Sign in to follow this  
Bucman

Trent Richardson traded to Colts

On offense, all of the Colts best players not named Reggie Wayne are really young. Luck, Richardson, Hilton, Fleener, Allen, Castonzo... can't see how they'll be totally wrecked any time soon.

Whoa! Talk about surprising/unexpected news. I agree with Brady that this is definitely some Madden stuff right now. I love the move personally by the Colts though. Trent Richardson has a lot of upside and having a young talented QB like Luck will definitely make things easier then him being on the Browns. I expect both players to benefit from each other; symbiotic relationship. The Colts already have some receivers in place (even though Reggie is aging) and adding a young potential franchise RB like Richardson is a win in my opinion. The Colts defense sucks and o-line has it's questions but they can address that in the later rounds with whatever draft picks they have left. The thing is that Trent Richardson is a sure/guaranteed as to where draft picks can be hits or misses.

This trade sucks for both really.

If your the Browns I understand you wanting to load up on your picks to get a QB, that said the last time you picked a QB was two drafts ago and well....it was Brandon Weeden, Secondly, Lombardis track record with QB's is shit.

Then from the colts perspective the only upside is you basically turned a top late round pick into a top 5 picks as that is what the cost of your RB was. Even at that though there are backs to be had in the mid rounds of the draft and would have been much cheaper. And how many footballs do you think you play with ? You have a guy you want to throw for 5K but how much does that leave you for the run game ?

Lets also not forget that say they both do pan out. So in 3 years wheen you have to pay both premium money then what ? You could have had a guy for less, later and now you are going to part with him because luck is most likely going to set the QB money record when he is up to bat. So yeah..... Indy kinda just f'themselves, but it is in a good way at the moment.

Its kinda like sleeping with your girls hot as hell sister. It is awesome at the time but you just set yourself up for the nut kickin ninja and that bitch is sneaky.

On offense, all of the Colts best players not named Reggie Wayne are really young. Luck, Richardson, Hilton, Fleener, Allen, Castonzo... can't see how they'll be totally wrecked any time soon.

The cap my man, the almighty salary cap.

As hard as it is for Browns fans to swallow this, RB is the most replaceable position on the field, so this does make sense.

As hard as it is for Browns fans to swallow this, RB is the most replaceable position on the field, so this does make sense.

Yea. You can easily get a great RB from the 2nd or 3rd round. It still sucks to lost the best player on the team.

He might have been the best offensive skill player, but certainly the best player on the team.

I'm livid right now. We gave up a 22 year old rb who was the only guy on our team that you have to plan for for a draft pick that they're surely going to fuck up. They are banking on Bridgewater coming out?

How do you tell your season ticket holders that they're writing this season off? How the fuck do you do this to a franchise that has been desperate for any signs of hope. To top it off they hire one of the worst GMs in the league and trust he and Banner (A business guy, not a football guy) to make the right personnel choices?

Who the fuck cares if he was asking for more carries, he was promised he'd be featured in this offense. He was getting ~15 carries a game and was constantly asked to run the ball up the middle or to the right side which is pathetic. He deserved better and us Browns fans deserve better.

Fuck it, burn it the fuck down.

Go Buckeyes, Go Tribe!

• Upvote 2

What in the actual fuck. I am so god damn sick of this team.

• Upvote 1

So, Cleveland fans... What are your thoughts on Johnny Manziel?

The Jags need to hurry up and sign Tebow so they can keep up. Andrew Luck and Trent Richardson on the same team. The Colts are looking like they can be that high powered offensive team again. 2012 was one hell of an offensive draft for them.

I think he's douchebag. I think he can play ball tho'. Anyone that can put up the numbers he did against 'Bama has skills.

It doesn't really matter what we think of him. He doesn't want us. Does anyone really at this point? :laugh:

It'd just be trouble.

If you've paid attention to Mathias's and mine recent squabbles you'd know this answer. I think he has absolutely zero NFL future. Small, weak armed and he thinks he's the greatest QB ever. Total bust waiting to happen. If we draft him I might jump ship.

