once again got hurt.

Percy to be back in Novemver will undergo surgery

Percy to be back in Novemver will undergo surgery

Says one source....there seem to be conflicting reports. Percy hinted it is season ending, Rapport from NFLN says 3-4 months. I'll tend to lean toward Percy himself, considering he personally spoke with the doctors/coaches etc.

I was excited to see what he could do in Seattle this season. Well see I guess, I'm sure an official time table will be out shortly.

However, considering how much they gave up for the guy, his now warranted injury prone label, and how much money they invested into a new contact, it may be wise to not rush him back even if he beats the time table and park him on IR.

Edited by NYGIANTSFLYHIGH

first of all, just because he played through it (with cortisone shots) doesn't mean it was a good decision or that he didn't fuck it up worse, second from the few articles I've seen (and please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure you read a lot more seahawks articles than I found in a quick google search) nobody's compared the severity of the two injuries

Pete Carroll was the one who compared the severities on a live feed interview but then also jokingly mentioned that the concept was way above his pay scale.

‏@RapSheet 1m

Former #Cardinals WR Early Doucet will sign with #Seahawks, I'm told. Had worked out for them. Reinforcements at receiver...