Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

NFL possibly going to make saying the n-word a 15-yard personal foul

The chairman of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, a group that monitors racial diversity in the NFL, believes the league will soon enact a rule that will penalize a player 15 yards for using the n-word on the field during a game.

John Wooten said he expects the measure to be supported by the NFL Competition Committee during meetings next week in Naples, Fla. If the rule change is endorsed by the committee, it will be presented to owners for a vote.

"I will be totally shocked if the competition committee does not uphold us on what we're trying to do," Wooten said, according to CBSSports.com.

Baltimore Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome is a member of the competition committee. On Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine, Newsome was asked about the proposal.

"We did discuss it over the last three days," Newsome said. "We'll now go down to Naples starting next Friday and spend more time talking about it."

"With any rule that we put into play, we have to look at it from A to Z and find out what are the unintended consequences as much as the consequences," Newsome added. "But as it was stated in our meeting, there are mics everywhere. So, if something is being said, it's probably going to be captured somewhere. So, it would be an opportunity to get it verified if we had to."

The Alliance came to the defense of umpire Roy Ellison in November after Washington Redskins offensive tackle Trent Williams was accused of using the n-word toward the official during a game. Ellison was suspended by the NFL for profane language directed at Williams. The n-word was also prominent in the Wells report on the Miami Dolphins' workplace culture.

"I think they're going to do what needs to be done here," Wooten said. "There is too much disrespect in the game."

What the actual fuck. Are we going to start penalizing people for making fun of other people's mothers too? This has no place in the game. Sure its disrespectful as all hell, but do you really want to have a game decided because someone jokingly said nigga and the refs took it as the n-word?

15-yard personal foul for this is absolutely baloney, and NFL.com knows it, which is why they've disabled comments for this article, something they've been doing recently for anything that is controversial.

This is just utterly batshit crazy, and its even more stupid when one remembers that the NFL has a team named after a racial slur directed at native americans. If someone says redskin on the field, we gonna call that a 15-yard penalty as well?

This is just fucking stupid.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

But how're they going to find the time to play the game?

• Upvote 1

Just more ways for the NFL to control the game. Next will be no calling the other plays a fag.

Bad thing is that the refs will be selective as fuck with the calls. Favor one team all the time? You've won that team the game.

• Upvote 1

Just more ways for the NFL to control the game. Next will be no calling the other plays a fag.

Or insulting their mothers.

Better penalize the fans as well for using the word.

Edited by BigBen07

<_ taking a step backwards here nfl.>

the biggest issue in my mind is that this would be penalizing something that absolutely no fan notices, every time a flag is thrown for this it will be met by everyone watching the game asking what the flag was for, not to mention how much it'll emphasize the prevalence of its use

South Park has their work cut out for them on this one.

Actually...that is something you shouldn't be able to do. At least the context of "fag" is concrete whereas "nigga" is seen as a completely separate word from "nigger."

The NFL would be wise to actually consider making use of the term "fag" a penalty, but they need to drop this N word shirt. No way. I don't personally think they're different words, but I'm not a black man, either, and I don't live in an area with a ton of diversity. Not like I'm exposed to that culture.

the biggest issue in my mind is that this would be penalizing something that absolutely no fan notices, every time a flag is thrown for this it will be met by everyone watching the game asking what the flag was for, not to mention how much it'll emphasize the prevalence of its use

And it's not like they could identify it as something like "Use of a Racial Slur" and say the player's number when the NFL already has to mask the substances players use with the agreed upon term Adderall.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Downvote 1

Actually...that is something you shouldn't be able to do. At least the context of "fag" is concrete whereas "nigga" is seen as a completely separate word from "nigger."

The NFL would be wise to actually consider making use of the term "fag" a penalty, but they need to drop this N word shirt. No way. I don't personally think they're different words, but I'm not a black man, either, and I don't live in an area with a ton of diversity. Not like I'm exposed to that culture.

And it's not like they could identify it as something like "Use of a Racial Slur" and say the player's number when the NFL already has to mask the substances players use with the agreed upon term Adderall.

NFL conspiracy to mask substance use and just call it Adderall? Really?

:yao:

Oh god. I missed this the first time.

Guess what happens if the same player uses the N-word a second time?

They are ejected from the game.

Get. the fuck. out.

NFL conspiracy to mask substance use and just call it Adderall? Really?

:yao:

No. It's in the new CBA. The NFL cannot release the name of the substances that players get busted for, so the term "Adderall" was agreed upon.

Did you really think all these players were using Adderall?

Edited by BwareDWare94

No. It's in the new CBA. The NFL cannot release the name of the substances that players get busted for, so the term "Adderall" was agreed upon.

Did you really think all these players were using Adderall?

I'm not familiar with any agreement that Adderall would named, the CBA prohibits the NFL from releasing the identity of the substance but players are free to say whatever they want, so any time a player gets busted they just say it was Adderall because nobody cares about Adderall and the NFL can't correct them because of the CBA

What the fuck...

wee-bey-gif.gif