Bay

Top 10 QBs

Injury.

RG3?

• Upvote 1

RG3 has been injured once in his NFL career. I admit that it does look as if he will continue to get injured if he plays the way he does. Even so, Big Ben has had multiple injuries, RG3 has a chance of staying fit consistently, I think that time has passed for Big Ben.

Oh dear. I was all excited about another Panthers fan and then you go and do something like leave Big Ben off the top-10 list. Stafford, RG3, Cam, Luck and Wilson have not shown nearly enough to be put ahead of Ben Roethlisberger. Ben gets injured because he's behind a shitty-ass offensive line, but the man is one of the toughest players I've seen and is easily a top-10 QB.

Tony Romo should also be on that list over the 3 rooks, at the very least. Romo is the most underrated QB in the game of football.

• Upvote 1

Having watched Romo play against the Redskins, I just can' accept that, at this moment, he is a top 10 QB. If he can take the Cowboys to the play-offs on a consistent basis then I will take back everything I have said. But, until then, I just can't put him ahead of players like Luck and Wilson who have showed far more ability than Romo in their short careers. With regards to RG3, I am personally not a fan and I believe that injuries are going to be a consistent issue with him if he continues to play like he does but he has far more upside than Romo and actually produced more despite limited playing time.

With regards to Big Ben's injuries, the Steelers were 14th worst last year in pass protection, 9th worst the year before. In both cases several teams made the play-offs having conceded fewer sacs. I admit in neither case is it ideal to take so many hits but other QBs take more and stay healthy. Big Ben is a very good player when healthy and his career achievements possibly merit him 10th place ahead of Stafford, but I just don't see him as a de facto top 10 QB.

They haven't shown far more ability than Romo, come on. You're seriously judging him off of one game? He is #5 in career passer rating ALL TIME. He's tied with Kurt Warner for #6 ALL TIME on Yards/Attempt. He's #6 ALL TIME on completion percentage with 64.7%. He and Peyton Manning are #1 all-time on Net Yards/Attempt. He was first in the NFL last year with 5 comebacks. There is no way in hell that a rookie has shown more ability than Tony Romo, that is crazy talk.

And Ben? The reason he isn't hit more often than he is, is because he is such a mobile QB.

Romo has done well statistically he has never really made an impact win-wise. Yes, one player can't do it alone but he has had strong roster around him. In 11 season (not all as a starter) he has only reached the playoffs 3 times, an has now gone 4 years without reaching the playoffs. This isn't what you want from a top-10 QB in the latter half of his career.

About Big Ben, yes Ben can make people miss. My point was about injury. If you're avoiding the tackles, you shouldn't be getting injured.

Romo has done well statistically he has never really made an impact win-wise. Yes, one player can't do it alone but he has had strong roster around him. In 11 season (not all as a starter) he has only reached the playoffs 3 times, an has now gone 4 years without reaching the playoffs. This isn't what you want from a top-10 QB in the latter half of his career.

About Big Ben, yes Ben can make people miss. My point was about injury. If you're avoiding the tackles, you shouldn't be getting injured.

I'm not in a mood to defend Romo, but with Big Ben, you're completing disregarding breaking tackles and QB hits. Those count too ya know.

I agree about Shaub but Stafford is young ad has shown that he has the potential to win consistently. Romo is inconsistent (I can't get over the INTs he threw against the Redskins) and Rivers has failed to make he jump to elite status (and I now fear it's too late).

Oh really ? His .344 winning percentage shows you this. A guy who barely wins 1/3rd of his games has shown you the ability to win consistently.

And Really Rivers is 6th all time in QB Rating. And in 2008 and and 20009 you are going to dare argue Rivers was never elite. When in 08 he lead the league in TD's QB rating and Yards per attempt ? Or in 09 when he had the 3rd highest passer rating in the NFL while chucking for 4,200 + yards, 28 TD's to 9 INT's. Shennanigans...

tumblr_m67beqO7ai1rywgp0o1_500.gif

Edited by Ngata_Chance
  • Upvote 1

1.Mark Sanchez

1. Aaron Rodgers - right now he's the best passer in the league.

2. Tom Brady - proven over a long time, five super bowl appearances and three wins is an amazing record.

3. Peyton Manning - excellent QB, should have won another super bowl or two with his ability.

4. Drew Brees - I probably shouldn't say this but I love watching this guy, puts up big performances and stats. Great qb.

5. Matt Ryan - right now he's developing as well (if not better) than Peyton's early career. I think Ryan is an excellent qb.

6. Big Ben - as much as some decry him, he's a proven winner with three super bowl appearances and two wins. He might not put up huge stats, but he plays at a high level consistently.

7. Eli Manning - again plays to a very good level consistently. Two super bowl wins. Damn good qb.

8. Joe Flacco - not statistically amazing in regular season, but he leads his team well and is clutch in big games.

9. Tony Romo - if he could win the big games he'd be much higher on this list.

10. Can't decide so I'll be biased and say Cam Newton. He's got a cannon arm and make all the throws. He can run. And arguably he can lead as well (he carried his Aurburn team to a national championship on his back). He's potentially elite.