If you've paid attention to Mathias's and mine recent squabbles you'd know this answer. I think he has absolutely zero NFL future. Small, weak armed and he thinks he's the greatest QB ever. Total bust waiting to happen. If we draft him I might jump ship.

Sounds like exactly the kind of draft pick the Browns would make unfortunately. These are the people who thought a 28 year old rookie could be the future of their franchise.

Edited by Jayrus

Not a big fan of the trade either on both sides. also nice message from the browns head office to the fans "after 2 weeks in the new season we are still shit and therefore giving up"

LOL I woke up from a nap and was like "this has to be a dream".

If he was really a problem for the Browns' coaching staff, I can see why they moved him, but it's not like these coaches are even going to be there in 2 years. Richardson was a young star in the making at 22 years old with an old-school mindset for the game.

My buddy who is a jags fan is pissed. Real competition for Teddy now.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

Sounds like exactly the kind of draft pick the Browns would make unfortunately. These are the people who thought a 28 year old rookie could be the future of their franchise.

Actually none of those people are still around but I get what you're saying.

It's pretty weird looking towards the draft already... :shifty: But you just have to think they want one of those QBs for sure... Who is it they like more? With this kind of move, have they made their mind up already?

What in the actual fuck.

What.

I don't even.

This move makes NO sense for Cleveland. Good god, I would be so pissed. The guy was drafted in 2012 behind Luck and Griffin, why on earth would you trade him after only 18 games? Just wow.

Edited by Thanatos19

Surprised the RB depleted Panthers didn't make a run at him... :troll:

• Upvote 2

The more I think about it, the more I've begun to realize how this works out for both teams. It's obvious how it works out for the Colts, but the Browns are a bit murkier when it comes to future plans. Willis McGahee, when healthy, can still put up good yardage and stats in a season. Now think about this. The upcoming group of backs in the draft aren't as good as Richardson, but can fill up a good portion of Richardson's stats. Seastrunk or Ka'Deem Carey in the late 1st or early second? I'm thinking that is the plan. Teddy Bridgewater would be great if they fall that far down, which I doubt, but there is a chance. Marqise Lee or Sammy Watkins would be the next best option w/ a trade up or a later QB pick.

Cleveland is solid on defense, so this trade is for purely offensive purposes. A 2nd round RB, along with a vet, is enough to hold on for a year and develop further. Weeden is on his way out, for the most part. That leaves one of the two first rounders to be spent on a QB. Bridgewater or a later QB would be great to rebuild around. If not Bridgewater, taking Lee or Watkins would lock in Gordon and the rookie as starters. I'd argue that it'd be an effective combination, as long as the Browns have a star QB.

If the Browns take a WR early and a QB later? Expect Bridgewater and Boyd to be off the table by then. Jacksonville and Oakland have probably swooped in by then, or at least another team has traded up. Derek Carr and AJ McCarron (Specifically Carr) would start almost guaranteed. If you develop Josh Gordon and the rookie with one of the QBs? Franchise gold. Toss in a 2nd round RB? The Browns, not considering the curse of Cleveland, would be a DECENT team after a year or two.

If the Browns take a QB early and a WR/RB later? Bridgewater or Boyd? The Browns are likely to get at least average QB down the road. If they take a WR/RB later on they could get Carey/Seastrunk, or Moncrief. Either way, the Browns are giving up a franchise RB for a possible franchise offense.

NOTE: This is only on paper. There is no telling what happens, and there is a good chance that the Browns completely bomb this year and the draft and end up 0-16.

• Upvote 1

Draft someone third overall and trade him the next year brehs

zefram-albums-anon-picture29703-sisko-fa

Edited by Versace

funny Goodell, I'm the exact opposite. I think it's not a good trade for either team.

I could understand the Browns, but how do you think the Colts got a bad deal on this? They needed a running game badly to open up the field for Luck and now they got a workhorse back who is only 22.

• Upvote 1