Bucman

Official 2014 NBA OffSeason

LeBron is a Cav again.

Holy shit

lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers.jpg?ito

Brb being coming a Cavs fan.

Stephen A Smith (take it with a grain of salt) says Melo's decision (as of post-LeBron decision) is between the Knicks and the Bulls, apparently Lakers have been crossed off.

Haven't posted much in a while, but apparently Thibs has been in contact with Melo and sparked his interest in joining Chicago again. He's been hearing good things about his potential teammates in Chicago, and Chicago has made it clear to him they'll make the salaries work one way or another. I can only hope our starting 4 aren't gone to get Melo.

As far as making room for him, Chicago has apparently been reaching out for teams for a 3 way trade, obviously to take Boozer since NY is refusing to consider that. 3 way trade is the only way we can allow Melo to sign here over our salary cap and we'd probably have to pay the luxury tax. It would severely limit our bench but trading Boozer allows us to keep the MLE which we can use on Mirotic even if we're over the cap. We also have the BAE which can be used on Hinrich or DJ Augustin.

From what it sounds like, the biggest obstacle right now is just finding someone to take Boozer. Pretty sure the Lakers expressed interest. If they've truly been eliminated from Melo's list, Boozer might be worth taking. I know his salary sucks ass but at least it's something. Lakers have literally no roster right now besides Kobe. Pau is leaving if Melo don't come.

LeBron to Cleveland means that teams like Houston are going to be looking to clear cap for guys like Chris Bosh and teams like Chicago to clear space for Melo. Sixers can pick up another first by taking on a contract. They won't be in contention for anything for 3 years anyway. They picked up a first in the Saric trade too. Sixers are going to be loaded with young talent. We might be able to unload Thaddeus Young for something too at the deadline.

Edited by seanbrock

Next stop on the Bangywagon Cleveland.

Ps I dont actually have an nba team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lakers get Lin. Lebron to Cavs AND i think they will trade for Love.. Melo will prob go to Chicago

Wade got fucked. Poor guy. Wonder how much Miami will offer him. He is not worth that 40 mill he passed up.

‏@ESPNSteinLine ESPN sources say Mike Miller is indeed exploring every option to try to reunite with LeBron James in Cleveland after halting talks w/ Denver.

Open the flood gates for ring chasing veterans. Wouldn't be shocked to see guys like Birdman and Ray Allen be on board as well.

Bucks gonna shock the world and win the Central next year.

I'm hearing that Melo is trying to press NY to do a S&T with the Lakers to bring Pau to NY, and then he'll sign with NY so that he can play with Pau there. If that falls through, apparently he wants Chicago. From what I understand the major obstacle is that the Lakers want Hardaway Jr, Knicks not willing to give him. This is just a report from ESPNLA, and we all know how shitty the entirety of ESPN has been over the course of this free agency.

For real though. I really hope Melo wises up and comes to Chicago. If we can unload all the unnecessary guys and Boozer, we keep our MLE. He signs for a lower contract here but we can sign Mirotic (or Pau) to the MLE. Mirotic is younger and has more offensive upside. Plus I think the Bulls are not willing to let McDermott or Mirotic go... Fingers crossed.

Edit- I should clarify that nothing I just said was from Melo or his camp, or any of the teams involved. It's just the media speculating, I'm just bringing it here.

Edit 2- and To update on my previous post, the Lakers were never officially off the list for Melo, but now they've traded for Lin, and have removed themselves from "Melo contention".

Edited by badgers

Now Mr Gilbert can shut the fuck up. Bitched and bitched when Lakers traded for Chris Paul. Now the hypocrite is tryna build his own super team.

I'm hoping Cleveland doesn't trade for Love, it will be so much more interesting seeing LeBron try to lead this young team. I'm really glad he went back. I was a big LBJ fan when he was in Cleveland originally. It was only because of the decision that I started rooting against him. He's just become insanely more likeable by doing this.

It is kind of annoying though how incredibly lucky the Cavs have gotten lately. Win 2011 lottery, win 2013 and 2014 lotteries. LBJ by the grace of God returns. They really do not deserve it at all, they're easily one of the worst run teams in the NBA.

I think Lebron coming back is a great move. He won his title, and now he can make Cleveland the team he always wanted without fear of going titleless in his career.

Sad that Bosh stayed in Miami. Wanted a Rockets super team :(

Not gonna say whooo.....

But someone called this before the draft saying if Manziel is drafted by the Browns it was a larger plan to bring LeBron back to the Cavs lol.

Also I don't want Melo on my Bulls

Suns go get Isiah Thomas... Wtf. Thomas, Ennis, Dragic, and Bledsoe? What is this team going to look like? Haha

Cavs closing in on deal with free agent G Mike Miller, source tells @FOXSportsOH. "Unless something unforeseeable happens," Miller will sign https://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO

Edited by OhioSportsFan

Suns go get Isiah Thomas... Wtf. Thomas, Ennis, Dragic, and Bledsoe? What is this team going to look like? Haha

Fun-sized.

Thats 14 buddy.

That's all I needed. I'd just pocket the extra $1. :p

Also my Rockets got royally fucked today...

I think it was a great move by Pheonix. At the very least, they have great depth at the guard position (and for cheap considering how well IT has looked at times). It also opens the door for a lot of trading opportunities should some present themselves.

Pau Gasol will be a Bull by the end of today, and Carmelo Anthony is negotiating a 5year/$120M contract with the Knicks, currently.

Both information from Woj's twitter account.