• Upvote 1

Firstly, I question your mathematic ability; .344 is greater tan .333. Secondly, broken tackles etc. are important but, even so, you really want your QB to say fit. Rivers was elite, the key word being was. He has struggle to reach his full potential in a weak Charger Offence.

I question everything you have posted dude. Winning consistently apparently means you only have to win less than 35% of your games.

You say Rivers has not made the jump, to which I say he definitely has.

You should just stop dude. Your argument was weak, people point it out and now you are pouting about it.

And with the broken tackles, what the hell are you talking about dude ?

I've had a change of heart with my list...

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Peyton Manning

5. Ben Roethlisberger

6. Eli Manning

7. Matt Ryan

8. Joe Flacco

9. Tony Romo

10.Cam Newton

Top 4 discussion

1. Brady was my #1 in the past but Rodgers took that mantle. Really shouldn't have to explain why Aaron Rodgers is #1 but, I like to.. He can do everything that Brees, Brady & P.Manning can do (besides being conductor on the field like Manning) but what separates Rodgers is the fact that he's mobile and can throw on the run. Rodgers throws the most accurate beautiful tight spiral on the run. Also, Brady is a different player under pressure (all QBs are to some degree). Brady plays behind a fortress and rarely gets touched compared to the rest of these QBs but when he's getting pressured, he doesn't perform as well like an Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers was the most sacked QB in the league last year and look his production. #Boss

5. Big Ben... The over looked and underrated Big Ben. The #61 rated player in the league lol :facepalm: No he's not strictly a pocket passer and no he hasn't had flashy numbers (stats) like some of the other elite QBs. The unquantifiable stat that isn't tracked for QBs is the clutch factor; can you depend on your QB to step up in those clutch moments. Big Ben has shown that throughout his career and that is a very over looked and VERY impotant component of the QB position. It doesn't get more clutch then that final drive in superbowl 43.

10. Easily my most controversial pick. When I looked at all the candidates that could occupy that #10 spot; Matt Schaub? Matt Stafford(megatron)? Jay Cutler? A Rookie; Luck, Wilson, Rg3? Yeah Cam has only been in the league two years but he has shown a lot; ability wise. His rookie year was awesome. For some reason though people tend to believe that Cam had a down year this past season. Cam threw for 3,800 (4,000 last year) yards, 57% completion (60% last year) , 19 passing TDs (21 last year) and 12 interceptions (17 last year). He also had 741 yeards rushing and 8 rushing TDs. Cam also led his team in rushing yards AND rushing TDs. Cam had to DO it all. That's alot to ask from your QB. His season wasn't too far off Rg3's season. They both tied for 27 total TDs. Cam threw for almost 700 more yards but had 5 more interceptions (Cam had about 100 more attempts than Rg3 as well). Wilson had 3 more total TDs, 700 less passing yards, and 2 less interceptions (with about 100 attempts less then Cam as well). Cam was his teams running back and didn't have a 1600 or 1500 yard rusher with a top rated defense. With Carolina's horrible play calling and the team still going 7-9 with Cam being the sole focal point of the offense, I think I can make an argument that Cam ability wise is a top 10 QB.

Had another change of heart with my list. Sometimes, I have internal struggles with stubborn old ways vs how my opinion deep down inside has changed.

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Drew Brees: Brees has been playing straight lights out and has been playing at a phenomenal level these past few years. If you watched the games and look at the stats from his last few years, it's really hard to say anyone has been playing better at the QB position. Only A-Rod has in my opinion. Rodgers being an elite passer on top of his mobility adds another dimension to his game that no other QB can top right now.

3. Tom Brady

4. Peyton Manning

5. Matt Ryan

6. Ben Roethlisberger

7. Eli Manning

8. Tony Romo

9. Joe Flacco

10. Cam Newton: Easily my most controversial pick. When I looked at all the candidates that could occupy that #10 spot; Matt Schaub? Matt Stafford(megatron)? Jay Cutler? A Rookie; Luck, Wilson, Rg3? Yeah Cam has only been in the league two years but he has shown a lot; ability wise. His rookie year was awesome. For some reason though people tend to believe that Cam had a down year this past season. Cam threw for 3,800 (4,000 last year) yards, 57% completion (60% last year) , 19 passing TDs (21 last year) and 12 interceptions (17 last year). He also had 741 yeards rushing and 8 rushing TDs. Cam also led his team in rushing yards AND rushing TDs. Cam had to DO it all. That's alot to ask from your QB. With Carolina's horrible play calling and the team still going 7-9 with (losing 7 games by a TD or less) Cam being the sole focal point of the offense, I think I can make an argument that Cam ability wise is a top 10 QB.

