ATL_Predator

The Real Draft Thread

Chiefs are easily the worst draft day team in the NFL after the last two years now. They were going to do that Draft Day movie about the Chiefs, but the producer didn't want it to be a comedy. Fuck the draft.

Very happy with the Mike Evans pick for the Bucs.

LOVE the Rams draft so far. That d-line is going to be nasty with Quinn, Long and Donald. I also think Robinson was the best o-line men in the draft.

That's who you ended up with anyway... What difference does it make.

Deone Bucannon and Marcus Smith two players with 2-3 round grades by the "experts" and 4 star prospects in my player grades. :p

Marcus Smith is a monster and will develop into a great player, IMO... But I have to think they could have waited on him... Right?

they'd already traded back, must not have thought he'd last to the late second, or nobody wanted to trade up

Dominique Easley.. not bad I guess. If he can get after the QB this year then I'm fine with the pick.

I applaud the Vikings for not letting the Texans plan work out. Eat shit Texans.

Roby... ugh. Half our secondary will be incarcerated before the season starts.

• Upvote 1

Browns draft grade: F-------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone else's draft grade: Better than that

Teddy Bridgewater is the 2nd best QB in the division... I admire the Vikings for being able to pick out their own weaknesses and going out and getting the best player at that position at the bottom of the 1st round. Thank goodness, the rest of the division is dumb as rocks.

2014 NFC North Results

1. Packers
2. Vikings
3. Bears

4. Lions

Also...

After passing on him twice earlier in the round, the Cleveland Browns selected Johnny Manziel with the 22nd pick of the first round of the 2014 NFL draft. According to ESPN's Sal Paolantonio, a homeless person helped convince owner Jimmy Haslam that Manziel was the right pick.

"Here in Cleveland, everywhere I go, people know me," Haslam told Paolantonio. "I was out to dinner recently. A homeless person was out on the street. He looked up at me and said, 'Draft Manziel.'"

And that's all it took, apparently, to convince Haslam that Browns fans wanted Manziel. Cleveland!

Browns draft grade: F-------------------------------------------------------------------

there's a good chance you got an extra top 10 pick next year...

So how did the Packers get first in the division result? My thoughts is that we were close to Donald who I wanted but we got the number one cb in the draft IMO. So i'm pretty happy.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

So how did the Packers get first in the division result?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

there's a good chance you got an extra top 10 pick next year...

But we drafted Tebow.

Very happy with tonight's pick was worried then everyone I thought would go WR didn't. Very surprised with some guys in the 2nd round at WR but very happy we got a big physical WR like Kelvin Benjamin needs some work but very happy with his upside.

So Falcons fix O-Line, Saints replace Sproles, Bucs go big with Evans, then Panthers go big with Benjamin now just curious where we go in the 2nd all signs point OT but what happens if Latimer, Matthews, or Robinson is sitting there do they do like last year at DT and go WR again could be interesting Lee even is still there.

Edited by panthergf

:clap: Eagles

Marcus Smith is a monster and will develop into a great player, IMO... But I have to think they could have waited on him... Right?

It's not as bad as everyone is making it seem. Marcus Smith was projected to go in the 2nd round. The Eagles needed a pass rusher. He was a slight reach but the Eagles secured a player they liked that was a position of need and made sure we got value back by acquiring a 3rd round pick. We balanced the value scale by acquiring a 3rd round pick. Marcus Smith was my first pass rusher on my big board in round 2 so I'm satisfied with getting him on our team and even more happy we got a 3rd round pick where the talent is really deep at. It's a win situation in my opinion.

Here is some highlights on Marcus Smith: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzCcnKiZUSs

Here is some tape: http://draftbreakdown.com/?s=marcus+smith

The kid can play and I'm just glad the Eagles got him on our team. Not to mention the talent was lacking there @ pick 26 so it's not like we butchered it. Who was there? Lee? Benjamin? lol. We didn't miss out on anything from a value perspective. We got a 3rd rounder for just 4 spots lol. Talk about value. I'll take it.

Edited by Dutch

Meh at the Vikings draft so far. Rams are in the clear lead in my book. We got problems.

:shifty: Well while I don't mind the Evans pick, we are fucked at QB unless we hit on a QB later in the draft,

So how did the Packers get first in the division result?

bigger troll than phil almost :yao:

• Upvote 1

Meh at the Vikings draft so far. Rams are in the clear lead in my book. We got problems.

Ya, they drafted Orlando Pace... Lol. I like their draft for sure, but... Vikings getting the best QB at 32 is prettttty nice.

Saints getting Brandin Cooks really scares me. He's gonna be an even better Sproles for them. Brees is gonna love having him as a weapon.

• Upvote 1

I can't wait until Brees / Brady / Manning retire... The league will be in such a better place.

• Upvote 1

I think the Browns, Vikings,than the Rams are winners of round 1 in my opinion. The Browns acquire a next years 1st rounder and 4th rounder from the Bills. They select Gilbert who is the best athlete at corner and has great upside. If Gilbert can tap into some of his potential, Haden and Gilbert can be quite the tandem; dangerous. They also trade with us to get the 22nd pick and grab Johnny Manziel. Manziel is a wild card but considering the picks they've acquired (and the possibility that the Bills will have a high draft pick next year), the value is still there. They have Manziel and Hoyer as their QBs and seem to be in a good place in my opinion.

The Vikings get a pass rusher with great potential and come trade up into the 1st round and grab their franchise QB. Love the moves that the Vikings made to get their guy.

The Rams got better on their o-line to protect Braford and got a great player to beefen up their defense. Their defensive line is very scary now. Their picks may have the most immediate impacts on both sides of the ball maybe.

Edited by Dutch