Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Weekly Discussion Topic: May 25-31 (Ideal Outdoor Temperature)

Man, Fuck Ballsweat  

23 members have voted

1. 1. At what point is it hot outside (Fahrenheit)?

2. 2. Do you agree with the general consensus that between 75-90 is pleasant?

3. 3. Would you take frigid cold or blazing hot?

Answer the poll questions, and discuss.

For me, it gets hot once it gets over 70. Obviously 70-75 isn't hard to deal with but anything 75+ and I'm sweating like a pig and just uncomfortable, in general.

I firmly believe that the notion of 75-90 being pleasant was created by some asshole lying on a block of ice. Fucker's got people tricked into thinking it ain't hot as shit when it's hot as shit.

And I would take frigid, 10 times out of 10. At least working in frigid cold doesn't force me to shower multiple times a day.

I'm an adaptable sort of person, but I absolutely hate summer time. I don't mind when it's -20 or even as bad as -30, but when it's over +20 ~ +25 (Room temp for you american neophytes) it's pretty uncomfortable. I believe that translates into anything above 80F being too toasty.

Also you don't need to shower multiple times a day if you just do it at night. >_>

Last week was mid-upper 70s and it was honestly great. And 60's for nighttime to therefore be able to have the window open. Having the window open at night is rare and complete happiness for us Seattleites which we can't do from November - March.

Eh, I really don't mind a bit of heat. The room im chillin in for the summer on campus is probably the hottest according to the people I hang out with. I have a fan and an AC but I never use them.

As long as the humidity isn't too high I'm good. I prefer it around the 80s has never been a real bother (including the all times highs and heat waves) outside of those 3 a days where it always felt unbearable.

I go with the flow but my ideal range is 60-70

• Upvote 1

I can deal with the 70s. 80s is too much, especially with the humidity here.

The best weather is easily the Fall/Winter though. :megusta:

Anything below 80 is a sin.

This is why I'm moving to the southwest in a few years. Can't fucking stand the cold. Fucks everything up.

Give me the HEAT.

• Upvote 2

Upper 80s is hot.

75-90 isn't pleasant, IMO because the 90 as the high ruins it. I'd move it to something along the lines of 68-82 (especially if it's low humidity) for the highs. Not too cold, not too hot.

I despise being cold. Hate the feeling of it, hate everything about it, so I'd much rather be hot than cold.

• Upvote 2

Cold is awful. Your range of whats pleasant depends on humidity, but generally sounds good to me. I really hate cold. It wouldn't surprise me if I end up leaving Buffalo for how much I hate it.

• Upvote 2

70s-80s is fine with me.

I love 60-75 degrees. That is my ideal temp range. (I know...odd coming from someone living in Florida)

I can also dig 76-80 degrees, BUT it has to be breezy out, too.

I love the cold, but I don't think I've ever experienced anything below zero.

Cold weather is fucking awful. End of story.

For me, the more heat, the better. 80s without humidity is perfect, but I can tolerate humidity a lot better than most people.

• Upvote 1

Well where I live the humidity hate fucks us during the summer. Last 3 summers we had it reached 38 degrees 99 or 100 Fahrenheit with humidity for a 3 week period just brutal. Ideal for me is around 25 Celsius that or winter. Able to get a lot more shit done in the winter.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

Back before I had a car and I had to ride the bus to go home from school I would get off at my bus stop and walk the only 100 yards top distance to my house. That's not far at all for a bus stop-to-home trek. In the bus after getting out of school I would be dry. From that short 100 yard walk back to my house once I got inside my house I would have to strip my clothes because I was wet everywhere with sweat.

I'm a hairy dude, I don't fit southern Florida humidity and temp at allll. It's brutal man, absolutely brutal. I used to be all-in on the cold weather side. But as I'm getting older I'm getting a little more pussified so If I could I'd rather it be 68-75 degrees year round like it was when I lived in San Diego. Not too hot, not too cold.

I see a lot of the southern folk are voting for things to rather be freezing than blazing...

All I can say is..I've lived in Atlanta, Virginia, Miami, Boston and now PA.

Trust me when I say you'd rather it be blazing than frigid...you don't even know the terrors.

• Upvote 1

But, but ATL, all you have to do is put on more layers! You can only take so much off when it's hot out!

But, but ATL, all you have to do is put on more layers! You can only take so much off when it's hot out!

This statement is such a lie. You can only put so many layers on before you're just a 300 pound monster. If it's cold enough and your feet or socks get wet...you're fucked. Besides.

It's less work to take clothes off then put clothes on.

I don't even want to get into an argument about how in every way shape and form summer is better than winter lol

I am fro Syracuse and moved to Atlanta. I like being cold but the summer heat is a lot less depressing than the winter cold.

This statement is such a lie. You can only put so many layers on before you're just a 300 pound monster. If it's cold enough and your feet or socks get wet...you're fucked. Besides.

It's less work to take clothes off then put clothes on.

I don't even want to get into an argument about how in every way shape and form summer is better than winter lol

Plus the cold somehow always finds a way in. Two pair of gloves, hats, socks isn't enough to prevent the cold air from getting in fucking up my day.

• Upvote 1

I am fro Syracuse and moved to Atlanta. I like being cold but the summer heat is a lot less depressing than the winter cold.

Thats true too. When its really hot out, at least its usually a nice day.

Actually to me it doesn't get hot until around 90 degrees. I love anything from 65-85. I can't handle anything cold anymore because of my health. Absolutely intolerable for me if it is below 45.

How is anything from like 83-90 pleasant?

I don't get it lol. 85+ is fucking awful.

How is anything from like 83-90 pleasant?

I don't get it lol. 85+ is fucking awful.

Because you've lived in North Dakota forever.

It's all about where you live. If you live somewhere hot, you prefer fall and winter because it's a break from the heat. If you live somewhere cold, you prefer spring and summer because it's a break from the snow and cold.

That said, where you live determines your tolerance. I consider 90+ "hot", but if I went up and spent the winter in Canada I'd freeze my balls off and probably die. If someone from Canada spent the summer here, they'd melt their balls off and probably die.

Because you've lived in North Dakota forever.

It's all about where you live. If you live somewhere hot, you prefer fall and winter because it's a break from the heat. If you live somewhere cold, you prefer spring and summer because it's a break from the snow and cold.

That said, where you live determines your tolerance. I consider 90+ "hot", but if I went up and spent the winter in Canada I'd freeze my balls off and probably die. If someone from Canada spent the summer here, they'd melt their balls off and probably die.

ehh not really some places in Canada reach 90 plus already.