Here is my projection for 2013 who I think will have the best performance

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Drew Brees

3. Peyton Manning

4. Tom Brady

5. Matt Ryan

6. Tony Romo

7. Andrew Luck

8. Russell Wilson

9. Ben Roethlisberger

10. Cam Newton

Edited by dutchff7

1. Aaron Rodgers

2./3. Ben Roethlisberger

2./3. Drew Brees

4. Tom Brady (Trending down.)

5. Eli Manning (Just get him to the playoffs...)

6. Russell Wilson (Could push elite status if he continues being so efficient.)

7. Phillip Rivers (Returned to form last year. Expecting another big year.)

8. Andrew Luck (Wildcard.)

9. Peyton Manning (Ultimate choke artist. Will not win you a championship on his own.)

10. Cam Newton (I hate the guy, but he's actually been decent. Needs some receivers, lol.)

well, I didn't do one earlier, so here goes (using my typical tiers):

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Tom Brady

3. Peyton Manning

4. Drew Brees

5. Ben Roethlisberger

6. Eli Manning

7. Joe Flacco

8. Matt Ryan

9. Tony Romo

10. Matt Schaub

I'm hesitant to put the rookies on there just based on the body of work, same for Kaepernick, but I could easily put them in the third tier with Romo and Schaub, Stafford was also very close, but I decided to go with Schaub at 10, so you can add in Stafford at 11 if you want

I'm actually still pretty okay with 1-6, and actually I think all I'd do at this point is add Wilson and Luck to the second tier, so here's my current top ten:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Eli Manning
7. Andrew Luck
8. Joe Flacco
9. Russell Wilson
10. Tony Romo
I had a last second change of heart on Romo v. Ryan, I'll also note that if I were ranking further Schaub would fall much further than 12

It was fun looking at all the lists from last year, mainly because of Matt Ryan. Every list (with the exception of terpmaniac's kiss the ring by gobble-dee-gook) had Matt Ryan on it, and most of them had him in the 5-6 range. It was a no brainer at the time. Then 2013 happened... I wonder how many lists he makes it onto this time around... :think:

1. Rodgers

2. Brees

3. Brady

4. Big Ben

5. Rivers

6. Wilson

7. Manning

8. Newton

9. Luck

10. Flacco :yao: seriously though, Eli

I know Dallas fans are going to come on and wine at everybody who doesn't have Romo in their top ten (looking at you BWare lol) but the guy has one playoff win and 2 play off appearances under his belt. I realize that wins and playoff appearances are a team accomplishment, but what does every QB on these lists have in common? They've all been there more than Romo and they've won some when they got there. You can offer as many excuses as you want to but at the end of the day all these guys have had adversity. You can't tell me Romo has it so much worse than all these guys. He just doesn't belong in the top 10. No if's and's or but's about it. Argument over before it starts.

The humurous thing is that with no weapons last season and an offensive line that would make even past Bears Qbs cringe to stand behind, Matt Ryan STILL put up great numbers. (Gonzalez was great but he was double and triple covered 85% of the time, he made fantastic plays on balls that needed to be thrown into ridiculously right windows)

By all means, I understand you'll all take what I say with a grain of salt because I'm a Falcons fan, but get real. Matt Ryan should solidly be in the top 10, no brainer there. I won't be completely upbeat, of coarse Ryan has an accute tendency to piss away games in critical times, but more often than not he's the reason we win. Just saying.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Tom Brady

4. Drew Brees

5. Ben Roethlisberger

6. Russell Wilson

7. Matt Ryan

8. Andrew Luck

9. Tony Romo

10. Cam Newton

Matt Ryan has Tony Romo syndrome, but he's less talented than Romo. I considered him over Luck and Eli, but I think Newton and Wilson have passed him personally. He'd be right there at 11. If he manages to win a playoff game or two this year I could possibly be swayed.

1. Aaron Rodgers

2./3. Ben Roethlisberger

:rofl:

• Downvote 2

Matt Ryan has Tony Romo syndrome, but he's less talented than Romo. I considered him over Luck and Eli, but I think Newton and Wilson have passed him personally. He'd be right there at 11. If he manages to win a playoff game or two this year I could possibly be swayed.

I'm not going to agree with the fact that he has Tony Romo syndrome, but he HAS failed to elevate his play when the rest of the team is down. I have only seen him choke away a game by himself once against the Packers. The rest of the games that most people blame him on you can look back and actually see e still played solid. He's just got todo better is all.

I can't see how anyone can rate a declining Eli, Joe Flacco who has more extremely below average games than he does average games, Kaepernick, and a few other over rated players ahead of him.

Rivers completely slipped my thoughts, he looked back to form last season.

1. Aaron Rodgers

2./3. Ben Roethlisberger

:rofl:

Your opinion means literally nothing to me, lol. Tell me again how Tony Ugoh and Chris Johnson are two of the best players ever?

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

I'm not making a list right now...but

I don't see how it's possible to leave Ryan off of one. I hate Ryan as much as the next...but come on lol.